It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US citizen on trial in North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC is usually a reliable news source.

I'm thinking that if this guy doesn't get released it will be all the excuse the USA needs to go in with all guns blazing. What's your opinion on this? USA has negotiated with NK in the past over their citizens and prison sentences.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeBee

I saw the story, and I agree with your assessment.
It does seem to be the needed story if US wants to go to war.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The U.S. government could care less about their citizens. This won't start a war.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I don't want this crap at all. It's not even going to solve anything.
This sucks.
edit on 28-4-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
If you're looking for another possibility, perhaps North Korea has just sent a message to Washington saying "If you want your citizen back, give us _______" Whereupon Washington does, and tries to keep it secret from the world.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
There is already a US national living in NK, apparently under his own free will. He "defected" during the Korean war and is still alive today. I forget his name now, but he was a private or something in the US Army. He is either brainwashed or unfeeling towards the real horror of what goes on in NK. Or perhaps he could be a long term plant by the CIA to feed back information/intelliegence? Who knows. So regards this trial of another American national I dont want to see war. The global reprecussions would be immense. Whilst i feel sorry for the family of the person in question, one has to look at the bigger picture. What price for world peace? If there is to be a war let it be for a more just cause, like freeing the people from the concentration camps. If we are to die in a nuclear holocaust then i would rather it be over something like that than the arrest of one single man!

What really needs to happen in NK is regieme change and in this case it would be more than justified.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Pick up a hapless American tourist threaten a"fair"trial where the verdict is death.Then demand ransom.And this nation has nukes?My offer would be release the hostage within 48 hers.or we flatten Pyongyang in 2hrs.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well I don't like seeing foreigners getting charged and banged up anywhere abroad but has this particular citizen been proven of no wrong-doings or are the Nth Koreans just following what ever law they have regardless of whether it's ridiculous or not? Doesn't a US citizen tourist guide in Nth Korea sound a bit stupid?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Gotta admire the guys ambition anyway, if you are gonna get charged for something, dont let it be loitering or running a red light, oh no, not this guy, he was thinking big, if you are gonna get arrested, at least get arrested for attempting to over throw the government.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
The U.S. government could care less about their citizens. This won't start a war.

Your right. It wont start a war but what a sad thing for this country to do. They just want the USA to negotiate with them.

I hope he is released soon. Hard to think how this guy could be guilty of trying to overthrow the NK regime on his own.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I don't want this crap at all. It's not even going to solve anything.
This sucks.
edit on 28-4-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

Actually, I think you're wrong. If gives some politician the opportunity to go there to help 'free him'. While there, the politican can discuss things.

This also happened to 2009, and Bill Clinton flew over to secure the release of the two american journalists who illegaly crossed the border into the DPKR.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If the US can question or kill who ever they want regardless of nationality based on only suspicion alone. Why cant NK prosecute who every they like regadless of nationality or cause?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Sad but true. No, this won't be the catalyst, nor would the international community allow this as justification, for danger of setting a precedent. Although, a SEAL team rescue wouldn't be out of the question, if for nothing else than to simply tweak Un's nerves.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

If the US can question or kill who ever they want regardless of nationality based on only suspicion alone. Why cant NK prosecute who every they like regadless of nationality or cause?

Oh, they can...but they also have to deal with the consequences. Afghanistan, Syria, Jordan, and others are free to do whatever they like too, when we kill one of theirs in Gitmo. Oddly, they haven't come knocking yet...hmm....

It isn't fair, of course, nobody ever said the world is. I keep wondering why people expect it to be...it never was, and never will be.

new topics

top topics

join