It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highest Fallout Levels in Tokyo Since May 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Very interesting what is the cause of this increases in February and March ..

We will see in next days was situation better or worse in April ..

Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health

monitoring.tokyo-eiken.go.jp...

According to Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health, the fallout level (Cs-134/137) in Tokyo was the highest reading this March since May of 2011. (64 Bq/m2)

It was increasing since this February. The reason is not known.

fukushima-diary.com... aign=Feed%3A+FukushimaDiary+%28Fukushima+Diary%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

edit on 28-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Since they continually have earthquakes I am surprised the whole are has not blown up or dropped into the sea!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Whats that last line of the graph show? total of 64bq/m2?

I was just reading here in this thread below that

By way of comparison, the European Union's limit for drinking water is 10 becquerels per liter.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-4-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

OK I'VE DONE THE MATHS!!!!

1bq = 0.013 Microsieverts

Conversion Becquerel/Sievert and Sievert/Becquerel
1 Bq = 0.013 microsievert

Therefore 64 Bq X 0.013 = 0.832 Microsieverts

Now here's the real kicker...

0.25 MicroSieverts declares playground off limits...

ODA, Chiba — The municipal government here independently set a 1.0 millisievert maximum annual radiation dose for children [...] The new maximum dose breaks down to an hourly dose of 0.19 microsieverts, presupposing that a child spends eight hours a day outside. [...] Parts of the playground, where radiation of 0.25 microsieverts per hour has been detected, have been declared off-limits, while staff and children at the school must wear hats and wash their hands and gargle regularly. [...]

Don't forget to gargle!!!

To remain under that 0.19 MicroSievert maximum hourly dose limit you need to be under 14.6 bq...
edit on 28-4-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Since they continually have earthquakes I am surprised the whole are has not blown up or dropped into the sea!

Since they have built their infrastructure with the instability of the area in mind, and made engineering designs to prevent wide-spread failure, I'm surprised more people don't have faith in Japanese infrastructure, and the people behind it...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Don't know from where originally that second graph is ..

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Since they have built their infrastructure with the instability of the area in mind, and made engineering designs to prevent wide-spread failure, I'm surprised more people don't have faith in Japanese infrastructure, and the people behind it...

Sorry B. You don't build Nuclear power plants on active fault lines, near oceans. You're just asking for the inevitable to happen, regardless on how "safe" the builders think its going to be.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Well it was hit by a tsunami and nothing has been back to that original "well built designs"? since continuous earth movement I would think would have an effect.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This latest leak was listed a 'Rolling Event' that started April 15 2013

RSOE EDIS

The company operating the disaster-hit Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant (NPP) in northern Japan warned about the possibility of radioactive water leak, the Kyodo news agency reported on Friday. The Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) said that “contaminated water may have leaked into soil from one of the seven underground reservoir tanks,” the agency reported. Radioactive substances have been detected in the water that accumulated outside the tank, covered by three layers of waterproof sheets. The exact volume of leak is unknown, but radiation levels in the water stand at about 6,000 Becquerel per cubic centimeter. Earlier on Friday, the company reported that a cooling system of the Unit Three spent atomic fuel storage facility temporarily failed at approximately 5:30 a.m. GMT, but the problem was fixed in about three hours. Three similar incidents were reported at spent fuel facilities at the plant’s units One, Three and Four last Month.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yap ..

Some info here about one more very dangerous and vulnerable nuclear power plant in world or let me say most vulnerable In U.S.

San Onofre Insider Says NRC Should Not Allow Nuclear Restart!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ive said this also.

People are so blind to the Trojan Horse in their own backyards........

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida
reply to post by sonnny1

Yap ..

Some info here about one more very dangerous and vulnerable nuclear power plant in world or let me say most vulnerable In U.S.

San Onofre Insider Says NRC Should Not Allow Nuclear Restart!

Listen this person, he put in this video a lot of information how dangerous is location of this nuclear plant ..

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So no more ideas way Tokyo have incising readings of cesium 134 and 137 ?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Sorry B. You don't build Nuclear power plants on active fault lines, near oceans. You're just asking for the inevitable to happen, regardless on how "safe" the builders think its going to be.

I'm not suggesting they win any awards for that one... Likely no one is either, besides that their track record is damn good. You don't bury an automaker because one line of cars was recalled...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
[Over double as safety limit] 210 Bq/Kg from edible wild plants in Tochigi, 102 km from Fukushima nuclear plant
Posted by Mochizuki on April 28th, 2013

Tochigi it's closer to Tokyo from Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant ..

www.mhlw.go.jp...

According to Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, 210 Bq/Kg of Cs-134/137 was measured from edible wild plants ( Acanthopanax sciadophylloides) in Tochigi. This is the double amount of the safety limit.

Sampling date : 4/22/2013
Cs-134 : 72.3 Bq/Kg
Cs-137 : 135 Bq/Kg

The sampling location is 102 km from Fukushima nuclear plant.

fukushima-diary.com...[editby ]edit on 29-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I can't compare a nuclear plant to a car.
That's like comparing a fine wine to mad-dog 20/20 !

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You don't build Nuclear power plants on active fault lines, near oceans.

Actually. The whole of Japan is on an active fault line. Where would you have them build a reactor?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alekto

You don't build Nuclear power plants on active fault lines, near oceans.

Actually. The whole of Japan is on an active fault line. Where would you have them build a reactor?

I wouldnt have them build them, period. Alternative power should be sought.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I wouldnt have them build them, period. Alternative power should be sought.

Japan has precious little in the way of natural resources so we'll use what we can. Sorry if that's not your preferred method.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

Japan has plenty of alternative energy sources and so does the rest of the world,what an incredibly pigheaded
and selfrighteous way of looking at the planet and all the living beings dependent.Nuclear energy at this primitive state of our civilisation is an ongoing disaster with a radiant future.All it takes is one meteor to strike one of the oceans and all the shorelines will be underwater and guess what, most of the worlds nuclear reactors and processing plants are on or near that shoreline,not to mention most of the chemical industry,refineries etc..

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
As Pig-headed (as you say) as Sonny1's assertion that only Japan should seek out alternative means of energy? The US (which also houses Reactors on fault-lines) are bizarrely exempt.

How fantastically arrogant of you.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Alekto because: Because I can

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join