Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I saw a murder and my story was changed...by cops...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It seems to me you are making a-lot of this up. Sorry to say that, but its true. First you said he got shot 15 times. then someone Said that they had 45s back then. Then you all of a sudden remember, Oh he had a 45!!! Come on.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

ATS should have a Forum titled "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish" so that stories like this will get the proper attention that they so truly deserve.

edit on 29-4-2013 by CasaVigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So the cops killed an armed robber who could have killed someone else. You get into that type of business I don't feel sorry for anyone. The cops did justice.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Hi baddmove,

Thanks for sharing your account of events that day, must take some guts.

Did the police change your story or just give their own version of events, disregarding your testimony?

I remember reading the story in the paper the next day and was not what I told the cops had happened..

If in the article, they have used what you said in your statement, to build the picture of what happened, but changed the facts to cover any wrong doing of their own, your statement and that article could be the only proof. No wonder that article is "missing".

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sad story this happened a lot where i grew up.The police would change stories,statements and eyewitnesses would not be called in to testify.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shelbylcollins

Pay Attention.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think what the OP is saying is that it's not so bad that the cops shot him since he was a felon on the run, but what's bad is that they're lying about the story to look better. They said that he came out guns flaming and they took him out, but the reality was he threw his gun into the car b4 being shot. By distorting the story for public consumption, the bad guy looks worse and the killing is more justified. Legally, it doesn't matter whether he threw the gun in the car or not, they had the green light to shoot. I'm just saying that they painted a prettier picture than what really happened.

This is like a white lie. People tell these kinds of lies ALL THE TIME. One has to ask if these little lies in abundance can be a bad thing. I think it can be, depending on the circumstances.

Ever heard the phrase "Death by a thousand stings"? Maybe lots of little lies are like that. Obviously, little lies aren't meant to harm. They're just a form of embellishment.
edit on 29-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Thank you...

That's exactly what I was trying to say..

and remember, this was 39 years ago......

so I am going in memory only....but I saw what I saw.....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I once saw someone relieved of his "money and (insert your non pharmaceutical here)". Needless to say, he was a two time felon and was actually happy he wasn't facing charges. I often wondered why and what those officers did with what they relieved him of. Seeing that at 14 made me realize not everything is what appears to be.

Nothing is what it appears to be.

The fact is: today's police continue to victimize ordinary small people and "just follow orders" .... while Wall Street, the Central Banksters, our political types and DoD are looting our treasury and our liberties while mass murdering foreign nationals. This is 100% factual and verifiable thru credible sources and yet our people continue to wave the flag and place blame on the "other" party.

This will end badly. History shows it *always* does.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If true you voice could make some loud noises with this story.....

You should speak up, and i'm not talking about ATS

I can not address any faults in your story though, as it seems some of us here on ATS dont fully believe you
edit on 29-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
So the cops killed an armed robber who could have killed someone else. You get into that type of business I don't feel sorry for anyone. The cops did justice.

Do you know the cause of the other person?

What if he was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ, trying to get food for the poor (dont laugh i know i just like to defend both sides sometimes) did they do justice then?
edit on 29-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
OK, let me simplify this so no one miss understands my point...

I saw cops kill a guy who threw his gun into his car and then turned around..

I don't know what they shot him with or how many rounds were actually fired..(but a lot)

I had to go to the police station and give my EYE witness report as I was the ONLY one who saw this..

You all with me so far????

The next day the story in the paper was not what I saw and told all them there cops and EFF BEE EYE guys..

It was something like..

"gunman robs bar and then fires on police" " gunman killed by local police in bar shootout"..

Or something like that...

I don't remember exactly what they killed him with except they were guns firing bullets..

he was unarmed at the time.( just threw his gun in car window)

I believe the title to the article should have read something like this..

"man tries to rob bar and tosses weapon into car, cops fire on him anyway thinking he is still armed"

or maybe...

"Cops fire on unarmed robber, film at 11"

you decide...
edit on 29-4-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
OP,
This is a joke right?
I thought you were going to talk about an innocent person getting killed. Not an Armed Robber being shot at the crime scene.

least I got a laugh out of this,
Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Why are people on the OPs back? You guys want governments and corporations to be fair and transparent but are perfectly ok with the police twisting facts? If the police were justified in their actions why the need to change the story at all? Should have been fairly straightforward. People come here to deny ignorance but embrace lies if they are convenient (robber shot).

I happen to know from personal experience that the police will do whatever they want to a person if they think their buddies will back them up. This is from someone who was beaten by about 8 police officers in the police station, beaten so bad the dispatcher came out of her cubicle to yell at the officers to stop. Did anything happen to the officers? nope. Did they lie and cover for each other? Yes. This all happened over a T-shirt I was wearing that an officer thought was some kind of Anticop thing. He pulled me in the bathroom and forced me against the wall threatening me about my shirt. Then he handcuffed me shoved me to the ground and started tasing me just in time for his buddies to join in with well placed kicks to the head. In the end they tried to charge me with assaulting them then dropped all charges after threatening me and my family. I eventually moved away after some harassment.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
OP,
This is a joke right?
I thought you were going to talk about an innocent person getting killed. Not an Armed Robber being shot at the crime scene.

least I got a laugh out of this,
Thanks

agreed sounds like good police work to me.

Felon fleeing the scene, throwing a weapon into a vehicle. I think use of lethal force in that situation is fair.

Who knows maybe they started firing on him when they saw the shiny chrome .45 in his hand before he threw it. 30 plus years ago..., memories change.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Things like this happen much too often, and it just goes to show that the system is broken in more ways than one. Lately I have been thinking about human nature in general, and I am close to believing the conclusion that humans are inherently selfish, and that they will always abuse positions of power one way or the other. But I know this is not the case, as there truly are good people out there who do not abuse their positions of power. But police officers, the very people tasked with upholding our laws, are probably the most notorious criminals of them all. This is because they have too much power, and the screening done to prospective officers is laughable. Anyone can become a police officer with a bit of time and effort, and suddenly they are given lots of power.

This power comes from the fact that whatever they say is law. And they make this stuff up as they go. Their word will almost always be taken over the word of the person they are being accused by. Sometimes even when there is direct evidence to the contrary. This is because often times the police will stick together and band together against someone who is in the right, just so nothing happens to their "fellow officer." What kind of messed up mentality is that coming from someone who is tasked with upholding the law? It reminds me of what i have read about the secret police in places like the former USSR and Nazi Germany, and in certain countries today. That is not how the system is supposed to work in the US, and there needs to be something done about these moronic police officers abusing their power, because not only do innocent people suffer, but JUSTICE suffers, and that is what their job is supposed to be about.

This whole country, from the government standpoint, is already in the crapper. The question now is what is worth fixing, what is worth salvaging, and whether it would be more profitable to just start over. I am convinced there will be a violent revolution in America sometime in the future, and this is why I am so adamant about our 2nd amendment rights. It is our only chance to succeed, because you see what the police do. It is not necessarily that I want to see or participate in a revolution. That is not something to be taken lightly. But in keeping with the doctrines this country was founded on, tyranny must be fought by the people, no matter if that tyranny originates from our own government or a foreign one.

there's a book written by an officer I believe its called the secret code or something like that, anyways its about how he witnessed other officers in his department steal more stuff from crime scenes, and break other laws. One time he reported it and was basically blacklisted by the other officers. Cops do stick together and lie for one another much the way a goon would lie to keep his boss out of jail, or how gangs don't snitch on one another. Its a code they all follow they act like its a brotherhood, but in actuality its a job of honesty, integrity, and respect.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
I happen to know from personal experience that the police will do whatever they want to a person if they think their buddies will back them up. This is from someone who was beaten by about 8 police officers in the police station, beaten so bad the dispatcher came out of her cubicle to yell at the officers to stop. Did anything happen to the officers? nope. Did they lie and cover for each other? Yes. This all happened over a T-shirt I was wearing that an officer thought was some kind of Anticop thing. He pulled me in the bathroom and forced me against the wall threatening me about my shirt. Then he handcuffed me shoved me to the ground and started tasing me just in time for his buddies to join in with well placed kicks to the head. In the end they tried to charge me with assaulting them then dropped all charges after threatening me and my family. I eventually moved away after some harassment.

Having witnessed some equally fubar police behavior, I no longer doubt the experiences other people claim. I can hardly believe that police today have any conscience whatsoever.

They are easily as messed up as our politicians.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
I am sorry but if you empty 15 rounds into someone their will be no "death dance" the guy would have dropped quick after the first.few rounds ...when people get shot ,its not like the movies...and i have seen plenty of videos from chechnya of people getting shot...

not denying your story ,but i think you built it up a bit for a climatic show...
edit on 28-4-2013 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

Actually it depends on the knockback power of the caliber used.

Indeed when using 9mm on someone there would've been a death dance.

If he used .45 or .50 AE Desert Eagle the guy would've been on the ground immediately with a missing head or a large hole in him!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
Hi baddmove,

Thanks for sharing your account of events that day, must take some guts.

Yes. It's not exactly something paranornal he witnessed.

You could post on here that you just fed your cat and some people would try to dubunk it...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

From the sounds of it these cops became judge jury and executioner,its one thing to shoot and kill a person who is a murderer(if you believe in eye for an eye), its another to shoot and kill someone for theift even if they were armed.Or do people think theift should carry the death penalty?,I guess if they do they would also think its barbaric in some countries to chop the hands off of thieves.

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

I`ve watched too many YT vids of police abuse to know many police go way over the top to say the least(let alone what is not caught on camera),though thats not including all.When guns are involved the response can get out of hand too easily as in the OP,let alone nowadays.Its this whole degredation of society which causes the divide between the "us and them" mentality.Which I think is by design.

Even tasers where people have died,here`s one not far from where I live (policeman on the recieving end) , that happened a few years ago in Australia,Its a pub brawl (thats common) that spewed out onto the streets that happened outside the law courts in Joondalup,there`s a heated argument with a few family members and other people and police got involved which resulted in the Dad getting tasered then watch his sons reaction...

By the way the police officer Matthew Butcher was left with brain damage, partially paralysed and visually impaired.He recieved 3.3 million in compensation.

Its crap what happens to some police also in an attempt to keep the peace,be it here or there,which gives rise to police to be better armed or biased reason to be heavy handed.

edit on 1-5-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join