It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M.D. claims diabetes reversed "rather quickly" with these 3 cheap foods\supplements

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I just heard an interview with a medical doctor on a local talk radio show. He's one of those rare docs who promotes nutrition over drugs. It was a very brief interview and he didn't have time to go into much detail.

He said an experiment with 60 diabetics showed amazing results.
He spouted off a long, long list of herbs, vitamins and foods that are known to be beneficial to diabetics, but these three were the best.

Grapefruit (raw grapefruit, grapefruit juice, and grapefruit supplements)
Cayenne (cayenne supplements)
Cinnamon (the raw spice and supplements)

He cautioned that grapefruit can increase absorption rates of some medications, so you have to be careful.

I'm sure there's a good deal of info online, so some research and due diligence is advised.

edit on 4/28/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
S&F for posting.

Good information!!!!

Brewers Yeast is also helpful in lowering BGL.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yes, cinnamon works wonders for several ailments. You would be surprised what coconut oil and raw coconut will do for you as well. Eating a common fruit before going to bed solves the acid reflux problem but big pharma will never tell you about it and don't expect your doctor to either. Just make sure that the fruits and veggies are non GMO or it doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hmm,.
how about cut out the high sugar content the HFCS corporations are pushing from your diet?
become a label reader. and research your eats and drinks,.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Told my doctor that cinnamon tea lowers blood sugar and he didn't even believe me, He googled it on his droid phone. LOL

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My ol' man was diagnoised with diabetes, and when we went to the doctor, I asked him about natural supplements to take, and he told us cinnamon. I just told him about cayenne and grapefruit. He said he was going to go get both. I know that grapefruit can affect other medications. So, I told him to not get that. But, thank you for the info.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am assuming this is for Type 2 diabetes. I am sure Type 1's would benefit, but no reversal is possible for us. Everything in moderation is the key too.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is a great thread. Flagged.

Mother Nature has cures and remedies for everything but now a days people are so hung up on pharmaceuticals they either forget about natures cures or they just don't believe they work.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Rather than mixing-and-matching supplements, why not just lose weight (assuming you are overweight, as the bulk of type 2 diabetics are)?

Weight loss is the single most effective treatment for type 2 diabetes, as well as some of the complications.

Also, here is a good article reviewing what data is currently out there on cinnamon and diabetes, as well as some general history/information on diabetes, with links to all their sources.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If anyone knows of a way to get rid of Type 1 diabetes, please share. I eat Costus Igneus leaves to lower blood sugar, and I just started those recently. They seem to have stabilized my blood sugars, but I'm still looking for the cure. One of the main reasons I joined ATS, since I don't think Big-Pharma wants a cure.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Um, cinnamon has been acknowledged for a while in the medical community to lower blood sugar.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmm,.
how about cut out the high sugar content the HFCS corporations are pushing from your diet?
become a label reader. and research your eats and drinks,.

I agree. My doc told me that I was the "Worst case of Type 2 diabetes he'd ever seen" when I was first diagnosed.

I went cold turkey on sugar, salt, high fat, and bad cholesterol, and within 6 months was off all medication and testing.

It's been 3 years now. I still go for my quarterly A1C but I have absolutely no idea where my glucometer is.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I just wish type 1 was that easy to get rid of. I've tried the almost all the recommendations for diet, exercise, and all the other things. It is still the toughest disease that I know of to treat and monitor (type1). Please ATS, find a cure.... Oh wait, we don't have doctors, universities, billions of dollars, and laboratories! At a cost to citizens in the USA of $245 billion a year (including the government!!!) you would think curing both types of diabetes should be a high priority.

I don't think the American Diabetes Association really wants a cure, because if they did, they wouldn't exist! With that said, there is one way the American Diabetes Association could exist with a cure.... They could help newly diagnosed people get cured, and help the ~400 million people in the world that do have diabetes get cured. Or at least the type 1's....

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Delta 9 tetra hydra cannibinol is said to cure diabetes. Further research will explain why. I'd elaborate but T&C prohibits me from doing so.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

It hasn't, actually. Not in the fields of internal medicine or endocrinology, at least.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Grapefruit + Cough Syrup = Psychedelic

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

The only way to "cure" type 1 diabetes is by replacing insulin. Type 1 diabetics literally lack the cells that produce insulin, so other than replacing those cells (there are some REALLY interesting technologies coming down the line for this, some from NASA) or replacing the enzyme (insulin), there's nothing you can do.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternalMedDoc
reply to post by Ghost375

It hasn't, actually. Not in the fields of internal medicine or endocrinology, at least.

Many medical databases say clearly that it lowers blood sugar. So yes, it's been acknowledged by the medical community.....

the question is, is it more effective than the medicines. The fact is, it's not a CURE. It just lowers blood sugar levels. The fact remains the medicines lower the blood sugar more.

But let's just take the word of someone on the internet who is making a grandiose claim while only doing one study with just 80 people....with no link.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternalMedDoc
reply to post by InFriNiTee

The only way to "cure" type 1 diabetes is by replacing insulin. Type 1 diabetics literally lack the cells that produce insulin, so other than replacing those cells (there are some REALLY interesting technologies coming down the line for this, some from NASA) or replacing the enzyme (insulin), there's nothing you can do.

Replacing insulin isn't a "cure". Replacing insulin only treats the symptoms of the disease. Replacing the beta cells of the pancreas without the body attacking them or being able to keep them isolated from the rogue T-Cells that attack the beta cells is the only true cure to type 1 diabetes.

The "insulin" that they make from recombining the dna (GMO) of e-coli bacteria is not the same thing as the pro-insulin that the body makes which has C-Peptide. That's what leads to conditions such as hypoglycemia unawareness which affects approximately 17% of all type 1 diabetics specifically. Also, the lack of C-Peptide can over the years reduce peripheral circulation to the extremities (I have read more than 1 medical study for both topics mentioned above).

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that they use meta-cresol to preserve the insulin, which is a highly carcinogenic chemical and is dangerous. A lot of doctors would say, "There's only 30mg to the whole bottle, and a small amount of something toxic is ok." I disagree. They've been saying since 1922 that this will be cured "in the next 5 years or so." Yeah right. I am not drinking any of the Kool-Aid.

See the MSDS data sheets for Meta-Cresol at this link:

MSDS for Meta-Cresol

Quoted from the MSDS:

Potential Acute Health Effects: Very hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. Hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, permeator), of eye contact (corrosive). Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (sensitizer). Liquid or spray mist may produce tissue damage particularly on mucous membranes of eyes, mouth and respiratory tract. Skin contact may produce burns. Inhalation of the spray mist may produce severe irritation of respiratory tract, characterized by coughing, choking, or shortness of breath. Severe over-exposure can result in death. Inflammation of the eye is characterized by redness, watering, and itching. Skin inflammation is characterized by itching, scaling, reddening, or, occasionally, blistering.

All I can say is no wonder it burns like heck when injecting the insulin subcutaneously! It only makes me wonder what being exposed to small amounts over years and years will do. Possibly it could contribute to the formation of cancers inside the body. No thank-you big-pharma.

The pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly made the first insulin analogue (synthetic). While I am grateful that they make this fake insulin, it is a disease that should've been cured by now.

If you want to see the best shot at a cure that might be in the future, see the link in my signature. I just hope that Dr. Shapiro and his team will be allowed to get it to the mainstream.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Many medical databases say clearly that it lowers blood sugar. So yes, it's been acknowledged by the medical community.....

Can you provide sources for these databases? The main one used in medical training programs (UpToDate) says, specifically:

As an example, a meta-analysis of 10 clinical trials of cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia, mean dose 2 g daily for 4 to 16 weeks) in patients with diabetes (predominantly type 2) did not show a significant beneficial effect of cinnamon on A1C, postprandial glucose, or serum insulin levels [71].

I would like you to the page, but it requires a login. Though, if you have a login for UpToDate (lots of public libraries have them, if you aren't at a university or hospital that has one), so if you DO have one, I would be more than happy to provide the link!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join