It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharing an Experience My Wife is Having.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't delve in this stuff much,but the last few months have opened my mind.

Here is the story.

My father-in-law,my wife's dad,had been struggling with cancer and lost the battle a few months ago.She was very close to him.I can not stress how close she was to him.

He was married,it was his third wife,my wife's stepmom.

He didn't leave a will,but trusted his wife would carry out his wishes.So far she has partially,but has taken care of her kids before his.

Since his passing,my wife has been having vivid dreams of him.Not as memories of when he was still alive,but after he died.

At first,in her dreams,he was weak,needed help standing up and having to be put in a chair.He never said a word.

As the days and weeks progressed,her dreams ,never the same,progressed also.He got stronger.Her step mom was always in a corner of the room.

There would be him,you family members still living,some had passed.But he never spoke.

One dream she had,there was a bad person that had died that was in the room with them.My wife,in her dream,told him he did not belong there and poof,he was gone.

Her last dream from last night was of her daddy sitting at a table with all this paperwork around him.

He finally spoke and told her that what was happening was wrong and he would take care of it.

My wife is thinking she is crazy.I told her she wasn't and that she was helping her dad become stronger where he was at and he is with her and will make things right.

Before he died,we went through a grueling 36 hour death rattle. He finally left after his sister finally arrived by his bedside to tell him it was time to go.That was 5 mins.

My wife has been in constant communication with her aunt since then,and she has told her that she has had similar dreams.

After all this,I do believe that there is some afterlife,what it is I don't know.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Dreams are often symbolic, just as some are more straight forward, regardless... they are usually a reflection of recent events. Your wife isn't going crazy, she's coping. Seeing her father weak after death, not saying anything... well, to me seems to reflect what you described as the his final moments. Maybe the father getting stronger has something to do with your wife's current state in dealing with her loss. The whole bad guy in the room, then she tells him to leave, and poof he's gone just may be your wife's way of removing negative attributes to the deceased by removing the individual completely. I'm not convinced of that, but plausible.

I think she just wants to secure an image of a strong father into her mind after witnessing his decline I guess is what I'm saying. I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
He didn't leave a will,but trusted his wife would carry out his wishes.So far she has partially,but has taken care of her kids before his.

Am I totally wrong for saying that this part really bothers me?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
Dreams are often symbolic, just as some are more straight forward, regardless... they are usually a reflection of recent events. Your wife isn't going crazy, she's coping. Seeing her father weak after death, not saying anything... well, to me seems to reflect what you described as the his final moments. Maybe the father getting stronger has something to do with your wife's current state in dealing with her loss. The whole bad guy in the room, then she tells him to leave, and poof he's gone just may be your wife's way of removing negative attributes to the deceased by removing the individual completely. I'm not convinced of that, but plausible.

I think she just wants to secure an image of a strong father into her mind after witnessing his decline I guess is what I'm saying. I could be wrong.

I agree with there with maybe it is more of a coping mechanism.As she accepts his death more maybe he grows stronger in her dreams.She is convinced he is talking to her in her dreams and I am letting her do what she needs to do to come back to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Once the fields of 2 or more have modulated because of the sources being within effective range of each other, this is a bridging mechanism. These "fields" are electromagnetic, physics kinetics, and static displacements. Only when both sources reach out over this bridging mechanism using the voltage of love or hate will an acknowledged and recognizable link be established.

It is this bridging mechanism that offers salvation or damnation to everyone that has ever been within effective radiation range of anyone else. Millions of "bridges" are established in most peoples lives over their lifespan.

After death, when your consciousness is now a time traveler inside your space-time recorded lifespan. Usually you serve as your own conscience, because, after all, after you've died you now KNOW what is the "other side". You typically spend all your effort trying to guide your still embodied self to that which will produce the Communion bridge with omniscience.

You are all engaging in the crossing of the bridges.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chisisiCoptos

Originally posted by kdog1982

Am I totally wrong for saying that this part really bothers me?

Not wrong at all.They were a blended family.This was his third wife he widowed.My wife was from his first marriage.His widowed wife had kids previous and they had none between them.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Once the fields of 2 or more have modulated because of the sources being within effective range of each other, this is a bridging mechanism. These "fields" are electromagnetic, physics kinetics, and static displacements. Only when both sources reach out over this bridging mechanism using the voltage of love or hate will an acknowledged and recognizable link be established.

It is this bridging mechanism that offers salvation or damnation to everyone that has ever been within effective radiation range of anyone else. Millions of "bridges" are established in most peoples lives over their lifespan.

After death, when your consciousness is now a time traveler inside your space-time recorded lifespan. Usually you serve as your own conscience, because, after all, after you've died you now KNOW what is the "other side". You typically spend all your effort trying to guide your still embodied self to that which will produce the Communion bridge with omniscience.

You are all engaging in the crossing of the bridges.

Learning how to bridge that gap?

See,I am stuck between is it her healing or is it a learning curve between the living and the dead.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have seen things that cannot be explained. I am a believer that something other than what science admits to be real is out there with regards to what happens after a person dies. I also believe some people have special perceptions that others don't. SnF

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
From what I can gather, to me it just sounds like dreams. She's grieving and has his death on her mind.

From my beliefs of all the information i've gathered in my life, I believe in the afterlife, even if I believe we are a part of an advanced computer simulation, I still believe that there is an "afterlife program".

Heck, even one of my friends has had his heart stop for a few minutes, experienced an out of body experience where he looked down on his body and watched the hospital staff bring him back to life.

He said he felt calm, loved, pain free, and joy.

A workmate of mine also had a death experience where she went to the white light, saw her auntie and grandma and grandpa and was told it wasn't time for her yet and she had to go back. She felt peaceful, loved and didn't want to come back.

I truly believe her Dad is in a better place, and she should be happy for him.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I have seen things that cannot be explained. I am a believer that something other than what science admits to be real is out there with regards to what happens after a person dies. I also believe some people have special perceptions that others don't. SnF

When he died,I was in the room.It was both sad and beautiful at the same time.It was something I had never felt before,even though I had only known him for 20 years,he was like a father to me and a best friend.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
First off, my condolences for your wife's loss. Having a strong bond with her dad is going to make this journey of hers that much tougher to get through. All you can really do is be her sounding board and a shoulder to lean on.

And my condolences go out to you as well, kdog... If your wife had a close bond with her dad, then you certainly did too. So I don't doubt you're also having a rough go of this.

So basically we have two options of what's going on here:
1) She's dreaming these things as a coping mechanism to help her mentally handle the anguish in the waking state.

or

2) Her dad really is visiting her and is letting her know that he's attempting to fix the error of his ways.

IMO, it seems the best you can do is just allow her to think/feel/believe whatever she needs to in order to work through this. Just be her sounding board, willing to listen with no judgements either way. Because quite frankly, none of us knows for sure what the truth really is, so why bother pounding our heads against a wall trying to speculate which one it is ?

So just go with the flow per se...
As I'm sure you already know, everything has a way of ironing itself out in the end anyways.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I truly believe her Dad is in a better place, and she should be happy for him.

She is happy that he no longer suffers.She misses him.

And she truly believes he is communicating to here from the afterlife.This is a woman who's feet are planted firmly to the ground.

I'm just trying to sort it out.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Thanks,Cranialsponge.I am being her shoulder to cry on.I am going with the flow.

Just kind of freaked me out when she told me this.Like someone from ATS,not my wife.

Not knocking down ATS in that manner,but very unlike my wife.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Then no doubt it's shocking the hell out of her too.

Yup, all you guys can do is allow it to be whatever it is.
These dreams/visitations will eventually pass... they'll serve their purpose and then move on at some point.

Bit of an eye opener still just the same though, isn't it ?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

It is.

In a good positive way.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
PM sent fella.

edit on 28-4-2013 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
With much respect as always Kdog, it is very important to listen, doesn't matter what's being said.

He sounds like an amazing spirit as must be your wife.
Encouragement and love

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sorry ATS, placed info in wrong forum

edit on 28-4-2013 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

Goodness!

"I know, he wants the waters of forgiveness. He is thirsty. That's why we talk. He tells us secrets he took to the sands, we pass it to you. You tell the family, they heal and from that can come his waters of forgiveness'.

They need to send thoughts of love and forgiveness with his face/spirit (no matter how bad it was) firmly in mind

and wyrd, for the last couple of days.... 'you can't out run the sand'.... has been going through my head, not in a bad way though.

Thanks for sharing your story this is certainly the place for it. In etidorpha there is a scene from that book that describes the place he is in, have you read it? There is an extremely important character within that story, there's several, but one is ... you may be able to 'direct thought' help somehow if that is where he is, check it out though.
here

+++++++++++++
I don't know why those who comment that dreams/whatever/astral, is not more than it is, the energy that is, and was, and will be, circulates everywhere, if you are listening, you can hear it.
From personal experience it freaks out your family more than it does you (at first) who experience it (till you see proof in the flesh, then it freaks you out), especially if it had been at first, approached with curiosity, morphing.

Fascinating stuff for sure.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Okay here goes....I have been having dreams of the dead for about 9 years now. My Dad died in 2004 and my Mother died in 2005. I was present at both of their deaths. Before my parents died, we had many discussions about the afterlife. Being Christian, my parents believed in Heaven, streets of gold etc. About 6 months after their death in 2006 I began having the dreams. They would come to me in the dream, but not in old age...they were the ages they had chosen. Needless to say, they told me the afterlife was nothing like what we here thought. Over the years, they have come to me and talked with me...even to the point of being able to hug them or smell my Dad's aftershave. When my brother-in-law died, he came to me in a dream. We walked on the beach, and he told me goodbye. I also had a close friend come to me in a dream on the one year anniversary of his death...which I was not aware of. Talk about freaking! But yes, the dead can come to us in our dreams, it is the easy way for them to reach us. Please tell your wife, it is okay. She is not going crazy. Accept the dreams for what they are and if asked to do something do it. BTW my brother in law was a minister and definitely had ideas of the afterlife...he came to me a few months ago and said the same thing my parents said..it's NOT what we think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join