It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1967 Horror Film Storyline Predates Sitchin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I found myself watching this movie on tv the other night mainly because it was so bad. But after a while I realized I had heard this story before. In the film they find the remains of insect aliens who are responsible for genetically intervening with early Earth man 5 million years ago. Does anyone know anything about the origin of the film and the producers?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

It's called "Quatermass And The Pit". Also known as "Five Million Years To Earth".

en.wikipedia.org...(film)
www.imdb.com...

I really liked it.

edit on 4/28/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
In the UK the film was called quatermass and the pit..
Think there was about 3 films in the series and a tv series from the late 50s early 60s and then again in the 70s.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
That movie was a good 30 years head of its time. Heck, there are numerous references to subjects that are just now being discussed seriously by researchers. If you can get past the cheap special effects, the script is brilliant.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Great shows those Quatermass ones.
That one from the 70s was nuts. All about harvesting humans. Really freaked me out as a kid.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The 1967 movie was itself a remake of a 1959 TV serial with the same title, so the concepts pre-date Sitchin by at least twenty years. And perhaps even earlier than that. The book Cult of the Alien Gods details the influences the writings of HP Lovecraft had on the genesis of ancient astronaut beliefs, as does this 2007 lecture at Treadwell's in London...

www.yog-sothoth.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
lol i haven't seen that since i was a child.

Science fiction storys are nothing new the film John Carter (of mars) is from a book 100 years old.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Ahh Quatermass, brings back memories

Scared the livin daylights out of me when i was a kid

One of the few times my old feller aloud me to stay up late to watch it on tv.

edit on 28-4-2013 by marvinthemartian because: oops dyslexic

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
secretsun.blogspot.com...

here is a blog that you may find intresting, he digs these types of movies and has several threads that relate to quartermassand the pit.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
lol i haven't seen that since i was a child.

Science fiction storys are nothing new the film John Carter (of mars) is from a book 100 years old.

difference is I don't read Sitchin as fiction

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What's this? A Hammer film with cheap special effects that I missed? Got to find a copy now.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I loved the quatermass movies. Favorite is "The quatermass Experiment". The movie is about aliens colonizing and terraforming the earth.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Summoning the Ancients with Sandra Dee.
Didn't work.

No one knows more than we do now.
That goes for story lines.

new topics

top topics

join