It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush re-elected, will Blair??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Now, Good old Bush has been elected (for some strange reason) to serve another term in office. I did look at one point that he was on his way out, but then the American people made up their mind and kept him in charge.

Now Blair been under a lot of pressure, due to numerous reasons, but mainly the war in Iraq. Blair is openly happy about the US election result and he might be thinking about his chances in the up coming general election. He might be thinking that there is a chance he might indeed stay in power. So what are Blair's chances staying for a 3rd term? (hopefully not IMHO)

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Heres where it gets funny, Bush needs to jump on Blair's wagon. The middle-east is a mess. If he wants to be remebered as a good Prez. Then he will jump in an make it look like he is helping Blair.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Bush re-elected, will Blair??

*hops into thread*
*looks around for Pisky*

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The British 'first past the post' system of election alone means Tony Blair and Labour are practically guaranteed a strong win in the coming general election, given the point where they are starting from.

The main opposition party would have to be pulling out and sustaining a record 'swing' against the government to even pull off a 'hung Parliament', which they very definitely are not.

Michael Howard and his tory party are now polling worse than William Hague or 'IDS'.....and look what happened to them.

You can safely bet your shirt on a strong Labour win.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
The British 'first past the post' system of election alone means Tony Blair and Labour are practically guaranteed a strong win in the coming general election, given the point where they are starting from.

The main opposition party would have to be pulling out and sustaining a record 'swing' against the government to even pull off a 'hung Parliament', which they very definitely are not.

Michael Howard and his tory party are now polling worse than William Hague or 'IDS'.....and look what happened to them.

Im really hoping that Labour do not get a third term,
Lib Dems are gaining support and could gain power.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Im really hoping that Labour do not get a third term,
Lib Dems are gaining support and could gain power.

- The Lib-Dems are going to make gains....but the problem for anyone hoping to see the end of Labour is that the best chances for the Lib-Dems to gain are almost all in tory seats.

Again, with the 'first past the post' system, for any serious change, the Lib-Dems would have to be establishing and sustaining poll numbers they just aren't.

Sorry but it just isn't going to happen.

(unless there is some kind of massive unforeseen and unforeseeable 'event')

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
*hops into thread*
*looks around for Pisky*

And as if by pixy magic, Pisky appears

If the British public vote for this traitor, they deserve everything they get. 'Britain' as an entity will exist only to service the EU and their corrupt bureaucracy, run of course by 'President' Blair - because that's exactly what he wants.

Just as those who voted for Bush will be held responsible for his actions, so will those who vote for Blair. If you want to be part of europe's own version of the Borg Collective, then just vote New Labour at the next election.

Now if they remove Blair and put someone like Brown in charge, maybe Britain has a chance. But keep Blair and his cronies and you're asking for trouble.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

The conservatives in my opinion are better than the other parties, but their still full of cr@p.

I'd vote on policy rather than past history, Michael Howard isn't a likely future Prime Minister but i'd prefer Tory policy over any other

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Depends, does Britain use Diebold machines?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Blair is openly happy about the US election result and he might be thinking about his chances in the up coming general election.chances staying for a

Of course he is happy cos he and Bush and best buds, as for Bliar being re-elected i hope it doesnt happen ,Bliar does what Bush tells him to do.

On Bush being re-elected all i can say is "prepare for war" he is gonna invade more countries in the coming years.:shk:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
With any luck the british people will kick him soooooo far out he'll never land again, but i cannt see it happening. Its strange that people look at the alternative not what the current goverment is actually doing. In my personal opinion i think people will re-vote blair as they cannot see an alternative. What people do not consider is any alternative would be better, people like what they know even if its bad for them, we are creatures of habit.

I belive Bush and Blair to be criminals.

Actually there is one thing i would like to know and thats this. MostAmerican polotitians have interests with companies with millions of dollars, all of them. How can all main leaders in a democracy be stinking rich is a country where "everyone is equal". Do the american people not see an inherant conflict of interest here that someone in power who can change policy has an interest with a company worth million coz THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING THAT MAY MAKE THEMSELF LESS RICH EVEN IF IT WAS FOR THE BENEFIT OF EVERYONE.

For example.

Tommy Thompson - served on an advisor board for those who would promote smoking. He recieved $72000 in funding from philip morris who also paid for him to have several trips abroad.

Dick Cheney - voted against the equal rights ammendment, against the house resolution calling for south africa to release nelson mandella. Votes against federal funding for abortion even in cases of rape. While at Haliburton two subsiduaries were dealing with sadams Iraq - first denied by him then proved in the Washington Post.

There is loads more but can you imagine what the republicans would have done if they found this out about clinton of gore so come on america - why do you let these people hold power???

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
The conservatives in my opinion are better than the other parties, but their still full of cr@p.

I'd vote on policy rather than past history, Michael Howard isn't a likely future Prime Minister but i'd prefer Tory policy over any other

hmmmm, i dont like the conservatives, but anyone but blair will do it for me.

Charles Kennedy is my number one choice

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bush got in. Its a shame but this surely means that Blair will be at his side for another term.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Bush got in. Its a shame but this surely means that Blair will be at his side for another term.

I dont want him to have a third term and i especially do not want to see a third labour administration

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well hopefully the British people will have more common sense that most American people when it comes to chose their leader not by faith but by reasoning.

Occurs, I think that Blair followed Bush lead blindly because he was misguided by lies.

But at the end he knew it was all a hoax, and he fell for it, I personally don't think Blair is a bad leader, just misguided by the US and Bush.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Blair will get back in, probably with a reduced majority. The Blues have some great policies but aren't presenting them well enough and, unfortunately, a lot of people still see the Lib Dems as a wasted vote.

Still, in four years, when Gorden 'screw prudence' Brown has stuffed the economy we might have a chance (even Lab supporters must admit that was the budget from hell.).

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Blair will get back in, probably with a reduced majority.

- The latest polling data show Labour on course for a majority of around 120. Then you have to factor in that in the run up to a general election the ruling party traditionally gathers support.

Labour are going to walk this one by a nice little landslide maybe not in the current 160 majority territory but I have cash money down on 100 - 130 as the result myself.

The Blues have some great policies but aren't presenting them well enough

- !?
Like what?
The tories' economic policies are pretty much a carbon copy of last time.

Any other mere 'pledges' (and they are hardly thick on the ground are they, hmm?) rest on the economy performing.....not exactly their strong point given a history of the two deepest longest most damaging recessions this country has experienced post-war under their stewardship, huh?

, unfortunately, a lot of people still see the Lib Dems as a wasted vote.

- I see what you mean, but I think the Lib-Dems are coming on...... that won't stop people going in for a little tactical voting and pulling off a couple of high profile tory 'decapitations' in the coming poll.
Will Michael Howard himself survive the night?!
Any bets on that being 'the story of the night' when the poll happens?!

Still, in four years, when Gorden 'screw prudence' Brown has stuffed the economy we might have a chance (even Lab supporters must admit that was the budget from hell.).

- No.
It was the usual Brown budget. Unexciting and keeping things on a very even keel.

Who the hell is going to listen to tory economic assessments?
They have been predicting economic disaster every day, month and year since day 1 of this gov in 1997!

Originally Posted by marg6043

I think that Blair followed Bush lead blindly because he was misguided by lies.

But at the end he knew it was all a hoax, and he fell for it, I personally don't think Blair is a bad leader, just misguided by the US and Bush.

- There was a House of Commons report - much ignored here - by the Foreign Affairs committee in July 2003 which concluded exactly that.

Intel originally thought to originate from UK sources turned out to have come from US ones.
The HOC committee was horrified at the degree to which the UK had become dependant on US intel.

Faced with a US President determined, no matter what, to have his war my bet is that when the truth of the deception became apparant Blair concluded that Saddam was a scumbag we were all well rid of and that he would go along with this on that basis. I also think he probably though the terrorist/Iraq link utterly spurious but one that might grow and develope particularly with Bush & Co. going on and on about it......

....and see the atlantic alliance survive; an alliance worth far more to the UK, USA, EU and just about everybody and certainly not something to be destroyed over transient foolish ideologues like Bush & his neocon crowd.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I personally don't think Blair is a bad leader

Well, he is fighting terrorism to promote democracy even though he doesnt listen to the people of his own country
He'll make a good leader of a communist country thou

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
The Blues have some great policies

Three words that do not go togther "blues", "great" and "policies"

People are starting to see that its not a two partie race, but its three. Lib Dems can get this country out of the grave that Blair has built for us

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't know, here's a sample of some of the crme policies:

Within the first day of a Conservative Government, we will announce plans to prevent police officers having to fill in a form every time they stop someone.
Within the first week, we will announce the ending of Labours early release from prison scheme.
Within the first month, we will start our new prison building programme and the recruitment of an extra 5,000 police officers each year.

I agree with all of this, hopefully it'll arrest the decline on the streets of Britain.

more here:

www.conservatives.com...

As for the budget, it's not just the Tories who say it's messed up, most economists say there is a black hole that Brown won't be able to fill.

Gordon Brown is going to break his own golden rule of borrowing solely for investment over the economic cycle. Indeed, the only way he wont do so is by redefining the economic cycle (cries of "Fix!" from the back).

www.moneyextra.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join