It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adrian Haslet Boston Amputee to appear on Dancing with the Stars next week!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This from the Daily mail:

A professional dancer who had part of her leg amputated after being injured in the Boston bombings is to appear on Dancing With The Stars. Adrianne Haslet, who has become a symbol of American resilience after the attacks, said she is 'honored' to make a guest appearance on the show. Details of her guest appearance and role on the primetime dance competition are yet to be revealed. But the ballroom dancer - who is said to be a fan of the programme- said 'dancing is my life' and vowed to start training as soon as possible. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Is this even possible??

C. Immediate Postacute Hospital Stage In general, this stage begins with hospital discharge and extends 4, 6, or even 8 weeks after surgery. This is the time of recovery from surgery, a time of wound healing, and a time of early rehabilitation. Frequently, end points of this stage are characterized as the point of wound healing and the point of being ready for prosthetic fitting. However, it should be noted that healing of a residual limb is a continuous process, and the limb does not have a clear and decisive point of "being healed." Furthermore, prosthetic readiness is a transition point that is difficult to standardize and measure. Much of the current research comparing different postoperative management strategies attempts to use these two elusive end points with varying results.

[url=//www.oandp.org...

These bombing victims remind me of certain parents in the aftermath of a certain mass shooting that happened recently. It leaves me cold. And disgusted.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wow... if it is true, she is one tough girl... like a guy getting a vasectomy and jogging home.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Is this even possible??

It doesn't say that she's going to be competing, just appearing. So she comes on in a wheelchair, waves and says some nice things, and then the competition goes on (without her.)

Not a big deal.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It does say she vowed to start training as soon as possible.....it hasnt even been a month yet. You'd think one needs a little time to heal, 2 to 3 weeks and then a dance off?

Yup, weird is in the air.....

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Is this even possible??

It doesn't say that she's going to be competing, just appearing. So she comes on in a wheelchair, waves and says some nice things, and then the competition goes on (without her.)

Not a big deal.

it says she's going to start training as soon as possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior9970

Originally posted by adjensen

Is this even possible??

Not a big deal.

it says she's going to start training as soon as possible.

Start training as soon as possible to start dancing again in general. It doesn't say specifically training for the show.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sounds to me like she's someone who is very Type 'A' for personality and a real survivor. In my experience, people react to life changing personal set back in one of two ways. They are changed or outright ruined by it on the negative side ... or they use it as a point to fight and fight so hard they recover beyond expectations and to the maximum extent that technology and/or medical science will allow it to happen.

She's also healthier than average to judge by what makes her stand out for the story ..and so healing may well be on the shorter side of the range for her. Tho like someone else noted? Appearing and competing are radically different things while shows always want the P.R. bump from having high profile people appear, even as guest appearances. She's definitely high profile for at least a short time.

Too bad it had to be for these reasons of course.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's grotesque. Who wants to see bombing victims dancing? I question if she lost that limb so recently...but either way this is in very poor taste. The usual suspects are here to prop up the absurdities. Ugh. do you never tire of looking foolish? I really hope it's worth it for you.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What if you people are wrong? What if this is just some poor woman who had a fairly clean amputation that healed well and quickly? A former dancer who has lost a piece of her.

Honestly, being agnostic myself, I hope a forgiving god exists just so you're forced to apologize to her in the afterlife if you're wrong.

If you're right, I'll be right there to eat m' words.

top topics

join