It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gidday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I thought I would drop by and see what this place is all about.

First thing is that it seems I need a 'w' point to post in one of the forums I was looking at, if someone could give me one of them that would be great.

Anyways, I come from a place lower than a few of the Auzzies I see on here and will most probably have to endure a few sheep jokes.

Apart from that, I just call it as I see it.

For now.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alicedee25

Welcome a25...

First thing is that it seems I need a 'w' point to post in one of the forums I was looking at, if someone could give me one of them that would be great.

You can post in almost all forums right now, you just can't start a thread, other than an intro, until you hit 20 posts. Easy stuff...

Enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Very cool, thanks for that.

It seems no matter where you are on the interwebs these days there is some minimum requirement for posting and so on and so forth. Fair enough I say, in fact I was just reading up in the newbies bit about how that all worked.

Perhaps I should have read that first, but, it is kinda counter-intuitive seeing as I am a male and it kind of felt like reading instructions........

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alicedee25

Welcome to ATS! The Welcome Wagon ought to be by soon, towed by whichever Mod got the keys tonight..but I'm happy to give a warm greeting while you're waiting for that! It sounds like you are already off to a great start though by reading up yourself on how it all works here. There is much to be found in those message archives....just be careful in the past. I've lost hours there before even realizing the time had past. SO much material in old threads..

Anyway. 20 posts to start a thread but like the other poster said, you can post anywhere on the forums list now. The 'W' isn't all that important and doesn't bear on your abilities. Go to Tools on the top line menu and 'W' on the far left of what comes down. That shows the WATS or "Way Above Top Secret" list and is simply the loudest and most opinionated of the contributors. Okay...it's not that bad, but it's nothing to fuss over not having points for. If you're active, that number takes care of itself. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing ya in the forums!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If your from south of Australia and shag sheep, I'm tipping you'd disagree when I say that Richie McCaw is a cheat.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by homerJ
If your from south of Australia and shag sheep, I'm tipping you'd disagree when I say that Richie McCaw is a cheat.

Ha, I might just do that, more of a cricket man myself.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!! There is a great link where us "newbies" can be adopted by a member. They can then help to guide us along (great for people who don't like reading instructions
). Just add to this link and someone should come along soon.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Very cool, thank you for the welcome and the advice

new topics

top topics

join