It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M.D. claims diabetes reversed "rather quickly" with these 3 cheap foods\supplements

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

I have the answer for you what state are you in

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Careful with grapefruit. As others have said it can interfere with other meds. It can also raise blood pressure.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InternalMedDoc

There are at least 2 herbs that can regrow the Beta Cells [1] Gymnema Sylvestre [2] Boswellia Serrata. The former has been widely researched into and results have documented the regrowth of the insulin-producing cells previously believed to be practically dead. Recent medical research in pluripotent stem cell has shown that it is now possible to introduce regrown beta cells into the desired sites - not just pancreas but also liver, small intestines and even the spleen where they can thrive.

It is easy to get the various formulations of gymnema extracts - I order mine at www.iherb.com. Please note that you will need to take gymnema for at least 6 months before you will see positive results. The results are less impressive with type 2 diabetes but this varies from person to person. I know of a type-2 lady who just drinks a formulated teabag drink (green tea + gymnema) which manages her blood glucose satisfactorily.

Actually the future in type 1 diabetes is far brighter than in type 2. For e.g Canadian researchers at the university of Calgary have successfully reversed type 1 diabetes in mice using a new nano-tech vaccine that appears to solely target the immune system cells responsible for the disease. This is still a mouse model but it is promising.

Other researchers also in Canada have discovered that it is NOT insulin but GLUCAGON, its antagonist, that appears to be a key factor, and tweaking this, has been found to be far better at solving the diabetic crisis. Looks like elsewhere many researchers have all this while been barking up the wrong tree!!

See extract below:

Type 1 diabetes could be converted to an asymptomatic, non-insulin-dependent disorder by eliminating the actions of a specific hormone, new findings by UT Southwestern Medical Center researchers suggest.

Dr. Roger Unger and Dr. Young Lee found in an animal study that blocking the hormone glucagon might eliminate the symptoms of type 1 diabetes. These findings in mice show that insulin becomes completely superfluous and its absence does not cause diabetes or any other abnormality when the actions of glucagon are suppressed.

Glucagon, a hormone (antagonist to insulin) also produced by the pancreas, prevents low blood sugar levels in healthy individuals. It causes high blood sugar in people with type 1 diabetes. "We've all been brought up to think insulin is the all-powerful hormone without which life is impossible, but that isn't the case," said Dr. Roger Unger, professor of internal medicine and senior author of the study appearing online and in the February issue of Diabetes. "

If diabetes is defined as restoration of glucose homeostasis to normal, then this treatment can perhaps be considered very close to a 'cure.'"

Insulin treatment has been the gold standard for type 1 diabetes (insulin-dependent diabetes) in humans since its discovery in 1922. But even optimal regulation of type 1 diabetes with insulin alone cannot restore normal glucose tolerance. These new findings demonstrate that the elimination of glucagon action restores glucose tolerance to normal.

Read it in full: www.utsouthwestern.edu...

The production of insulin is surely big vested biz worth billions of $$, so any new challenge to this lucrative biz is going to get squashed in no time. Same scenario with fossil fuel competitors, I guess.

Users of insulin - beware! It is not a magic silver bullet. Most users die within 10 years of using it and users typically die of complications just like type-2 fellas who use antidiabetic pharma drugs.

Thankfully, much pain & suffering from multiple daily injections will end when the insulin pill (yes, it's coming soon) hits the market; it originates from Britain, India, Taiwan. Also non-invasive, continuous glucose monitoring gadgets are debuting soon. These can even send glucose readings to one's cell phone!

If you are type-2, try this: Cut out the carbs from grain - the worst being wheat or wheat-based foods.

Evidence suggests that our bodies are not adapted to eating grains (whole grains are worse than polished ones). Many people are not aware that their intestinal walls become damaged through eating them. Grains like beans and nuts contain lectins, antinutrients which many generations ago were removed by soaking, germinating, fermenting. This still survives in some cultures - e.g Japanese miso, natto, sour dough bread. There is now a growing body of research showing that Type 2 begins in the guts!! Wanna know more? Browse the Weston Price Foundation for great articles.

British researchers have also discovered to their surprise that when one cuts out carbs 100 per cent, say 3x weekly, or every day for a month, one gets a reversal of the awful metabolic disorder.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Instead of eating grapefruit or drinking the juice which can hard on your teeth enamel, plus all the drag of having to buy the fruit and cut it up, etc, why not just use the (food grade) grapefruit essential oil - 2 drops on your tongue or under it before each meal. I also heard that the (food grade) essential oils of coriander, clove, eucalyptus, lavender, also works. These oils can also be applied to or massaged into the soles of your feet before bedtime or around the ankles, as is done in Egypt and Middle-eastern countries.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Too bad, cinnamon doesn't seem to work for me... anyway, one has to watch out for the liver toxin it contains called coumarin, which by the way, will only dissolve out when c'mon comes into contact with oil. While short term use is fine, long term use should be done with some caution. Other spices also work - clove, coriander, dill, star anise, cumin, etc. There has been some talk about the disparity in effects between two different types of cinnamon - true cinnamon (Sri Lankan variety called Cinnamomum Verum or C. Zeylanicum- rather expensive) and the Text Blue

edit on 2-5-2013 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Or by adding Aspartame to everything to force insulin release from the body eh?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Actually, aspartame doesn't increase insulin levels at all when compared to table sugar (sucrose). It's not similar enough to sugar to manipulate the receptors that cause insulin release. Some earlier studies suggested aspartame had a positive insulin-raising effect, but later, larger studies (which, in my opinion, have a better case-control design) couldn't repeat this effect.

Granted, there are sweeteners that are better for you than aspartame, so don't think I'm suggesting everyone go out and buy a bucket load of the stuff. I'm partial to using honey or agave nectar to replace sugar in the little bit of cooking I do.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Is it wise to raise the insulin level in the case of those T2D who already insulin-resistant? Since the resistance is caused in the first place by excessive insulin in the body, raising insulin level will surely aggravate the whole situation and hasten the decline of the Beta cells.

As research on glucagon shows, "insulin becomes completely SUPERFLUOUS (my emphasis) and its absence does not cause diabetes or any other abnormality when the actions of glucagon are suppressed."

"We've all been brought up to think insulin is the all-powerful hormone without which life is impossible, but that isn't the case," said Dr. Roger Unger, professor of internal medicine and senior author of the study appearing online and in the February issue of Diabetes. "

Yes, the discovery is still at the level of mouse model but it is powerful stuff and will probably lead the way forward to research using human models, and eventually, bring about a reevaluation of the (exaggerated) role of insulin.

edit on Maypm13 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

edit on Maypm13 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

The reason for this is that brewer's yeast contains the active agent chromium, which is the same agent found in cinnamon. It's best to get Ceylon cinnamon albeit more expensive than the Cassia cinnamon as the former contains less coumarin (toxic to the liver).

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
an old chum of mine is managing diabetes without insulin using cayenne, cinnamon and also vinegar... i dont know the details but it was the result of much net based research and subsequent experimentation. he has maintained his regime for over a year and obviously has a careful diet... but no insulin and no subsequent illness and his doctor is quite amazed.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Cayenne does tons of things . Taking it if you have a sensitive stomach is the problem .
Making chai tea with cayenne and cinnamon does the trick .
I would be careful with grapefruit . It's true ,some citrus have adverse affects on many meds .
I also suggest looking into turmeric .

I brush my teeth with coconut oil ,and my cats get it in their food. Awesome stuff .

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
Told my doctor that cinnamon tea lowers blood sugar and he didn't even believe me, He googled it on his droid phone. LOL

It also lowers blood pressure so if you're like me and you love cinnamon but have shamefully low blood pressure and simply despise fainting in public, you may want to combine it with a healthy dose of salt to edge that BP back up.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Look up Rick Simpson Phoenix tears your smart enough you'll figure it out as far fetched as it seems I promise it's not a waste of time and its something that really works I've been type 1 for 16 years with no hope of ever figuring out what to do I've been to the doctor and I knew more Than him all he knew how to do was prescribe me medicine it's a joke good luck let me know if you need anything

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think it's funny that an Md is on ATS first off, second the whole medical industry is full of cow manure you guys only know how to cover symptoms I'm surprised the SAP (Stupid American Public) has not realized that its a business most sickness can be cured naturally why do you think people who find cures either disappear or become rich and disappear with the amount of money put into research we should be a little bit healthier but if you look at the statistics were only getting sicker more cancer, diabetes , Down syndrome do some research it's funny I didn't have to get a MD degree to figure this stuff out lol!!! There was a previous post yea I would rather take cough syrup ill probably get better results than going to a doctor

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join