It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Set To Stage Major Military Drill:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
www.heraldsun.com.au...

SEOUL (AFP) - North Korea appears to be gearing up for a major military exercise, a report said, amid tensions over an expected missile test and South Korea's pullout from a joint industrial complex.

Preparations are under way near the North's western port of Nampo for a combined live-fire drill involving artillery units and air force jets, the South's Yonhap news agency said, citing a Seoul government source.

"It appears that the scale of the drill will be quite big," the unnamed official was quoted as saying, voicing fears of military provocations against the South or a missile test by Pyongyang during the exercise.

Seriously........100 mph tape??

A North Korean artillery attack on a South Korean island in November 2010 killed four people. Seoul also holds Pyongyang responsible for the sinking of one of its naval vessels with the loss of 46 sailors the same year.

Angered by new United Nations sanctions over its third nuclear test in February and joint South Korea-US military drills -- due to end on Tuesday -- the North has for weeks been issuing threats of missile strikes and nuclear war.

The expected missile launch has kept Seoul and Washington on heightened alert for the past month, particularly on key dates such as the founding anniversary of the North's military and the birth of its late founding leader.

But Pyongyang, which has a habit of linking high-profile military tests with key dates, celebrated the key dates without the test, fanning speculations that the wait may even take months.

Another Seoul military official quoted by Yonhap said the communist North may try to "fan military tension" after South Korea pulls out all its remaining workers from a jointly run factory park.

Kaesong -- built in 2004 just north of the border as a rare symbol of inter-Korea cooperation and a valued source of hard currency for the impoverished North -- has fallen victim to the growing cross-border tensions.

Seoul on Friday announced that it would withdraw all of its remaining workers from the site after Pyongyang rejected its ultimatum to join formal negotiations on restarting the stalled operations.

Dozens of workers returned on Saturday and the remaining 50 are expected to leave on Monday, a move that experts say could lead to the permanent closure of the complex, seen as a bellwether of stability on the Korean peninsula.

edit on 28-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: LINK

edit on 29-4-2013 by Gazrok because: All caps not allowed in thread titles

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hmmm,.
love the tape job,.

Umm,. at this point, it is rather difficult to be at all concerned with lil kims threats
in any form,. right now I'd be more afraid of movement of his bowels than his military.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Hahahahaha great reply.............

Also, sorry for the CAPS! Original headline had caps.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Seriously........100 mph tape??

I doubt they'll be going faster than 30 mph the way they've got those cars packed up
It does look like strong tape though, I've never seen anything packed quite like that

It doesn't sound like NK is going to settle down any time soon
Still lookin for attention.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Link please.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The title is in all caps so it has to be true...LOL

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Can you explain what the difference between a major and minor military drill is? And why would it matter if its just a drill? If its a major attack on the south, then I get it, but a drill, is just that, a drill...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I looked at the pictures before i read the rest of the post and thought it was going to be a joke thread about those being North Korea's new, advanced tanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

One may involve a few beers and a shooting range and the other may involve the annihilation of South Korea

I jest.........but I don't really know!??

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
New threats from NK this week.....

SK Drivers who can't see out of their windhields!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
With all the north's threats lately I wouldn't put it past them to do something stupid.And yes SK are most assuredly looking for payback for NKs last attacks.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They must watch a lot of Red Green over there.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hmm since NK have protested most vocally over the US and SK drills, can the West and the UN repay the favour and protest over NK's drill? See how they like it!
Seriously though why cant people just learn to get along and live in peace.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Seriously though why cant people just learn to get along and live in peace.

Kind of hard to do when they keep using missile threats to extort money and food from you.....

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
I looked at the pictures before i read the rest of the post and thought it was going to be a joke thread about those being North Korea's new, advanced tanks.

ROFLMFAO
that is exactly what i did and thought. than i read it, don't they think thats a little unsafe? Nothing is going to happen at least not this month

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Talking Point: DRILL

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Tip on a stock to buy...Goo Gone, sales are gonna go through the roof.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
"N. Korea Set To Stage Major Military Drill, but Forgot Money for Gas" should be the title....

Maybe their pilots will actually get a full hour of flight time?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
Tip on a stock to buy...Goo Gone, sales are gonna go through the roof.

Or open a automotive paint shop wherever they are traveling to......Make a killing once their paint is tore off with that extra strong tape.....

I guess it's better than getting missiles rammed up your bum bum.....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow so when does this major drill begin?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join