It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IF an Alien Species Were Discovered 5 Lightyears Away?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

I say we keep the old space faring traditions of trolling alive. We abduct them randomly at night, mutilate their livestock, and appear occasionally in their skies with our ships looking like blurry hubcaps. We can also leave "implants" inside of them of which they will think are advanced alien tracking devices, but are in fact just crusty boogers.

Also crop circles never hurt anyone.

Your sarcasm is appreciated, wingsfan!! I had a good laugh and we would certainly leave a 'friendly' impression if we went about like that!

But it works in both ways: either all the alien aduction stuff is completely silly (from our point of view) or it might really be their observation agenda while maintaining a minimum rate of interaction & intervention.

As someone posted earlier: what would we do? Maybe take a few, study them? A good question would perhaps be: if we were there, how could we possibly 'study' these Adeenians without getting too close (provided that we wanted to keep the distance)?

Hmmmm ...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think your story is true only WE are Adeena.

We are being observered and that IMO that is not even in question with the evidence we see around us and all the testimonial. I can only hope that some ET intervenes here before we destroy the entire planet. At the rate we are going it won't be long before some dictator decides to drop the "bomb".

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wemadetheworld

The same to me. This topic is always my cup of tea.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Think your an alien species that has discovered this world. What does an alien species think of us humans?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Very interesting scenario! I would suggest that no contact is made due to potential intellectual contamination. I don't think that replicating the mud slinging going on in our society regarding "ancient astronauts yes or no?" would be helpful to any other society. They would be too young a civillisation, anyway. We may then become responsible for a mass outbreak of witch trials. Do we want that responsibility?

Good topic though, lets all discuss a lot more.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
As I'm reading these responses all I'm thinking about is how maybe this could be what an advanced alien species is doing with us right now...observing...and deciding when to initiate contact. Pretty cool stuff.

Yeah. And on special occasions, they swoop down and take some cattle.

Special occasions call for a good steak, as we all (I'm sure) know well.

Lastly, don't nuke 'em until we take all their women.

Harte

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
As I see it, the purpose of developing deep space travel capability is to sustain the human race into perpetuity. That means settling other worlds. If our first voyage into deep space is another planet 5 light years away that we know is inhabited, it only makes sense to contact them. You wouldn't contact the leaders, only a few select people that ultimately could help us to establish a base on this world. It would be nice if we could coexist with the existing inhabitants as we expand throughout the galaxy. Perhaps they will join us as they gradually became more aware of us. Sorry, but sustaining humans should be or goal, rather than some idealistic notion of a prime directive....

Even with as many planets as are being discovered, I am thinking that identifying habitable planets that are relatively close, 15 light years or less is going to be rather rare. Of the 56 known stars that meet that criteria, only a handful are known to have planets and only Gliese 876 is thought to have a planet in the habitable zone. So, we are going to need to probably inhabit every possible planet that can be on our trek outwards. There will be casualties along the way. That doesn't mean however that we should not try to uplift everyone that we encounter along the way.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I say no formal contact, but allow for studying them and even bases in uninhabited areas of the planet. I believe the Greys are practicing this exact same policy with us now. The reason behind this is that if they aren't a one world government, whatever nation gets the benefit of contact is going to have a huge advantage over the other nations, both technologically and diplomatically. This is the sort of imbalance that can cause a world war due to the shift in the balance of power. It's impossible for a vastly superior power to maintain equal relations with every nation on the planet, thus in order to prevent a war the only course of action is to not have formal contact with any of them until they're united as one nation.

That's my thoughts on it, mixed with what I think is the push behind a one world government here on earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join