It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 people stabbed at Albuquerque church

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
A 24-year-old man at an Albuquerque church jumped over several pews and just started stabbing people in the choir.

4 people were stabbed as the choir had just begun it's closing hymns, an off duty cop and others subdued him untill police arrived.

I know church is boring but damm

bigstory.ap.org...

Police say a 24-year-old man stabbed four people at a Catholic church in Albuquerque as a Sunday mass was nearing its end.

Police spokesman Robert Gibbs says Lawrence Capener jumped over several pews at St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church around noon Sunday and walked up to the choir area where he began his attack

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I juries not life-threatening eh? Good thing he didn't have a gun

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ban All churches

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Thank God he didn't have a gun or heaven forbid an AR-15, the carnage could have taken biblical proportions.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Cannot imagine the carnage if the guy had been carrying a shotgun instead of a knife.....

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This news is of course very disturbing. Stabbings in a church...what is next a library? The gym? It just seems like lately the crazies are coming out of the wood work!

I just hope and pray the people that got stabbed are doing ok and on their way to recovery.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Originally posted by goou111
I know church is boring but damm

Youre obviously kidding but errr, yah, if it was due to boredom, my guess is that this would happen more frequently.

Building on your astute hypothesis, I'm going to guess that it was his way of avoiding the donation bucket.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

reply to post by cripmeister

reply to post by Hawking

I would thank God that he was poorly trained with a knife, and not try and not bring up the what ifs in order to turn this into a gun argument

cause if were doing what ifs, i could what if the situation any way i want, what if he was an expert knifesmen that had a set of throwing knifes with him and everyone he touched with a a blade died today.......see how what ifs r not relivent to the situation?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Oh god, sounds like a scene straight out of a "so bad it's good" type movie.

" He just started throwing knives at the choir! No discretion, just deadly accurate brutality. "

Seems like all the mentally unstable characters are going to start 'taking a stab' at creating their own legacy. (no-pun-intended)
Regardless of whether or not they actually know what they're doing.

Perhaps he will claim the 'devil' made him do it.

edit on 28-4-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Gun control crowd should be ashamed, can't even put your own politicals aside to address the actions of this person...

It's a good thing he didn't have a lot of other dangerous things as well, such as a molotov cocktail, a hammer, a bomb, a drone, a bat, a machete, a sword, a truck, etc...

There was no good thing about this type of incident.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Its clearly apparent and about time. We need to pass a Bill and outlaw knives.

What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well by the original post, it sounded like it was directed toward the Choir. So its safe to assume that it was someones singing perhaps that drove the person over the edge. Perhaps out of key? or one of the Sopranos were hitting extremely high notes that drove him mad. Sorry not to be funny about a bad situation.

It certainly is a sign of the times when lawlessness breaks out in places of worship! Now What would Jesus do?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
ahh,.
somebody call Obama and get the Knife ban started,.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
ahh,.
somebody call Obama and get the Knife ban started,.

Yeah and then we will get those pictures with people carrying obscene large knifes to public areas and town halls, again!

* And they will swear that only a knife with a blade of at least 3 feet length will protect you at all - anything else is just for kitchens work.

* And then there will be knife-guns. Automatic knife-guns. Or something like this one:

But with knifes!
edit on 29-4-2013 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Whats with the all the crazies coming out? sex crazies in india for the first time,killer fanatic crazies? whats with people's head?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Not every gun shot is fatal...

If the knife-wielding maniac had any basic knowledge of the human anatomy he could have ended many lives

Any stab/slice/puncture to any of the following anatomical places could have resulted in a life-threatening injury/death

Carotid, Femoral, Subclavian, Axillary arteries

Temporal lobe, Brain stem

Heart, One and/or both kidneys, One and/or Both lungs, Liver

10 Minutes of studying where these structures are located and you too can have basic anatomical knowledge

edit on 4/29/13 by SmoothRhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...
"..Another parishioner, Vanessa Lucero, 14, told The Times she was sitting right behind the man, who "was kind of twitchy, sketchy looking."

Meth user?

"He had a tattoo of an upside-down star on his wrist."

Satanist?

"He said, like, 'False preacher!' "....and he was saying, 'You don’t know about the Masons.' "

Freemasons? OOOO-eeee-OOOOO!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Now here's somebody who doesn't just talk about the freemasonic conspiracy ruling the world, he's willing to take action!

According to police, Capener targeted Adam Alvarez, the choir director at St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church, whom Capener believed was a Mason and part of a conspiracy.
Police also say Capener told medical staff that “the Freemasons have tapped into the radio waves of the church’s microphones to send out their message.”
“Capener stated that the devil was sending a message through the microphone whenever Alvarez sang or spoke,” according to a news release from APD. “He said that he had been attending church at St. Jude’s for the past three months and on Sunday he “had enough” and had to take action.”
Hours before the stabbings, Capener vandalized the Masonic Lodge, 1420 Barbara Loop SE, in Rio Rancho with spray paint, police said. Capener told police he believed Alvarez was a Mason and that he was “fed up with the Masons, and he was going to do something about the `one’ that was in the choir,” the complaint said.
He went on to say that the Masons are “a group of individuals involved in a conspiracy that is more far-reaching than I could or would believe,” according to a criminal complaint filed in court.

Dude picked the wrong church, though:

www.koat.com...
Albuquerque police Officer Daren DeAguero was able to handcuff Capener. FBI Special Agent Charles Metzler Jr., 53, Rio Rancho police Officer Chris Maestas, 34, and Department of Correction Sgt. Gilbert Flores, 53, were also among the church members who stopped the attack.

/
edit on 29-4-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm glad there were no causalities!

It's just a good thing he didn't wield executive powers or have unilateral power to kill with predator drones!

And i'm very glad he didn't have access to funnel millions of dollars in US Aid to Al-Queda!

Or this could have been ...alot worse!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mistake ... linked thread was not the first .... this was.

Please continue the dialogue here.

edit on 4/30/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join