It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An invisible Owl on the shoulder.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that i have an invisible bird that rests upon my shoulder, probably an owl, and i'd like to discuss here how i have arrived at this conclusion, what the implications and potential effects are, look at the historical traditions regarding such, and take note of others who may have similar beliefs and experiences.

How i came to this conclusion is that when i lay down and relax and close my eyes i immediately begin to perceive a vision of my surroundings within the mind, when i open my eyes to check the reality of the vision i notice an ever present difference in perspective, that the inner vision is perceived from somewhat above and to the side of the expected viewing perspective...thus from somewhere above the shoulder.

This is what many would consider a 'third eye' type experience, yet i would reject that explanation on the grounds of perspective, the vision is formulated from outside my normative viewing range.

With this in mind the traditions of a guardian Angel, or Demon upon the shoulder, or a bird familiar seem far more appropriate, that one has shared spiritual vision with such an invisible companion.

The invisible companion is in a sense an intermediary, between ones normal conciousness and the greater spiritual realm, it can take flight and glide effortlessly through the realm of dream in the nocturnal hours, reveal the hidden paths within the darkness and unknowing...when you sleep it is at its most active.

Probably the most important aspect though is that this intermediate extension of self is immortal, when you will die it will live on, but will always be looking to return.

In this aspect the Egyptians had the cult of the Falcon, the bird of warriors and Princes, their immortal aspect of soul, when they died this lived on, for the women the bird of choice as the spiritual companion was the Kite, as in the winged Isis.

Interpretations then as to which bird is involved differ, for Christianity the Dove is standard issue, this choice pre-dating the origins of Christianity as an aspect of the cult of Ishtar, but the key point is that survivability of the immortal soul was generally understood as requiring such an intermediary.

Those who have had near death experiences will often note the out of body viewing perspective which is that of their winged companion as they are slipping away.

With regards to the specifics of the owl familiar, because of its all seeing nocturnal activities this is very much the bird of the seer and mystic, Athena originally had a crow but in her infinite wisdom upgraded to an owl, were wisdom is the balance between understanding the unseen as well as the seen.

The owl was generally feared however as an omen and harbinger of death in the ancient world, however that is simply owls doing a good job, in their functions regarding the transition of souls, and when one dies another is born, so it is just the way of things.

Throughout history and across many cultures, people have regarded Owls with fascination and awe. Few other creatures have so many different and contradictory beliefs about them. Owls have been both feared and venerated, despised and admired, considered wise and foolish, and associated with witchcraft and medicine, the weather, birth and death. Speculation about Owls began in earliest folklore, too long ago to date, but passed down by word of mouth over generations.

In early Indian folklore, Owls represent wisdom and helpfulness, and have powers of prophecy. This theme recurs in Aesop's fables and in Greek myths and beliefs. By the Middle Ages in Europe, the Owl had become the associate of witches and the inhabitant of dark, lonely and profane places, a foolish but feared spectre. An Owl's appearance at night, when people are helpless and blind, linked them with the unknown, its eerie call filled people with foreboding and apprehension: a death was imminent or some evil was at hand.

Owl Lore

I'm not sure how much choice people have when it comes to choosing, accepting, or even rejecting such winged companions, perhaps they choose you, i'm not sure about this, and would welcome considerations...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Its just youre guide, and means no harm. Mine is the Wolf and Crow. Check out Shamanism

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Or a symbol of your contact with the alien race the greys
The owl represent the greys

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm curious. What do you see? Is it like normal vision just above your shoulder or do you see in the infrared able to spot the heat coming from mammals or rodents outside?

Does your vision fly up as if you're seeing through an owl?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Generally if i close my eyes a still vision of the room from altered perspective, this can lead on to visions, sometimes played out on the television screen even if it's not turned on, but in dreams this becomes more animated and free ranging, what people call lucid dreaming, but i would consider activities of the bird companion, flying and silent gliding, conciousness merged.

The flying up such that you are seeing the room, and sometimes yourself, from the vantage point of the ceiling does occur...an unusual form of being 'high'

reply to post by Spacespider

The owl represents potential transference of soul, if people experience a sense of 'leaving their body' or the room as in classic abduction cases then the owl can be the underlying spiritual aspect, but what is occuring isn't neccesarily as the minds eye percieves or recalls, though cultural bias and suggestions to the imagination.

reply to post by Apollo7

Surely 'guide' is to narrow a term if this is the aspect of soul that is immortal in the sense that the Egyptians understood it...?
edit on 28-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This might be helpful:
Diagram of related concepts

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've always had a deep connection with the symbolism of the owl. I collect owls. My favorite character on my favorite cartoon when I was a child, (Winnie the Pooh) was Owl. Even though people likened me more to the Pooh character in my temperament and personality.
My brother was more like Tigger.

My totem is the frog/toad. I collect them to in jewelry and nicknacks. I've always thought they were so interesting. I was assigned that as my official totem, long ago. It matched up with my natal chart my mom did, as I'm primarily influenced by the earth and water elements - which the frog matches up to. But that wasn't how I got assigned the frog totem.

My mother tells the story of when I was three years old, outside playing in the back yard. She called me in - for whatever reason and I told her I can't without stepping on the frogs. My mother was like
. So she comes out of the house to retrieve me and the yard is filled with hundreds, not just a handful, but hundreds of frogs and I was sitting smack dab in the center of them hopping all over me and with me picking them up to study them, pet them and just unperturbed by the entire incident - she said.

They've been my totem with everyone buying me anything with frogs (tee-shirts, stuffed animals, posters) ever since.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It seems you are blessed with a familiar. Furthermore, it is even an owl, which I personally find fortunate as it represents my goddess and her hand maiden.

Since the harbinger apparently finds you important, you may want to heed the call. Keep your heart and ears open, especially in the wind. You may just find your path in the old religions as a witch. I'd tell you not to ignore it but you won't be able to, anyway; if it is indeed her, she will get louder and more obvious if you ignore her.

Be intentional, deliberate, and wise in the coming relationship with your friend and you will be amazed at the rewarding relationship that results.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

The frog or toad is interesting in these regards as in symbology it represented an intermediate point of transition between the physical realm and the spiritual, due to it's amphibious land and water compatabilities, so owls and frogs were the signs of such dabblings...

reply to post by Cuervo

Thanks, who do you see as your Goddess and Hand-maiden...?

If i was to guess i'd say Inanna and Lilitu as you mention the wind.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
Thanks, who do you see as your Goddess and Hand-maiden...?

If i was to guess i'd say Inanna and Lilitu as you mention the wind.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

You got it. While I acknowledge her sister, Ereshkigal, it is Inanna I am tied to (even though I sometimes feel like Nergal when I first wake up, hah).

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
Or a symbol of your contact with the alien race the greys
The owl represent the greys

lol... The owl represents wisdom and its so ancient, before 37.000bc (before even atlantis created) in our records. And the 99% of the statues u showed belongs to us my country. Owl is very known in Hfaistos history, the creator of the universe (the architect) also the other worlds (dimensions) so called underworld and further than that.. Owl also is known from Goddess Athena.. The little green owl picture is from Athena if u see there is the letter ΑΘΕ - ΝΑ (the other ones are hidden).

The grays u speak about, are an abomination, slaves of the dragonian race. And thats what humans will become if they keep up like that... Or those who will "transfer" into their ships.. The internet is filled today with mediums and mistresses talking about the return of an alien race who will come to "help" humans and take us with them... yeah.. dont go if u dont want to end up "gray". Also in jewish books their god... They say, after he comes he will kill the ones who believe in him and take the rest, will give them immortal bodies without genitals and any biological needs.. its the same thing... Slaves (grays in general are enslaved civilizations from the past, other solar systems)... We are not the first targets u know...

But for ur records, witchcraft belongs to the draconian race.. Witches used it after as a symbol... But witchcraft is very modern in earth history.. And thats how it spread into the world from them... Its something similar with the star wars project also... jedis and syths.. They manipulated ur minds in such a way, that u dont know if ur nose or fingers is a part of ur body. But soon this theatre will come to an end. I may remind u that angels gave the ring of power to solomanta and he could built his temple in 3 days... Also the solomonika book, to control demons... just think... angels gave the ring... anyway (the whole thing sounds like a theatre, between colleagues, pretending to be angels and pretending to be demons).. lol (others call them pliadians, orion, rebel andromedians, etc, the fallens in general).. demons are the draconian..

Just remember, good forces and races, NEVER use witchcraft or any kind of mind controls. They dont need to.
edit on 29-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I was researching some Mandean texts you might find interesting, one concerns becoming the incarnation of Liwet/Venus.

Mandean Legend Concerning the Mountain of the Maddai:
Now the head-priest had a daughter, and he had built a sanctuary, a secret place of worship, on the mountain. Thither he was wont to go and take the girl, for he had knowledge of Liwet (Dilbat, Venus), who is a female spirit, and inhabits the star Liwet. She is so lovely to look upon that if a man sees her he swoons away. She wears a diadem of great beauty on her brow, and a wonderful perfume issues from it, so exquisite that he who smells it loses his senses and becomes unconscious. The diadem is of lights, which play and dazzle. There are wise men who see her, and there are places where they make her a sanctuary, bringing a beautiful girl or a handsome boy to it and placing him or her therein. Then they read secret incantations, and she (= Venus) descends into the girl or boy and answers the questions which are put to her. Much knowledge is to be learnt from her.

The head-priest used to take his daughter into this secret sanctuary and Liwet used to descend into her. Her father used to put a glass bowl filled with water before the girl and say to her, ‘Gaze into it!’ Then he began to read incantations, read, read, read, until the glass became red, became white, became green, became blue, dī, dī, dī, dī! until the glass became like a globe of light. At that moment, a sweet and pleasant wind breathed upon the girl and she slept, and Liwet entered into her thoughts and spoke through her mouth. The head-priest arose and spoke to her (= Liwet) thus: ‘Of thy favour, help us! The soldiers of the Turks have come against us to do us an injury, and thou knowest we have done them no harm!’ Liwet replied, ‘I will cause them to perish! They cannot harm you while we are in the world.’ The head-priest said to her, ‘Of thy favour, what can we do against them?’ Answered Liwet, ‘I can do that which will prevent them from seeing. It will become black before them and they will be unable to see.’

Generally these texts are concerned with binding the various Istars and Liliths of the land;

www.aakkl.helsinki.fi...

www.aakkl.helsinki.fi...

Bound is ˁUlmaya who dwells in the desert of Kulaniya. Bound is ˁIlmaya Dew who dwells in the waste lands of Ubriya (and) Amiqta. Bound is the rebellious, dog-like Lilith who dwells on the river Pišra and calls herself Mamay. Bound are all Liliths and Istartes who dwell in the fortress of Škatin (= Bīt ˁIškatil) and Šarmat and Batunia of Bīt Ulaya. Shackled is the Lord of Bīt Zaman. Bound is Istarte Amašmiš of Šuš-Birta. Bound and shackled is Ispandarmid-Lilith, who calls herself Lady (-Ispandarmid). Bound is Anahid-Lilith of Arimin of Kaldayye. Bound (and shackled) is Nanay of Borṣip and shackled is Nanay of Bīt Guzayye which is in Gahzay. Bound is Ilaha Bruqa who sits on the bank of the Tigris. Bound is the Persian Gisur … Bound is Mohbaṭ-Sahir who sits on the hill of Mura. Bound is Mlaka of Radin, the reckless Šṭurga and bound is Istarte, the Lady of Bīt Zibna. Bound is Istarte of the new town (territory), the Istarte who sits on the bank of the Euphrates and calls herself Mulit. Bound are the sixty-six Ilahas. Bound is the phalanx of Nanay, she and her seven sisters who dwell on the river Harin (or: Hurin) in Bīt Hašim (Hašum). Bound and shackled is the Istarte of Akat, she and her three hundred and sixty tribes … Bound is Nerig of Zambur and Ilaha of Bīt Tuldana, they and their imprecations and their tribes.

www.aakkl.helsinki.fi...

www.aakkl.helsinki.fi...

www.aakkl.helsinki.fi...

A line that intrigued me the most was a referance to 360 generations of Istar.

Ištar of Akkade appears in a Mandaic magic bowl BM 91724 6-7: “be bound and tied up Ištar of Akat, she, and her 360 generations”.

www.aakkl.helsinki.fi...

The Mandean texts generally then are concerned with binding the powers of various Istars and Liliths, though there is a text on how to bind a man in the name of Lilbat;

In the name of Libat (Venus), mistress of gods and men! He shall be brought into subjection, this man, N., neath the feet of N., woman, by the four limbs of his body, by the eight corners of his stature; his male member and his sinews are subjected, subjected are his incoming and outgoing, subjected his slaves and his handmaidens, subdued are his šids (household spirits) and his demons, subdued his amulets and idols, subdued his knowledge and understanding, subdued are the evil thoughts that are in his heart and his body, that of N. by the name of Mimhisiq Qusum, the lady that illumines them, that casts water on dry land, and on the hands of (Libat) mistress of gods and men. He shall be bound and will come: he is brought into subjection

www.aakkl.helsinki.fi...

edit on 30-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Wow. Thank you very much. I've completely overlooked anything relating to the Mandeans because they just seemed so distant with their Abrahamic associations (Jon the Baptist, etc) so I just never thought they would be very relevant. I was very wrong, apparently.

I will bookmark those and read more in depth. Also, you've gotten me interested in the Melammu project which is yet another thing I've ignored due to it beginning around 2,000 BCE. There is obviously more to it than I thought.

Thank you again. You are a great resource here.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Cuervo because: Coffee...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I just couldn't resist Krantz.....

edit on 4/30/2013 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have a white owl I have seen at various times in my life more recently it has been making itself very well known. I have mentioned it several times in other threads because I actually do believe (even with my science mind) that it has some significance. I just wish I could figure out what...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
[color=cyan]
The invisible companion is in a sense an intermediary, between ones normal conciousness and the greater spiritual realm, it can take flight and glide effortlessly through the realm of dream in the nocturnal hours, reveal the hidden paths within the darkness and unknowing...when you sleep it is at its most active.

With regards to the specifics of the owl familiar, because of its all seeing nocturnal activities this is very much the bird of the seer and mystic, [color=gold] Athena originally had a crow but in her infinite wisdom upgraded to an owl, were wisdom is the balance between understanding the unseen as well as the seen.

The owl was generally feared however as an omen and harbinger of death in the ancient world, however that is simply owls doing a good job, in their functions regarding the transition of souls, and when one dies another is born, so it is just the way of things.

[color=gold] this image above is that Athena or Lilith/Innana depicted 1 is not sure Kantzveldt.

Throughout history and across many cultures, people have regarded Owls with fascination and awe. Few other creatures have so many different and contradictory beliefs about them. Owls have been both feared and venerated, despised and admired, considered wise and foolish, and associated with witchcraft and medicine, the weather, birth and death. Speculation about Owls began in earliest folklore, too long ago to date, but passed down by word of mouth over generations.

In early Indian folklore, Owls represent wisdom and helpfulness, and have powers of prophecy. This theme recurs in Aesop's fables and in Greek myths and beliefs. By the Middle Ages in Europe, the Owl had become the associate of witches and the inhabitant of dark, lonely and profane places, a foolish but feared spectre. An Owl's appearance at night, when people are helpless and blind, linked them with the unknown, its eerie call filled people with foreboding and apprehension: a death was imminent or some evil was at hand.

[color=cyan] I'm not sure how much choice people have when it comes to choosing, accepting, or even rejecting such winged companions, perhaps they choose you, i'm not sure about this, and would welcome considerations...

It seems even in the Garden there sits...
[color=gold]
Not sure if owl or other Ariel representation of the LORD of AIR and COMMAND or something else? Atop Serpents head or if its just representation of from where the Serpent came?
[color=cyan] 1 can see how these nocturnal Creatures due to spending most of their aware conscious time in moments when many others are in subconscious mode or sleep gain such a mystic association to their presence perhaps that's their points of Intra here when the consciousness is at rest somewhat.

As far as you personally detecting another energy signature presence on you or attached to you Kantzveldt I wont jump to conclusions w/o better data but it is possible as you shared, perhaps they choose if that's the case. And if so, self evaluation would or could allow you peace as you look inside to discover what about you your personality or even Spirit/Soul/Internal energy would or could attract their interest.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
edit on 5/21/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I found this interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I've had a similar experience but I'm not sure how this may relate. Since I was very young (maybe always) I've often discovered (usually at night) that I have a second set of larger, rounder eyes outside my physical ones. I see these from the perspective of my physical eyes and I'm not sure if I've ever seen through them exactly, but I know them to be a part of me. As I'd turn my head, or even blink, these eyes would move with my own. I've often thought that these were the eyes of my spiritual body, but they do seem to be owl-like.

A while back I meditated on what my animal guide was. After a period of relaxed concentration, I began receiving images of owls. Thus, I began collecting owl imagery for further inspiration. Hence also, my avatar.

edit on 22-5-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I think the primary role is intelligence gathering, scouting out paths before hand, conveying the information intuitively, such that after the owl has worked while i slept the day is already planned and prepared, the owl is well connected.

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes i don't think you can choose to have one really, there will be the question of whether you accept it's presence or are alarmed, but essentialy it's a working bird and a gift

reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

That's interesting, i've never seen any eyes, only seen as though through the eyes of...it doesn't seem to be very common that people have this mental vision of the room they are in when they close their eyes, from the altered perspective.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Didn't Jared Laughner say he had an invisible bird on his shoulder when he was here?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What sort of New Age non-sense have you been digesting, to make you believe an owl is sitting on your shoulder, feeding you information about the world?

<<   2 >>

join