It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Radiation epidemic” killing So. California sea lions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Char-Lee

We've polluted the oceans so much for so long it's hard to believe the support life at all.
I doubt they tell us the truth of their die off any way, but I suspect we are the cause.

SnF
edit on 28-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

It may have something to do with our sun.

Sea Lions spend a lot of time lying around in the sun.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This was a source on the Hanford thread:
rense.com...
SCE is to blaim...used a hot water power washer to clean-up for inspection in March.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

We've polluted the oceans so much for so long it's hard to believe the support life at all.
I doubt they tell us the truth of their die off any way, but I suspect we are the cause.

SnF

That's it? So now just the Sea Lions are reacting to something about the sun? Why isn't the rest of the planet reacting? Are they not getting the same or equal amount of sunlight, especially in Southern California?

Please elaborate

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

SnF

That's it? So now just the Sea Lions are reacting to something about the sun? Why isn't the rest of the planet reacting? Are they not getting the same or equal amount of sunlight, especially in Southern California?

Please elaborate

We will have to wait for more info.

BTW, does the sun appear more white and less yellow to you? Go take a look.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

SnF

Please elaborate

We will have to wait for more info.

BTW, does the sun appear more white and less yellow to you? Go take a look.

That is not really a decisive answer, the sun is not out yet and I should be asleep. (It's still night here)

Wait for more info from who? Can you research for yourself on this forum and external sources to deduce an opinion for yourself so that you can express it here?

The sun looks the same to me in the daytime. I don't stare at it

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

The sun huh ? What might the odds of that be. I'd say at least 10 to 1. But based on your perspective ?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

This is a 12 month composite image of our sun. 2012 - 2013

Right Click and save to disk.

It makes a great wallpaper image for your computer.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

The agency says it’s unlikely that radiation is to blame but it hasn’t been ruled out.

LOL the end of the article states the noaa thinks it is unlikey radiation is the cause, but i wouldnt call them all experts cuz i dont knowem

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd bet 1 grand that the seal issue is due to Fukushima.

I also have 3 friends with high paying jobs that left the West coast after getting High readings on Ebay-bought Geiger counters.

This too is related:

Almost third more US West Coast newborns may face thyroid problems after Fukushima nuclear disaster

Researchers have discovered that the Fukushima nuclear disaster has had far-reaching health effects more drastic than previously thought: young children born on the US West Coast are 28 percent more likely to develop congenital hyperthyroidism.

In examining post-Fukushima conditions along the West Coast, researchers found American-born children to be developing similar conditions that some Europeans acquired after the 1986 meltdown of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant.

“Fukushima fallout appeared to affect all areas of the US, and was especially large in some, mostly in the western part of the nation,” researchers from the New York-based Radiation and Health Project wrote in a study published by the Open Journal of Pediatrics.

I remember the same month that Fukushima happened, that the US Gov raised the legal limit of air-borne radiation to unprecedented levels, that were just a month ago unsafe/illegal.

We are watching the World's biggest smear campaign media blackout ever!!!!!! I refuse to go to West coast!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

EEEEk I can't move and I am right on the water West Coast!! I certainly agree with you!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Ok, I have seen these discs before and used to watch them every day on solarham or from nasa or other places.

This is a jpeg composite as you said so I don't really see any compare / contrast to show the sun is "brighter" this year compared to last year, or over whatever time frame you think the sun has started to brighten.

Can you show before / after images so we can easily see what you're talking about? A composite doesn't help imo.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

EEEEk I can't move and I am right on the water West Coast!! I certainly agree with you!

Come move out near me, I'm getting ready to purchase some acreage in East Tennessee just outside of Knoxville, and will have plenty of land for people to come and live there, fruit trees, gardens, build a cob house ...the more the merrier

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Thamks! sounds wonderful! i love to garden! For me the one big problem in life is my husband will never move away from his parents

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
See: en.wikipedia.org...

This time of year there is normally an upwelling of colder water along this coastline- bringing phytoplankton- and the baby fish that swarm in it- closer to the surface. This is known as the 'California Current'.

Young sea lions cannot dive deep or hold their breath long. They rely on this cold water upwelling to bring schools of small fish to the surface as food. This is where the mother sea lion would normally teach the recently weaned to hunt. All of these Sea Lions are emaciated and starving to death. All of them.

The California Current upwelling is not occurring this year. This upwelling can be subdued in an El Nino year, like 2010. But this is not an El Nino year. The water is just hot overall. This is what they do not want people to know. This is actually more horrifying in scope than radiation threat because of it's immediate impact on the environment and fishieries.

"Upwelling is an oceanographic phenomenon that involves wind-driven motion of dense, cooler, and usually nutrient-rich water towards the ocean surface, replacing the warmer, usually nutrient-depleted surface water.

Coastal upwelling is the best known type of upwelling, and the most closely related to human activities as it supports some of the most productive fisheries in the world.

The food chain follows the course of:
Phytoplankton → Zooplankton → Predatory zooplankton → Filter feeders → Predatory fish → Marine birds, marine mammals "
edit on 5-5-2013 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join