Could this have been a covert plan by the Russian government to discredit the American intelligence agencies?
Let me start by stating clearly that I believe the two main suspects are in fact the perpetrators of this bombing. I also believe it was as real as
possible, and there are no overt deceptions by anyone injured by their actions. The innocent people currently recovering from their injuries are
truthful in their claims and should not be part of this discussion, at all.
However, there is this odd list of issues I cannot seem to shake regarding the events leading up to that day. Keep in mind, this is only a theory of
mine, after following this story since day one, and is is evolving. I have been collecting the information from MSM (because there is no other source
of this material, and not 100% trusting these sources) regarding the events preceding the event. It has come to light recently, with more data being
revealed as the days go forward, what seems to be shaping into an odd list of intelligence missteps. Here are the following data points I have to
date, following the bombing:
- It is revealed that a "foreign government" contacted the United States FBI with concerns on Tamerlan Tsarnaev (a suspect in the bombings) and his
ties to radical Islamism.
- The FBI performed a routine investigation of Tamerlan, finding nothing,
- The FBI makes an additional request of this "foreign government" for more information on Tamerlan.
- The "foreign government" fails to respond to the FBI requests for additional information.
- The FBI closes the case with no findings.
- It is revealed that the suspects mother (Zubeidat Tsarnaeva) is a fugitive from American justice, and cannot return (due to and outstanding warrant
for shoplifting over $1,600.00 in merchandise from Lord & Taylor).
- It is revealed that at the request of the CIA, the mother's name is entered into a classified intelligence database known by the acronym TIDE.
- It is revealed that "the foreign government" is actually Russia.
- It is revealed that Russia contacted the United States FBI with concerns not only on on Tamerlan Tsarnaev (a suspect in the bombings) and his ties
to radical Islamism, but his mother (Zubeidat Tsarnaeva) is also linked to this radicalization, and suspected of aiding in her son's extremism as
- It is revealed that Russia has wiretap recordings of conversations between Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his mother with a portion of the discussion around
"Jihad", or radical Islamic ideals.
- It is revealed that Zubeidat Tsarnaeva was recorded talking to someone in southern Russia who is under FBI investigation in an unrelated case.
Could the Russian government have purposely flagged Tamerlan to the United States intelligence services, providing only enough information to have it
on record they were informed of his ties to radical Islamic ideas, but not enough to hold him for conspiring to commit a terrorist act on U.S. soil?
The Russian government is well versed in United States legal statues, and knows how much intelligence it would take to prevent the bombing. Yet, only
after the fact was this remaining information forthcoming. Did the Russians withhold this information purposely? A Setup?
I ask the conspiracy experts here at ATS for their take and interpretation on this theory. Also, if there are other corroborating sources of reliable
information for (or against) these points I've laid out above, I welcome additional input toward (or away) from this theory.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Krakatoa because: Added new data point provided by CovertBlack
edit on 28-4-2013 by Krakatoa because:
Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors