It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icelanders oust government over austerity program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
About 50% of the nation are sheep and they hail the false prophets. "We will write off a considerable chunk of everyone´s debt" was one of their promises. The state does not have the funds necessary to do so nor do these gits have a concrete way to keep their promise, and they actually admitted to the latter this morning.

The people here actually fell for this c**p and I, for one, am truly ashamed to be an Icelander....

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I find it odd that they would welcome back the leadership that was riding high at the time they outright crashed and hit rock bottom just 5 years ago? Was the alternative THAT bad?

Even some of the best leadership can't foresee everything.

As skilled as they are, sometimes the system in place simply plays its course.

Not everyone can be Alan Greenspan.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

You have a fair point there...Although saying Greenspan was a good guy? Well, I suppose this is about Iceland, not the U.S. Fed Bank, right?

I hope whatever they've chosen, it works out well for them. I've always thought of Iceland in very good terms and as one of the least offensive peoples and nations in the world. The least deserving of such bad outcomes and misery to have to endure.

In a bit of a side note, perhaps I'm just 'American Ignorant' and someone from Iceland can correct me here ...but isn't that one of the few nations which actually does fit the definition when others ask what nations didn't form by stealing land from other people first? My limited knowledge of Viking lore and history seems to indicate that was settlement carved from a hostile and unclaimed land? Well, it would seem to make their misfortunes less deserved than even our own.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They let lawyers create the new system. What did you THINK was going to happen?

Limited liability/the maritime-admiralty law system has to GO. Bring back the code of Hammurabi. If you do harm, you PAY FOR IT. Usury is punishable by DEATH!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

Thanks for that. It's so easy to forget with all of this nonsense going on. I'm just a leaf blowing in the wind... Gotta calm down and remember that.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Miracula

You have a fair point there...Although saying Greenspan was a good guy? Well, I suppose this is about Iceland, not the U.S. Fed Bank, right?

I hope whatever they've chosen, it works out well for them. I've always thought of Iceland in very good terms and as one of the least offensive peoples and nations in the world. The least deserving of such bad outcomes and misery to have to endure.

I've never been there, but would like to visit. The land from the pictures I have seen is beautiful. The Mid-Atlantic rift is visible on the ground there. Volcanoes, magnificent waterfalls, geothermal pools that you can swim in that are beautiful blue, glaciers..

And they have a murder rate that is much less than the US and a lower teen pregnancy rate. I would imagine the people there are excellent.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

what do you mean? in every country its the same folks that swap back and forth. This dichotomy of politics, the whole left/right paradigm, is the failing point. Not the "government in power".

Here in America we all vote the same pieces of fecal debris back into office on a rotating basis, too. I am unsure why you find it odd. A scandal breaks that removes one side for awhile. Then the other side takes a turn. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I find it less odd and more pathetic. Pathetic that we accept a farce dressed up like change. It is nothing but putting lipstick on a sow's butt.

So well put

I've copy an pasted that for later use

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

What I like about Icelanders is that if things in their country don't go the way they want to, they make it happen and the government cannot do anything about it. Their government is actually beneath the people, their power is no match to the people when they unite. I'm really not worried about their fate, they have a strong sense of unity when things get rough.

I wish it was like that everywhere, tyranny cannot maintain itself in small settlements. Only in huge mass of people one or a few can gain so much power over the rest.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join