It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guest question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Over the recent months, we have be lucky to have some guest to answer question for members. Is it possible to have some sort of guest debate section? invite in two guests to debate a topic? just an idea

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Interesting idea, how would it work?

Do they sit talking to each other and someone takes notes verbatim, or do they sit on separate computers talking to each other like this?

Clarify how it would work, I think it has potential.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Interesting idea, how would it work?

Do they sit talking to each other and someone takes notes verbatim, or do they sit on separate computers talking to each other like this?

Clarify how it would work, I think it has potential.

Well i think it might be easier for them to debate like our members do i.e separet computers. We could have guest debates on any topic, one for and one against, i think debates involving politics would prove to be very good. This could have been really good for elections and stuff.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There is potential for such a concept, I just see it being difficult for two "guests" to sit down and go back and forth (and I think some would be reluctant). It might be possible to submit a series of questions to two guests and give a side by side comparison of the responses (I think this would have a greater chance of success). I would also like to see a requirement for sources and some credible background (not their own website) for their claims (we require that of our members, why not our guests?).

Should this be floated in DISC?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Maybe some members could post thoughts on this so that we can develope the idea so that it can come into action.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i like the idea

what about a alien believer and a alien critic debating the existance of alien vistors??

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Considering that the first two such events saw quite an amount of time between replies, I doubt it would work. Good idea on paper, just that the two guests would REALLY have to agree to be fairly good on response time....and I doubt that would happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Considering that the first two such events saw quite an amount of time between replies, I doubt it would work. Good idea on paper, just that the two guests would REALLY have to agree to be fairly good on response time....and I doubt that would happen.

Well,
You never know to be honest.

top topics

join