It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a murder and my story was changed...by cops...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

While I don't doubt that things like this happen...I have one issue with your story. You seem to remember a pretty good deal...yet you can't get a link to it? Surely you can dig around and find something even if it was way back in 74 as you claim. Otherwise to people like me this is seen as nothing more then a fishing expedition for stars and flags.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Okay, I see what you're saying now.

When the police are involved in any “crime scene” where an officer caused a death (shooting, car accident, etc), its extensive. Way more thoroughly researched then it would be if only civilians are involved. The reason is that the police have to be able to prove that the officer was not at fault, or they are open to being sued by the deceased's family. So I guarantee that the police know EXACTLY what happened in that “shootout”, how many rounds were fired, where each round hit, etc...even without your testimony.

Your problem really is with the News, not the police. The news has the tendency to “sensationalize” their headlines, and to oversimplify so as to cater to the lowest common denominator. It is true that there was a “shootout” even if all the bullets were only going in one direction, and the word “shootout” sells news.

Also, your perp was NOT unarmed. He was an ARMED FELON, who had just committed an ARMED ROBBERY, and was preparing to FLEE. If the police told him to “put the gun on the ground” and instead he threw it in the car window, then he STILL HAS CONTROL AND POSSESSION OF THE GUN...

In other words, you shouldn't lose any sleep over this.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/3/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ever heard of the West Memphis 3? Another group of people, were sentenced by the state to prison sentences lasting several life times, even though the state had received many reports and contradictory pieces of evidences suggesting that the group of boys, hadn't committed the murders. Instead, the courts convicted them of murder on three young boys, and they were sentenced to prison. They sat in prison for over 20 years, until new evidence came out clearing them, and the courts allowed them to go free under 'conditions' of some 'legality'. Basically saying they didn't commit the crime, but to get out of jail, they admit to _____.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join