It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we live in a police state.... not related to boston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yesterday i went on an errand run early in the morning. Within just a few miles i passed well over 15 police speed traps plus atleast 9 or 10 undercovers with minivans pulled over. Each one i passed had his hand on his side arm for a van full of moms and children, Or was handing out those nice little pink pappers. I got followed 2 times not for speeding but for having temporary 30 day tags (just bought a new truck). Once i got onto hull street there were even more undercover vehicles speed trapping on both sides of the road.

When did this become acceptable? That the police can lock down an entire highway and main artery just to farm the populace for money. Why is such man power needed for people speeding or what have you on mostly empty streets and highways. You can argue they are doing their jobs but i argue why is it only at the end of the month if there is no quota for tickets? They have bright shiny new cars with windows tinted far too dark that we would get tickets for. They will ride your ass to get you to speed up or rear end you because your "tail lights are out"

I fear cops more than I fear criminals. Atleast i can defend myself from a criminal but shtf if you do the same to a cop.

welcome to amerika home of the sheep. farmed for their meager earnings so the police can ride in style.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

I don't know where you are but here in Montreal it's the same thing.
I have some spare time so I decided to relax on the patio.
All I hear are sirens left right and center.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

Virginia united states. It is insaine that in the ghettos here you dont see the police but in the middle class areas they are white on rice.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Civil laws help people live together in peace.

The times I see more police in the highway , is the times I see people drive more carefully and less accident.

In fact , govt built the highways with the taxes , and is representative of people in keeping order in it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They aren't looking for speeders. They are looking for drugs and money.

Getting someone for speeding is just the consolation they settle for.

They are hoping you just made a withdraw of large amounts of cash that they can confiscate, or maybe you are in possession of the wrong kind of flowers, because I hear there are certain flowers that are illegal, I guess.

When they are successful it is considerably more expensive and devastating than a tail light, or a speeding ticket.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hell yeah and its just going to get worse

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As long as you aren't doing anything wrong, the cops don't seem to bother us here. Well, except if you aren't wearing a seat belt or create conflict. I like being a mouse

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And their new term, Shelter In Place, where they lock down a whole town for a day or 3 days, to look for one murderer! Imagine the profit losses.

This whole police state crapola is to make everyone so livid and mad, that they willingly hand over their rights so they don't go bankrupt and they can then employ DRONES THAT CAN MURDER WITHOUT TRIAL.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'm one state south of you. I agree, most of the time the fuzz will leave you alone.

But, the one time you do get pulled over, no matter what the reason is, they will try to escalate their probable cause, they will use the threat of impound, or say something like,

" If you don't have anything to hide, then let me search your car."

This is one of the county/state's tried and true methods of revenue generation.

Public safety is secondary to revenue.

Too many times people will allow the police to search their cars or persons without proper probable cause in order to diffuse the situation. Whenever a citizen of this country allows a gov't official to search them just because they want to, they have become part of the problem.

A badge, by no means, gives another citizen more rights than another, or super powers of any kind.

~Rev someone who has been there

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Actually removed my initial response as their is no point in trying to debate a rant..
edit on 28-4-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oasisjack
reply to post by Radekus

Virginia united states. It is insaine that in the ghettos here you dont see the police but in the middle class areas they are white on rice.

It's no mystery why. The middle class are more of a threat to TBTB. They don't care about the ghettos because people there are too busy fighting amongst themselves.

new topics

top topics

join