It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism continues in the music industry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeOldBrew
Most practicing Satanists do not believe in an actual deity called Satan. They use Satan and the story behind Satan as an archetype for their world view, which is freedom from oppression, freedom from servitude to the world's elite class, and freedom from blind faith in Judeo-christian religions, specifically judaism, christianity, and islam. The story of Satan as the Adversary involves rebellion against a tyrannical, controlling, violent, vicious, uncaring god who demands obedience and servitude and fear. Since the bible was designed specifically to keep slaves, servants, the mentally inept, and the working classes in a state of servitude and fear of their masters, of course the figure of Satan would be promoted as evil. Considering that Satan is the modern evolution of ancient Pagan spirits that embody nature and harmony with it, such as Cernunnos and the like, it becomes obvious why royalty, rulers, and tyrants have used christianity as a tool to control their subjects and servants, and sought very early on to demonize the ancient deities and spirits that represented a free and unconstrained humanity, in harmony with the natural world.

If you think these "musicians" are sitting around in dark rooms chanting, sacrificing small children and animals for satan, or selling themselves to the devil, you really need to extract yourself from the religious fantasy world you've created for yourself, or have allowed your masters to create for you.
edit on 28-4-2013 by StrangeOldBrew because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2013 by StrangeOldBrew because: (no reason given)

Cute. Do people make these sorts of statements out of genuine ignorance or do they have an agenda to push? I'm guessing the latter.

I find it interesting how everyone is always so quick to bring up the philosophies of the church of satan (or Anton Lavey if you will) in threads like these while completely overlooking the very real fact that there are other forms of Satanism. Are we to believe that Christians are comprised solely of southern baptists while we are at it?

A little research would go a long way towards helping you seem as wise as you think you are.

Now for those of you who think this is all just a marketing gimmick: Why? We know sex drugs and rock' n roll sells. It has for decades. Why bother pushing satanic imagery on pre-teens if it's all just to sell records? Seems to me there have been many, MANY crappy pop groups out there that have done just fine force feeding their terrible brand of music to the mindless masses while making loads of money doing it. You don't exactly need satanic imagery to turn a buck with pop music. In fact, it's much more common today than it ever has been previously. It used to be relegated to the realm of heavy metal bands or under ground acts. Now it is mainstream.

If you are content to brush it all off when the answer is staring you right in the face, be my guest. Ignorance truly is bliss, sometimes. At least until the damage is done.
edit on 29-4-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I hope you realize that these "artists" are incredibly controlled by the record industry and their public relation teams. Every single move they make is calculated to sell records. This is simple controversy and controversy sells iTunes downloads.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Who cares?

There are many good-hearted songs playing on the radio nowadays as well.

song #61 on Billboard's top 100: "Like Jesus Does"
#50: "Little Talks"
#41: "Don't you worry"
#29: "Sweet Nothing"
#21: "Power Trip"
#11: "Heart Attack"
#4: "When I was your man"
#2: "Can't hold us"

You got a couple artists singing bout the devil. Most are singing about love!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

herds in young adults and teenagers and...and...what? what happens?

Ugh I've answered this question ad nauseum on other threads, but I guess it comes with the territory.

What happens? It makes people more susceptible to when the one world government led by the antichrist takes over. It is making people more familiar with Satanism and more acceptable when the time comes for total world domination.

. teenagers who listen to rap songs don't all turn into thugs or hoodlums.

Never said they did. I grew up listening to rap music and there's still SOME that I listen to.

teenagers that go to the movies and watch horror films don't turn into serial killers.

Again, never said they did. Are you done with your strawman arguments?

teenagers and young adults KNOW this is marketing by the artists to get attention in a crowded field.

How do you know that?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So? Satanists can't give charity? If anyone needs to "go somewhere," it's you. Your implication that Satanists can't give charity and those who give charity can't be Satanists is completely false and nonsensical.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

why would a practicing Satanist help sick people, and children with diseases, and homeless people, and people with AIDS, or try and stop slavery and human trafficking, or disaster relief, poverty programs, etc..

Simple. To take the focus off of their immorality and wickedness. It's all designed to pull the wool over your eyes. Looks to me like they are successful

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

I don't listen to all worship and praise music nor am I a new "Christian."

Also, just because you, and others, say it doesn't mean she actually sold her soul that doesn't mean that she actually didn't. There is tons of evidence out there. Unfortunately those of you who don't want to believe it won't believe it.

I just pass on the info and let people make of it what they will.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greentaylor

She is not saying she was born into sin? This is impossible in Abrahamic faith. Just try going into a Muslim Mosque and saying this, they will all laugh at you.

Actually Muslims don't believe in the concept of original sin.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

yes, but that isn't what this video and her comments/imagery are showing- she is not saying she was born into sin, rather she is choosing the devil as an adult with free will

I think the video shows her playing a character just like any actor in any film. Music is just entertainment and its rather immature to take lyrics literally. Singers sing about a variety of subjects..being evil just implying nughty is one of them.

Most lyrics are just metaphors. In the film Batman when joker asks "have you ever danced with the devil?" hes not actually asking batman if he has physically had a dance with Satan

Jim Morrison didnt actually ride a snake

..its just a metaphor.

edit on 29-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Kind of like politicians, what the musicians are saying is not what they really mean. This community rails against governments, religions, secret societies, yet your favorite musician is certainly pure. Never, ever, ever let anybody say these things about them.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

And who is doing the controlling at the record label? The Powers That Be! That's how these messages and images are being spread. It's being promoted by the men behind the curtains and they are all Satanist Illuminati.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I don't know if some of these "artists" really believe in the occult or if they are just trying to be "hip" or "edgy" but sometimes when I see people making millions of dollars selling utter crap, I wonder if indeed they have made some sort of nefarious pact. IMHO, Nicholas Sparks is proof god does not exist/the devil does. How else can a guy make hundreds of millions of dollars selling the same book over and over again?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

why would a practicing Satanist help sick people, and children with diseases, and homeless people, and people with AIDS, or try and stop slavery and human trafficking, or disaster relief, poverty programs, etc..

Simple. To take the focus off of their immorality and wickedness. It's all designed to pull the wool over your eyes. Looks to me like they are successful

to take the focus off of their immorality and wickedness?? where is it?....in hand signs, drawn up symbols, in spooky words? they donate a portion of the money they receive from people, to help the lives of others, and you call this a diversion??? isn't that what Christian people and institutions are suppose to be doing?....you sound like the catholic church back during the dark ages, who condemned hundreds of thousands of innocent people to death, to satisfy their own psychotic and power-mongering religious beliefs.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Really?

Because it seems to me that every person who has a differing point of view than yours is met with criticism and rife with pretentious religious bible thumping.

There is no proof of god; there is no proof of the devil.

You seem to be trying REALLY hard to make your case for an entertainer ACTUALLY selling their soul, to an entity that is not proven to exist.

Prove that either actually has some physical manifestation with all the bells and whistles, and a signed contract by Kei$a, and I will concede to your claim. Lacking that, this is nothing more than an exercise in futility.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Miracula

I don't listen to all worship and praise music nor am I a new "Christian."

Also, just because you, and others, say it doesn't mean she actually sold her soul that doesn't mean that she actually didn't. There is tons of evidence out there. Unfortunately those of you who don't want to believe it won't believe it.

This reminds me of the Islamic people holding the sign for Lady Gaga telling her to "Burn in hell Lady Gaga"

or the Amish referring to everything modern as the evil ways of the "English"

Evil is a point of view outside of the Biblical requirements to obey the law. Music is not illegal.

It is not illegal to for a good person involved in hard rock, rap, or other styles to create a STAGE PERSONA.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

to take the focus off of their immorality and wickedness?? where is it?....in hand signs, drawn up symbols, in spooky words? they donate a portion of the money they receive from people, to help the lives of others, and you call this a diversion???

No id call it good for there taxes.

Anyway has anyone noticed America's increasing use of the all seeing eye? I mean i know are country is pretty popular for stealing ideas,but we sure to seem to be going overboard with the use of that symbol.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
it seems to be a trend, all these new artist are pushing this devil worshiping image every chance they get.
Now, i'm not religious, i don't think they are channeling who knows what energy, but i do believe in the negative aspects of certain behaviors, promoting the idea that it's ok or fun or sexy to go to "the dark side" of things.
These people should understand they are role models, teens listen to her music, she should have the intelligence to understand that what she sells, kids could easily buy.
That being said, the song is horrible and let's hope the world is exposed to it only via this leak and not as an actual single.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Kesha said she had sex with a ghost that inspired her to write the song supernatural.

www.digitalspy.com...

The only type of spirit being that i know that sleeps with humans is a incubus demon.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
Here are some from little miss rihanna,

Im interested in hearing others thoughts also on how the christians view meditation, astral projection , and everything listed on the video as simply demonic. Do a lot of christians believe this? Everyone's thoughts are welcomed .

the womans voice that is quoting scripture in that video, its speed and tone, is awful,... feels like a brainwash attempt....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
That's funny, I thought it was'nt cool to sing about Satan anymore. Every song I hear on the radio nowadays is about dumb young peoples problems.

I thought the whole satanism thing died out with Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper and such.

I don't get why people want to blame the evil things in this world on an imaginary evil angel that steals souls instead of the duality of their own human nature.

Personally, I like my Satanic music with lots of heavy guitars and drums and screaming, (Cradle of Filth, Acid Bath, etc.) but I guess that's just me.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What does it matter if some of them may be worshiping The Devil or not. If you have strong faith in your religion then it wouldn't matter. By the way, this is nothing new, most have already heard of these rumors about music artists being devil worshipers.

I wonder why do people think Lady Gaga believe in The Devil? She says she's a Christian and she prays and used to go to church in one of her interviews...

Now let me get back to listening to Lady Gaga's song "Judas".

"I'm just a holy fool, oh baby it's so cruel, but I'm still in love with Judas baby",

"I wanna love you, but something's pulling me away from you, Jesus is my virtue, and Judas is the demon I cling to..."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join