It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmed and Dangerous - CFIA Destroys a Shepherd's Life and Her Rare Sheep

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Think this only happens in the US? Think again folks because it's happening more and more across Canada. We have another raid on small farmers because of their refusal to toe the line. These farmers are getting targeted every day because they are offering alternative choices to mass produced-steroid-injected-pesticide-infected crap. We are losing our fight it seems.

I try to source as much locally produced products in my area for my "Awake" customers and it's getting more and more difficult.

This lady had her land invaded, her animals killed and is now being threatened with lawsuits, imprisonment...for trying to save a rare breed and offering foods that don't come under the spray. What the hell is going on here? Why are people standing for this and not standing with people like her? Some are but these are seen as fringe groups.

www.activistpost.com... above incidents stem from a CFIA claim three years ago that a ewe she sold years further back had scrapie. Hearsay. No signs, no symptoms, for a disease that poses no harm to humans - but they killed her ewes anyway. After death, tests came back negative as Montana knew they would.

A small vid putting some drama to the Draconian measures but no less telling:

Canada's Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has targeted rare heritage sheep at Wholearth Farmstudio owned by Montana Jones for years now. Shropshire sheep are among the rarest - and CFIA could aid in their extinction with their recent eradication efforts over unfounded fears of a sickness called scrapie.

They killed her pregnant ewes to find out if they were healthy. ???? Worse yet, after a house raid, CFIA is convicting her and others in the same boat like Michael Schmidt for conspiracy among other criminal offenses. She faces 12 years in jail and $1.5 million in fines!

In the past 15 years, 190 breeds of farm animals have gone extinct worldwide, and there are currently 1,500 others at risk of being wiped out. Within the last ten years alone, 60 breeds of cattle, goats, pigs, horses and poultry have become extinct.

Well-known farmer activist Joel Salatin of Polyface Farms lent his support by submitting a letter for CFIA to read:

I have been apprised of your intent to annihilate the Wholearth flock of Shropshire sheep owned by Montana Jones and it is deeply troubling. Without credible tests that empirically prove the existence of scrapie, to proceed with the planned extermination is both unscientific and tyrannical. Agenda-driven extermination tactics have been used throughout history to purge alternative genes, both human and animal. This deprives future generations of traits that may provide salvation from yet-to-be-revealed diseases. Please follow reason and real science as you approach this rare flock of sheep.

And this sums it all up quite nicely:

As always, it's never about public safety - it's always about control - and oftentimes collusion. A woman with an indoor lemon tree gets threatened with a SWAT raid because her healthy lemon tree might be under quarantine. Bureaucracies uproot or try to force homeowners to destroy their gardens.

The FDA dumps raw milk and cheese in landfills calling it unfit for dogs (yet deems Pink Slime safe for humans although it was originally fed to dogs). They pour bleach on picnic food and blue dye in bulk milk tanks. Agencies trespass on small farms and slaughter, shoot or euthanize healthy animals senselessly. If those aren't full-blown discriminatory war tactics - what is?

I have always said that these raids on small farms are not about public health nor safety. They are about big lobbyists putting the thumb screws to the little independent farmers that have a few customers the corporations want at their check out stands. It's about greed, control and lies.

A very telling pattern emerging from the US to Canada of course. The Canadian Govt. is nothing but another sellout to America IMO.

Isn't it also interesting that right around the same time America targets their heritage breeds, Canada places theirs in the cross-hairs? Mark Baker of Baker's Green Acres is a well-known American example. The DNR working with other Michigan agencies (and obviously the Pork Producers) went on a heritage pig rampage (Kill the pig...kill the pig) but Bakers wouldn't destroy them or let them. So the USDA and DNR made sure that they could do nothing with them by blocking them from taking them to slaughter. So friends had to come over to do it and it was given away to the hungry. And of course, feeding the homeless in America is a big no-no now.

She can't take the destruction and harassment. The loss and the legal fees for her upcoming criminal trial will put her out of her farm and home - she reaches out for help (see below). In just a few days an outpouring of support helped her reach $35,000 of a $50K goal. She continues to update and thank those that have helped her.

Peace

edit on 27-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
And as I expected...

No interest in local Police State tactics.

But let's keep on paying attention to Boston, a few unattended lunch bags and a few threads on Mars, a "maybe" thread on a monster in Scotland and whatever the hell Bush is saying or not saying these days.

Are you people freaking kidding me?

Deny ignorance? How about denying the "Look over here " while something local is tearing apart communities and destroying YOUR rights as human beings occupying this Earth? They don't own it...WE DO!!!!?

You deserve what is coming.

WAKE TF UP!!!!

Jude11

edit on 28-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
As a raw milk drinker, that story makes me sad.

I really have no words.
edit on 27-4-2013 by davjan4 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
topic two
no replies:
there are no OSers to create a debate with.
( well, there are some people who are certainly ANTI conspiracy..moth to a flame
boston...(see above)
and lunch bags?
well, everybody looks inside for a free lunch
even though:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH!

back to topic one
its a crime
there are also the farmers in the states loosing their "feral hog herds"
just because their piggies may have a spot of color that resembles the feral hogs

there are also farmers all over the world losing to monsanto

what was it that old sausage maker said:
"competition is a sin"

soon the world food supply will resemble the old USSR model
edit on 27-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
hmm I read it earlier and s & flagged it but did not leave a comment because I didn't know what to say.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
topic two
no replies:
there are no OSers to create a debate with.
( well, there are some people who are certainly ANTI conspiracy..moth to a flame
boston...(see above)
and lunch bags?
well, everybody looks inside for a free lunch
even though:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH!

back to topic one
its a crime
there are also the farmers in the states loosing their "feral hog herds"
just because their piggies may have a spot of color that resembles the feral hogs

there are also farmers all over the world losing to monsanto

what was it that old sausage maker said:
"competition is a sin"

soon the world food supply will resemble the old USSR model
edit on 27-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

You have 1 and 2 nailed perfectly and thank you for addressing both.

At least someone sees the truth.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
hmm I read it earlier and s & flagged it but did not leave a comment because I didn't know what to say.

Not knowing what to say but at least acknowledging the issue is OK in my books.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
As a raw milk drinker, that story makes me sad.

I really have no words.
edit on 27-4-2013 by davjan4 because: spelling

Why are we seen as criminals because we choose to live as we have for 10's of 1,000's of years?

That's the issue IMO.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

sometimes it takes me a little while to process it. Usually because I get upset and this is very upsetting for me to read. To see these this woman distraught holding one of her sheep crying is
and her livestock have been needlessly destroyed.

why? maybe they want to do away with small farmers?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Because they can't put a friggin meter on it.

Why on earth would they want the plebeians to be self-sufficient, self-reliant, and self-regulated ?!

Oh wait... sorry, I forgot...

It's for our own safety.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Because they can't put a friggin meter on it.

Why on earth would they want the plebeians to be self-sufficient, self-reliant, and self-regulated ?!

Oh wait... sorry, I forgot...

It's for our own safety.

This is just heart breaking before you get into the fact that it is the government doing this.
I hope its ok to quote the above. VERY well said! I think that many governments are doing whatever they can to make sure that we are unable to take care of ourselves. What pull do they have if we do not depend on them.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Part of my rent deal is cheffing it up for some old folks,,They wanted to go more mediterranian diet..better for the heart..
which means Lamb as a staple meat source ( mint for sauce/jelly is in the swamp ...garlic in the garden ..perfect )

In Ontario in the supermarkets usually you can only get NEW ZEALAND spring lamp
at an arm and a leg a pound

So I found one of the few farms that sells actuall lamb via gate sales....is at the other end of my boat ride to town
I am gonna go support that farmer

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Part of my rent deal is cheffing it up for some old folks,,They wanted to go more mediterranian diet..better for the heart..
which means Lamb as a staple meat source ( mint for sauce/jelly is in the swamp ...garlic in the garden ..perfect )

In Ontario in the supermarkets usually you can only get NEW ZEALAND spring lamp
at an arm and a leg a pound

So I found one of the few farms that sells actuall lamb via gate sales....is at the other end of my boat ride to town
I am gonna go support that farmer

DanBones:

Good to hear that you are going to support a small farmer. They need all the support they can get.

I'm trying to sell my store so that I can start baking out of a clay oven in the Country. Hopefully there will be a lot of people like you around. I live in an area where I know I will have some support so I should make it.

Less money but less stress as well.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
S&F

This does indeed need more attention as it is bigger and more impact-full then many may think, which is obviously the case seeing how this thread gets ignored. The aggressive method that is used against these people and mostly their cattle is ASTOUNDING to me and certainly looks like that next to removing the cattle from this world they are also meaning to leave a warning to anyone else NOT to have a all natural farm and kettle ...EVER! Or get fined for millions and slammed into a jail cell. guess ATS is like the average movie goer/renter , not enough Michael bay explosions to look at or talk about, not popcorn worthy, to many words and not enough passive video to go along with the topic. probably the effect of a dumb'ed down society.

or ..not enough shills to push the topic and flags..
Bit of both most likely.

Thank you for the topic.

edit on 28-4-2013 by Rubic0n because: typ0

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Most people are fairly numb and apathetic with things until it hits their own backyard and/or directly effects them, unfortunately. Maybe a lot of people just don't have the foresight to recognize what a scenario can lead to down the road ?

Perhaps Jude should change the thread title to say:
"Farmed and Dangerous - Sheep Farmer Outside Boston Gets Violently Shut Down By Gun Wielding Agents"

That would easily draw hundreds of more ATS thread drop-ins... and not a word in that title is untruthful or misdirecting.

Anyone still wondering why the MSM feels the need to use sensationalistic, attention grabbing, vaguely worded headlines to gather an audience all the time ??

*sigh*
edit on 28-4-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thank you so much for your post, S & F! This is extremely bothersome sad, & so hard
to believe they went after her. The farm & animals were so unbelievably BEAUTIFUL!
What I find strange is that I wouldn't even consider it a small farm (very small farm) due to the fact that she did not have that many sheep or pigs so I cannot imagine that she sold very many.

If (I think was 41 ewes) all her ewes were pregnant & IF they twinned, that would be 82 lambs if they all survived. She would probably only keep the ewes & sell the males & maybe a few ewe lambs but some will need to be held back for breeding & also replacing the ones previously sold. That is me reasoning for below a small "commercial" farm & why I don't understand the confiscation & euthanasia of her animals she really didn't have that many when you think about it.

I have never bought a rare breed to eat...maybe they taste different than regular organic & the price might be top dollar. I haven't had a chance to look into this yet but will now. I have a friend who has some rare breeds but not enough to sell. It bloody killed me when I had to sell me own sheep due to job situation 2 yrs ago.

So I assume it's more focused on her "Rare Breed" than small farmer but stand corrected if I'm wrong or missed something.

Bloody Hell wonder if the Cheese taste different too!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Do any of you understand what scrapie is? It's a transmissible spongiform encephalopathy closely related to BSE, or mad cow disease. Untreatable, fatal, and capable of persisting in soil for an undetermined amount of time. Prion-based, so it's shed in blood, feces, and basically any waste material deposited by the sheep.

Human transmission? Unknown. Mutton isn't eaten as commonly as beef (the source of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in humans), and prion diseases are notoriously difficult to diagnose, but scrapie is theorized to be the origin of BSE in cows. So yeah, I think this was completely justified, if there's even the slightest risk of a prion disease becoming established in livestock, all possible measures should be taken to contain it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is a huge issue and there has to be a way to support the farmers so they have a team, a huge team of citizens behind them, also, if she loses her farm, or any of the others in similar cases, then she needs help to launch a massive law suit for millions to recover and penalize these fascists. It also takes awareness campaign, local awareness and national.

Just horrendous what they are doing to the small farmers.

This breaks my heart. And the issue would start to draw far more attention if people started to star and flag and post their anger over this.

But the really important issues seem to be marginal, and because of this, we're in deep trouble unless this trend turns around ASAP!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
Do any of you understand what scrapie is? It's a transmissible spongiform encephalopathy closely related to BSE, or mad cow disease. Untreatable, fatal, and capable of persisting in soil for an undetermined amount of time. Prion-based, so it's shed in blood, feces, and basically any waste material deposited by the sheep.

Human transmission? Unknown. Mutton isn't eaten as commonly as beef (the source of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in humans), and prion diseases are notoriously difficult to diagnose, but scrapie is theorized to be the origin of BSE in cows. So yeah, I think this was completely justified, if there's even the slightest risk of a prion disease becoming established in livestock, all possible measures should be taken to contain it.

They didn't have the disease that's why everyone's pissed at the women's ewe's being killed it was an excuse to shut her down.

I used to have sheep, goats, hens and ducks on my land just for my family intake i also grew my own veggies i don't understand why anyone want's to stop people from growing fresh produce!

s/f

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I hope he who holds back for now repays these monsters tenfold >_< This is gonna happen in south america as well you'll see. the whole american continent will be a huge # to live. after all it was a crater and belonged to a certain evil being before being discovered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join