It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmed and Dangerous - CFIA Destroys a Shepherd's Life and Her Rare Sheep

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Most people are fairly numb and apathetic with things until it hits their own backyard and/or directly effects them, unfortunately. Maybe a lot of people just don't have the foresight to recognize what a scenario can lead to down the road ?

Perhaps Jude should change the thread title to say:
"Farmed and Dangerous - Sheep Farmer Outside Boston Gets Violently Shut Down By Gun Wielding Agents"

That would easily draw hundreds of more ATS thread drop-ins... and not a word in that title is untruthful or misdirecting.

Anyone still wondering why the MSM feels the need to use sensationalistic, attention grabbing, vaguely worded headlines to gather an audience all the time ??

*sigh*
edit on 28-4-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

Yep, and the majority of population of Westerners (notably USA/Canada) is ignorant of life in general. Most people there don't even know what is in their food. They are blinded by technology/media and other distractions so they know their favorite TV show or Apple gadget more than their grandparents.

This post of killing sheep shows that the government wins, again. The people won't care, they don't eat sheep meat because McDonalds (or most any other restaurant) doesn't sell it. Probably not your average grocery store either.

I don't understand why people would continue to live in this kind of environment. It has been obvious that it will continue getting worse. Meanwhile people keep complaining about this real situation to deaf ears.

It will not get better. The people will not let that happen, until things collapse. Then it will probably be too late as it's every man for themselves, like always. But the government will tell you they will save you.

I walked away from it all as much as I could, and every year the world gets smaller =(

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Danbones
Part of my rent deal is cheffing it up for some old folks,,They wanted to go more mediterranian diet..better for the heart..
which means Lamb as a staple meat source ( mint for sauce/jelly is in the swamp ...garlic in the garden ..perfect )

In Ontario in the supermarkets usually you can only get NEW ZEALAND spring lamp
at an arm and a leg a pound

So I found one of the few farms that sells actuall lamb via gate sales....is at the other end of my boat ride to town
I am gonna go support that farmer

DanBones:

Good to hear that you are going to support a small farmer. They need all the support they can get.

I'm trying to sell my store so that I can start baking out of a clay oven in the Country. Hopefully there will be a lot of people like you around. I live in an area where I know I will have some support so I should make it.

Less money but less stress as well.

Peace

less money, more pike fillets, and venison roasts...and the occasional lamb shiskey with garlic sauce on homemade bread
ftmoney!

best of luck Jude...cooking with woodfire
( I use the woodstove all winter, the stone dutch oven in the better weather ) makes it all taste ...so ...Canadian
I don't care if the SHTF or not
life is better here
either way

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
Do any of you understand what scrapie is? It's a transmissible spongiform encephalopathy closely related to BSE, or mad cow disease. Untreatable, fatal, and capable of persisting in soil for an undetermined amount of time. Prion-based, so it's shed in blood, feces, and basically any waste material deposited by the sheep.

Human transmission? Unknown. Mutton isn't eaten as commonly as beef (the source of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in humans), and prion diseases are notoriously difficult to diagnose, but scrapie is theorized to be the origin of BSE in cows. So yeah, I think this was completely justified, if there's even the slightest risk of a prion disease becoming established in livestock, all possible measures should be taken to contain it.

Do you understand that if one animal has it on the farm, they all have it? Because according to their own reasoning, it's an epidemic.

But the answer is to kill ALL (without prior proof) instead of checking one or two animals.

No. This is not acceptable in any way, shape or form.

BTW...they found no evidence of the disease and yet all of her livestock is dead. As is her living.

Will the Govt. give her restitution for their mistake? No. But if you brought charges against the Pink Slime purveyors...??? How far would you get?

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If one's got it, the whole farm is contaminated, and the whole area is unfit for grazing for an indeterminate amount of time. So at best all her animals have to be removed and quarantined. Tests are in development, but prion diseases are extremely difficult to diagnose, particularly before symptoms appear. For reference, BSE and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease are both most commonly diagnosed during a necropsy, testing before the patient displays symptoms is practically impossible.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by jude11

If one's got it, the whole farm is contaminated, and the whole area is unfit for grazing for an indeterminate amount of time. So at best all her animals have to be removed and quarantined. Tests are in development, but prion diseases are extremely difficult to diagnose, particularly before symptoms appear. For reference, BSE and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease are both most commonly diagnosed during a necropsy, testing before the patient displays symptoms is practically impossible.

So that's the reason? Maybe one has it? That sounds like the same kind of reason for going to war with Iraq, maybe they have WMD's, or yellow cake uranium?

Still waiting for that 'maybe' to be a yes for these sheep, and Iraq having WMDs.

Also, I have a feeling the commercial farms for cows/pigs/chickens have much worse crap inside of them than these sheep do...

... And that's what this is about, control of food. Which is control of life. And there will always be people who need to feel "safe" under the watch of their big brother guardian.

What kind of food do you eat? Do you grow your own or know where it comes from?

PS. From "Whole Foods'" or other 'organic' store does not count. You still don't know where your food comes from.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Don't worry about the lack of response in replies, the stars and flags say it all. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.It just makes me sick to think such things can happen.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Things like this make me furious, but it's not even my country, what can I possibly do to help? Whoever ok'd this needs to be fired or voted out.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Most people are fairly numb and apathetic with things until it hits their own backyard and/or directly effects them, unfortunately. Maybe a lot of people just don't have the foresight to recognize what a scenario can lead to down the road ?

And that is because they dont let those gears in their heads do some much needed work. They simply seem unable to generate a interest because it requires them to read,comprehend AND understand and be able to project the consequences and estimate the scale of effect for now and over time.

Too much work those 2 minutes of thought i suppose for most.

Perhaps Jude should change the thread title to say:
"Farmed and Dangerous - Sheep Farmer Outside Boston Gets Violently Shut Down By Gun Wielding Agents"

That would easily draw hundreds of more ATS thread drop-ins... and not a word in that title is untruthful or misdirecting.

Anyone still wondering why the MSM feels the need to use sensationalistic, attention grabbing, vaguely worded headlines to gather an audience all the time ??

*sigh*
edit on 28-4-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

i am quite confident that with that headline this thread would have generated double the interest. Although short lived i am sure.

*bump

edit on 29-4-2013 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I remember a story a while back, where a farmer had his "organic", crop destroyed and enenthough he owned his property "outright", had it confiscated when he left the land doing nothing, refusing to use the land to produce gmo crops, when approached by reps for a major gmo org...

Stuff like this is only going to happen more and more often unless you are lucky enough to live in a country that has banned monsanto and ther gmo products.

One must ask that once Monsanto has possessed the US, Canada and other nations that pose no such bans, what will happen to places like New Zealand, that have the balls to stand up against criminal organisations like Monsanto.
edit on 4/29/2013 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

and yet in Australia, hobby farms are ok and we don't seem to have this kind of thing happen...even road side vendors don't have this kind of thing happen.

if so, haven't heard of anything like it. Perhaps this is a sign of things to come for the Aussie hobby farmer? It is terrible to read this has happened to this poor lady and her livestock.

It is just a travesty.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

BUMP Snf

How long before this starts happening here (UK)

:CHEERS:

APPLAUSE ME THINKS

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is without a doubt a testament to the degrading tactics that manifest in a profit based system. Look closely human beings, this is what we have become, this is what greed does to a race of people. I don't know what I loath more, the organizations that commit and manipulate such acts, or the communities that do nothing about it from fear of these organizations. Slowly the man in the mirror is disappearing and he may never come back again.

Thanks for bringing this issue to light, it's people like you that urge me the squeeze a little bit harder on the last string of hope I'm hanging from.

Good things

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This makes me wonder how many "False Flag Farm Events" occur where the neighbors see the raid and fear for their family's health due to this "Dirty farm down the road." And applaud the Government for getting rid of the smelly filthy animals so they can now put in the, choose one, coffee shop, day care center, beauty salon, etc.
I have seen this happen in the town where I use to live. As the farmers sold off their land, the McMansion builders came running in and the new home owners started complaining. Sad but true.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
S&F M8.

This is a travesty, and sadly is happening on a daily basis.

What this world needs right now is a hero...

Not a prissy Bieber, or some over-paid, over-egotistical sports "star", or even a Firefighter.... these guys are all paid to do a job....

A Real Hero. Someone who can afford to take on the likes of Mons(ter)anto, Big Oil, Big Pharma, etc.
Someone who has the ability to buy tv/radio airtime, to wake the masses up...

But, alas, no-one like that exists.

I often wondered if i won big in lotto, what i would do... now i know... hence why i will never win...

So, maybe there is a reason we (yes, even those of us "Down Under") need/should have guns...
Coz a times gonna come....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Honestly Jude, this kind of thing is sickening and it is happening on a very large scale all across North America. Most of the farm and agricultural tyranny stories can be found, researched and digested at Natural News, there is some horrendous stuff going on. It is a war on our ability to feed ourselves anything on our own and it is forcing us to only consume what we are told.

Sadly, if you don't believe in Eugenics then it really only comes down to money. Lobbyists from Monsanto and other similar dairy and agriculture corporations that have lined the politicians pockets are mandating that strict control must be maintained over every aspect of food and milk cultivation and consumption. It's not a conspiracy, sadly, it is cold hard fact, it just doesn't seem like that many people care or realize the implications for us all in the long run.

Agenda 21 and all programs that mirror it under different names will only expand upon this and make it almost impossible for you to grow organic food on your own property for your own consumption. It really is that bad and I think that things are happening so fast in our Countries right now, both U.S. and Canada, people are feeling a little bewildered and helpless.

I hate to say it but I think it is probably to late to "Vote them out" to enact change. The whole system is corrupt from the top all the way to the bottom. Corporations and their lobbyists backed by big banks run the country because they buy the lawmakers. Any laws that are passed are not drafted for the benefit of the people, they are drafted to make corporations more money and the citizens of the United States are not looked at as anything other than consumers, that's it.

All I can say is that when you take all a person has, that person has nothing left to lose and that person becomes dangerous. Armed response to these types of raids might become more common in the near future and more instances similar to Waco could be a result. All of these things that are happening right now are the reason they want the guns, they know as well as I do that they are crossing lines on a daily basis and it won't be long before people start saying no simply because they have nothing left to live for because their government has either threatened to take it all away or already has.

We live in a scary time, a historic time, I guess we'll see how it ends up.
edit on 29-4-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

They consider us to be nothing more then animals and that's pretty much what there turning us into. If you try and talk to the majority of the people in the United States about these types of topics alot of them have no clue whats going on due to the brainless diet of crap mainstream news feeds them. It makes me really want to leave the United States. Most people care more about what there latest celebrity idol is doing then that there government is poisening them with Gmo or that there government is being run by criminals. And I try to talk to them about it and usually they don't really care they areto busy burying themselves in cell phones and failing school and getting pregnant. Some humans really aren't much more then animals I guess bout that doesent mean everyone should have to get dragged down because of it

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I wonder if we could get away with selling farm animals as pets, and organic produce as cuttings for home cloning of house plants, even though the intention is to consume them or just to save a breed. I don't think our law makers are going to want to drink from the poisoned well even they though they expect everyone else to, so there will likely be some loop hole for getting around monsanto's hostile take over of global food production.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by Ironclad

and yet in Australia, hobby farms are ok and we don't seem to have this kind of thing happen...even road side vendors don't have this kind of thing happen.

if so, haven't heard of anything like it. Perhaps this is a sign of things to come for the Aussie hobby farmer? It is terrible to read this has happened to this poor lady and her livestock.

It is just a travesty.

GMO has been rejected in europe so far so i am guessing they still do not have any footing in Australia at this point. The U.S (home base/point of origin) and third world countries (easy targets) is where they are most successful right now.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by jude11

BUMP Snf

How long before this starts happening here (UK)

:CHEERS:

APPLAUSE ME THINKS

It already has, this is more or less Mad Cow Disease in sheep. I'm going to guess that you also forgot about "Hoof and Mouth" disease in which 7,000,000+ cows and sheep were culled in the 2001 outbreak.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join