It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M.D. claims diabetes reversed "rather quickly" with these 3 cheap foods\supplements

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The thing is with the cost of dialysis, hypoglycemic seizures (ER TRIPS), retinopathy surgeries, test strips, insulin, the cost of foods that are lower in sugars and saturated fats, AND ALL THE OTHER COSTS to the people and the FED-This country would be RICH if the government would throw some money into curing illnesses around the world. Just imagine, make the USA a curing center for the world. Throw 600 billion a year into cure research instead of wars and all the other expenses the fed FED has!

I will say this. I wanted to be an USAF pilot when I was a child. I wanted to fly the fighter jets. My illness has limited me from entering the military. If they were to cure diabetes, just think of how many more soldiers they would've had!
I hope that someone that has some power reads this, because I would love to go into the military and have the rush of flying a jet at mach 1 or greater! My life hasn't amounted to what I had hoped it would be, and diabetes is to blame for that.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee
Replacing insulin isn't a "cure"

That's why I placed "cure" in quotation marks, to point out that it isn't really a "cure", but rather the best thing we currently have, and it allows people to live relatively normal lives.

Replacing the beta cells of the pancreas without the body attacking them or being able to keep them isolated from the rogue T-Cells that attack the beta cells is the only true cure to type 1 diabetes.

Sadly, this is impossible with all currently existing technology.

The "insulin" that they make from recombining the dna (GMO) of e-coli bacteria is not the same thing as the pro-insulin that the body makes which has C-Peptide. That's what leads to conditions such as hypoglycemia unawareness which affects approximately 17% of all type 1 diabetics specifically. Also, the lack of C-Peptide can over the years reduce peripheral circulation to the extremities (I have read more than 1 medical study for both topics mentioned above).

Recombinant DNA technology isn't the same thing as GMO, actually. Several of the insulins now used in medical practice are human-based, with only minor changes to allow them to be used in bioreactors, which use yeast, not E. coli.

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that they use meta-cresol to preserve the insulin, which is a highly carcinogenic chemical and is dangerous. A lot of doctors would say, "There's only 30mg to the whole bottle, and a small amount of something toxic is ok." I disagree.

Certainly, m-cresol has risks. But the alternative to this is having insulin with an incredibly short shelf-life, and which is VERY prone to bacterial and fungal contamination. If I were diabetic and had to choose between a miniscule chance of an injection site reaction or major side effect from m-cresol versus the very real chance of developing an abscess or systemic infection from my insulin injections, I would probably take the m-cresol.

They've been saying since 1922 that this will be cured "in the next 5 years or so." Yeah right. I am not drinking any of the Kool-Aid.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say type 1 diabetes will be cured in the next 5, 10, or even 15 years. At least, not anyone with medical or biological training. I can't really account for what people outside the field say, since they don't have any real knowledge of the issue.

All I can say is no wonder it burns like heck when injecting the insulin subcutaneously!

Honestly, that's probably the phenol, not the m-cresol.

The pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly made the first insulin analogue (synthetic). While I am grateful that they make this fake insulin, it is a disease that should've been cured by now.

And how would you suggest we cure it? The pancreas isn't really a solid-tissue organ like the liver or the heart. It's a fairly delicate collection of glandular islets, all of which are incredibly vascular, Transplants have been attempted and failed, owing to the nature of the organ.

If you want to see the best shot at a cure that might be in the future, see the link in my signature. I just hope that Dr. Shapiro and his team will be allowed to get it to the mainstream.

If they produce results, they will be "mainstream". If they don't produce results, they'll just be another in a long line of quacks. There's really only two types of medicine: medicine that works and the rest. I don't care who "created" a therapy, as long as there is data to support it's efficacy and safety.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InternalMedDoc

Actually, they have tested the procedure on chimps with alloxin-induced diabetes, and the chimps recovered in 100% of the cases. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, but look up Dr. James Shapiro. He is the first doctor who was able to get implanted cells functioning in a human host with immunosuppresive drugs. The advantage of the new procedure is that the insulin producing cells are protected by sertoli cells that are the same cells that protect sperm from being killed by the immune system.

I must say InternalMedDoc, Dr. James Shapiro is in no way whatsoever a "quack." Have you ever heard of the Edmonton Protocol? Please look it up before you call him or his team quacks. They are the only ones I know of in the whole world that have cured diabetes of the autoimmune type.

I don't believe internal medicine doctors would want the illnesses to be cured. Look at how much money it makes! I'm sure that endocrinologists would be of some service if this were cured. There are plenty of other endocrine disorders to "treat" and not "cure".

The last thing I have to say is perhaps it is the phenols in the insulin that causes the burning while injecting. I suppose that you would say that a small amount of a harmful substance like M-Cresol is just fine. I sure hope you never get diabetes, and have to learn how tough it is. These analogue insulins have side effects that aren't well documented, I can tell you from experience of 30 years of injections. It baffles me that we can drill oil from tens of thousands of feet under the water, we can fly into space, we can build things such as geosynchronous satellites, but WE STILL CANNOT CURE DIABETES.... You have to be kidding me

edit on 4/28/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Please note that I never, at any point,. called Shapiro a quack. I said that, should his therapy fail after all the fanfare, he would look like one.

The Edmonton Protocol has some promising early findings. What we don't know, though, is what the 10-year and 20-year relapse rates are, what optimal length of immunosuppressives is, and so on. There are lots of kinks to work out, but it's still promising, sure.

I don't believe internal medicine doctors would want the illnesses to be cured. Look at how much money it makes! I'm sure that endocrinologists would be of some service if this were cured. There are plenty of other endocrine disorders to "treat" and not "cure".

Of course we want cures. Most hospitalists (who are almost universally internal medicine trained) are salaried. I get paid the same if I see fifty patients or five patients in a day. If I could get my pay with a fraction of the work I do now, you better believe I would take it. So, cure away!

I suppose that you would say that a small amount of a harmful substance like M-Cresol is just fine.

Please don't put words in my mouth, that's very disingenuous and only weakens your arguments. I would nevver say it is "just fine". I WOULD say, though, that the benefits of including m-cresol in insulin vials outweighs the risk of not including it, or the risk of side effects.

It baffles me that we can drill oil from tens of thousands of feet under the water, we can fly into space, we can build things such as geosynchronous satellites, but WE STILL CANNOT CURE DIABETES

We also can't teleport, travel through time, clone humans, alter fetal genes to fix congenital abnormalities, stop degenerative neurologic conditions, melt away fat, or milions of other things.

Advancement in one area does not immediately mean advancement in unrelated areas.

edit on 28-4-2013 by InternalMedDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Just make sure that the fruits and veggies are non GMO or it doesn't work.

Lol, I'm all for non-GMO food and a sustainable agriculture but lets not engage in the same tactics as the enemy...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I gave you a star for that post.Thank you for your reply, and please accept my apology for that rude comment putting words into your mouth. I apologize, and it makes me feel much better that most doctors want the diseases cured. I'm sure your work load is very heavy, and ALL doctors do a great service to mankind in helping people get access to what is currently available. Thank you for the work that you do and have done.

I hope that this research proves to be a success. Many have teased the sick with the idea of a cure for quite a few years now, without anything being proven to work and last without other negative side-effects. I know there just has to be a way, and I hope it happens soon.

Here's to being thankful that I'm not stuck with something worse than diabetes, because there are worse things than that. Diabetes is still a tough one. I hope they find the cure soon.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee
please accept my apology for that rude comment putting words into your mouth

Absolutely not a problem. It's a heated topic, and you have a personal stake in it. I can totally understand emotions running a bit high, I know mine would if a topic that hits close to home came up.

it makes me feel much better that most doctors want the diseases cured

I think most (or at least a lot) of them do, definitely. Not to say there aren't plenty of bad apples, just like any field. Hopefully, most of those types are run out of the larger academic hospitals where I tend to find myself.

I hope that this research proves to be a success. I hope they find the cure soon.

Me, too. I would love to be able to tell someone they're no longer diabetic. I've gotten to do it a few times with type 2s, but type 1 is a whole other beast.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Does anyone have any suggestions for using cinnamon? I know it comes in sprinkle-on and in sticks. I use it sometimes on portions of my oatmeal (not on the whole thing, as I don't particulary like its taste). I'm not a coffee or tea drinker either. A relative enjoys a form called Saigon Cinnamon, so are there some forms of cinnamon which are better, or types of foods where it taste good when sprinkled on. Thanks, and thanks to the OP for this very good thread (the grapefruit though, nah, that's one I never liked the taste of).

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I have tried cinnamon and lots of other herbs that are supposed to help diabetes. In my personal experience, the cinnamon doesn't help me very much. There are some companies that make supplements that contain cinnamon and other supplements in a capsule form. Just look them up, there's lots of different brands, and some are better than others. I would say that the bitter melon capsules can help stabilize blood sugars a little bit, and cinnamon may work for some diabetics. The most important thing is to get some amount of exercise every day. Even if it's just a walk around the block, anything helps. I notice if I don't exercise for more than 2 days that my blood sugars become very unpredictable.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternalMedDoc

Originally posted by Ghost375

Many medical databases say clearly that it lowers blood sugar. So yes, it's been acknowledged by the medical community.....

Can you provide sources for these databases? The main one used in medical training programs (UpToDate) says, specifically:

As an example, a meta-analysis of 10 clinical trials of cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia, mean dose 2 g daily for 4 to 16 weeks) in patients with diabetes (predominantly type 2) did not show a significant beneficial effect of cinnamon on A1C, postprandial glucose, or serum insulin levels [71].

I would like you to the page, but it requires a login. Though, if you have a login for UpToDate (lots of public libraries have them, if you aren't at a university or hospital that has one), so if you DO have one, I would be more than happy to provide the link!

I guess maybe you don't think twice about the words from your quote: "...significant beneficial effect..."?
Studies of common, natural treatments should always be suspect to the point of knowing who did the study, and what was their reason for the study.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A member sent me a very long U2U about the dangers of some kinds of cinnamon (including Saigon cinnamon) and the benefits of another kind. I asked him/her to post that data here, and I hope they do. I don't want to copy it off myself because it was a private message, but it is long, lots of links, and would be of value for this thread, so I hope they post it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Thank you for the link to that informative article about reality.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
Yes, cinnamon works wonders for several ailments. You would be surprised what coconut oil and raw coconut will do for you as well. Eating a common fruit before going to bed solves the acid reflux problem but big pharma will never tell you about it and don't expect your doctor to either. Just make sure that the fruits and veggies are non GMO or it doesn't work.

Coconut Oil can reverse Alzheimer(which is basically an advanced stage 3 diabetes) this is because on Alzheimer happens when brain cells refuse to pretty much eat sugars and starve themselves to death, however coconut oil has a special sugar that brain cells are always willing to eat.
Also can you tell me which fruit solves this acid reflux problem? :l do you know anything that might cure or ail in immune bowel disease symptoms? (sadly my mother was one of those 70's kids getting forcefully vaccined and i must have gotten it from her (plus i was also vaccined as a kid) ._. so now i got health problems. yay govt

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If you haven't seen the documentary "Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days" I highly recommend all of you to check this film out, its amazing!

this is the official site for the movie -
www.rawfor30days.com...

looks like there are a few links to this doc on vimeo -

Part 1
vimeo.com...

Part 2
vimeo.com...

good luck and stay healthy!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Here is a slightly technical, article about supplements and diabetes:
suppliments
It appears to be well written and does quote, and provide references, to source publications.

The article does give a little detail about a meta analysis, possibly the same one referenced by InternalMedDoc, on cinnamon as well as many others. The conclusions are nearly the same as mentioned earlier.

Sound clinical trials, especially multi-location double-blind studies, for herbal treatments are fairly rare due to the expense of running those trials. Yet these are the only trials you can trust to any degree in medicine IMO. Any trials where the subject can figure out (even by opening a capsule) whether they are in the treatment group or the control group is immediately suspect. As is any trial where the patients were mistakenly pre-screened to eliminate patients with specific characteristics in order to "avoid bias." Pre-screening induces bias in otherwise good studies.

In regards to physicians and research facilities not desiring a cure or simpler control for diabetes I'd point out that identifying a natural substance that can be manufactured in a more purified or potent form would be a huge plus for anyone who managed to to discover a treatment based on a herbal remedy. There would be no reason at all to hide such a development. Herbal sources are often highly variable in concentration and many have at best subtle effects beyond the merely psychological -- for routine clinical use a uniformly potent and quality controlled dosage is required.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
cayenne supplements aren't for everyone, if using them it is important to self monitor your health, knowing of possible reactions.

From an article addressing this: People who are allergic to latex, bananas, kiwi, chestnuts, and avocado may also have an allergy to cayenne.

Source: www.umm.edu...
Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook

www.umm.edu...

I do not have a regular allergy to bananas, I only have bad effects when I eat potatoes and some other class 2 containing foods around the same time. I like foods out of the class 2 lineup better than bananas and avacados. It is a cross reaction of class one and class two chitinases. I'm guessing that Cayenne is in the class one but haven't found any research to substantiate this. I don't care for cayenne pepper much anyway.

I know an older gentleman who was supposed to start taking diabetic meds. He doesn't like shots or pills so someone told him to put a little Flax seed in his soup when he makes it. He is a very good cook and they make homemade soups a lot, he is very healthy and his mind works great at about 85. His sugar dropped back down to normal within two weeks. he adds a few flax seeds to his salads when he eats them occasionally but most is added to cooked dishes. In his case it corrected a problem. He was eating healthy to begin with, with the exception of a real lot of homemade bakery, being a retired baker all his life till he retired. I have to go see if he will teach me how to make his great cinnamon rolls
It would be worth the day to learn that alone.

I don't know how a little flax seed could do this in a cooked dish. Flax seed works on some people from what I read

I'm interested in whether a small amount of sodium acetate might help people with type two diabetes. It is hard to find research articles on this. It is easy to make this at home but I do not know for sure whether it has any negative effects in people. It's hard to test something like this hypothesis on myself cause if anything I have hypoglycemia most times. Here is an article that stems my interest, maybe one of the doctors here can comment on whether drinking a tiny amount of this may be beneficial. jn.nutrition.org...
edit on 29-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmm,.
how about cut out the high sugar content the HFCS corporations are pushing from your diet?
become a label reader. and research your eats and drinks,.

No one is going to follow that advice..its far to sensible

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

When eating grapefruit can mess you up because of the meds you are taking, it is time to re-evaluate the meds you are taking (in my opinion). At that point you may have to quit eating entirely since something natural may damage your health by interacting with your medications.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well eating a grapefruit a day works somewhat, it is good for liver conditions and creates and enzyme and helps to metabolize. However, though I was doing this daily, found out it is kind of caustic to your system, can really upset it, especially if you make the mistake of eating it early evening to help digest supper more. And anyway, in avoidance for the next while now. But it does work a bit until your stomach gets upset.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zbrain75

The issue of grapefruit interfering with a medication isn't about "something natural changing the medication". The problem is that certain substances found in grapefruit juice inhibit a metabolism protein called CYP3A4, the same protein that is responsible for metabolizing certain drugs. So, let's say you're taking 100mg of sertraline (Zoloft) daily. You don't read the medication label and your doctor absent-mindedly forgets to tell you about the grapefruit juice warning. You keep drinking your grapefruit juice every morning, right after taking your morning pill. Since CYP3A4 is inhibited, only PART of the Zoloft clears your system before your pill the following morning. The levelsof Zoloft in your blood start to climb, since you're taking a new dose on top of your old dose, until eventually you hit a level high enough to cause a major side effect.

No bueno.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join