It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia had wiretap of mother discussing jihad:Possibly with son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So I was just watching CNN, and it is breaking that the mother of the Boston suspects had apparently been recorded talking to someone(not known who yet), about a jihad. Interesting for one that they were wiretapping in the first place, why? What suspicions did they have of this family? How far back does this go? Another curious thing is that even obama came out and thanked Russia and Putin for all their help in the investigation. Since when does Russia help the US, especially for a non american? Interesting to keep an eye on anyway!
www.cnn.com...

CNN) -- Russia intercepted a communication between the mother of the accused Boston Marathon bombers and someone who may have been one of her sons "discussing jihad" in 2011, according to a U.S. official with knowledge of the investigation. This source described the conversation as vague. The Russians turned over the intercept to the FBI in the last few days, the official said. This source was not aware of a reason for the delay and did not offer an opinion about whether it would have given the FBI enough reason to justify a closer look at Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the oldest of the two brothers.

edit on 27-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I may be wrong but I believe that Russia was who called and said that the older brother needed to be investigated years ago. (Someone please correct me if it was not Russia) Of course our FBI said that he was no threat. Bad when Russia is looking out for Americans better than their own government.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That's interesting. Maybe all her accusations against the USA are a act also to promote radical Islam ideology.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

.... Russia and the US have joint interest on this one. Chechnya is has been the source of Russia's very own version of Al Qaeda that predates 2001 by many years. In fact, I first saw the Alex Jones site way back when by their covering pictures of U.S. Special Forces in join 'training' with Russian Spetsnaz doing clearing operations among civilians in Chechnya during the Clinton years.

Kinda like all those years of the Cold War when the US and Russia virtually hated each other and worked hard to ruin each other ...yet they still cooperated on the critical global treaties for things like Space and Antarctica to name a couple examples. The Major world powers have been good about finding back channels or side alleys to work together when facing joint threats or major issues, not matter what else is happening, IMO.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

You probably are right, and please forgive me there have been several things I cannot keep up with on this case. So are you insinuating that Russia is the ones that want this family caught? Could they have been set up by the russians somehow? Surely Russia was not looking out for our best interest

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

discussing jihad" in 2011

That is vague, I know I have discussed it many times.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Russia (Putin) isn't trying to "help" the US Government.

He is pointing out the clues to us, the ordinary citizen, that our Government either let this happen or were directly involved in it (same thing really).

Putin knows "terrorists" when he sees them, and is not afraid to point them out as such.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Jihad is Arabic for "Yee-haw".

You know when you see hill billies at Sprint car races yelling "Yeehaw!"

Jihad is the same thing. The same spirit! Only it's done with bombs instead oversized mud tires and cheap sprint cars.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Jihad is the same thing. The same spirit! Only it's done with bombs instead oversized mud tires and cheap sprint cars.

Really?

I'm concerned that you actually believe that..

Jihad is struggle. I'd bother trying to explain it, but I guess if people read your post and take it at face value, then believe such ignorance, then there would be no point anyway...

If it's tongue in cheek, this is the internet. There is no 'sarcasm' font.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Another curious thing is that even obama came out and thanked Russia and Putin for all their help in the investigation. Since when does Russia help the US, especially for a non american?

Well to answer your question once upon a time I did a boo boo with talking to the wrong political official and my name, and face apparently, bounced around the USA intelligence circles, until my image reached the other side of the planet with operatives in foreign countries. It's the weirdest thing to see, like remote viewing, a couple spy-like people in a foreign country with your face on their cell phone, asking one another "is she one of ours?" Yikes, no, I'm not. Basically, the government wanted to rule out their worst fears and perceived threats. So yes, they go above the national tier into international groups to solve their security mysteries. It goes pretty quick, they can get their identification done in less than three months because it's their job.

Not only Russia but also the European Union is best buddies with security information sharing, as far as they feel they need to go with revealing identities of their citizens to other nations. It works well for their interests, at the expense of the individual to be certain, especially in this case. See, some government officials made their way into their jobs by shaking hands with international businesspeople, so they are more interested in international happy times than they are interested in keeping everybody within their country safe and comfortable. Their way out of accountability for these subjects of investigation would be that it's not their department to give a care.

All great for the guys collecting a salary but the person whose face is on international intelligence cellphones now has a big problem. Like international kidnapping rings. Like international plots where they may be framed, exploited, and without defense from their nation. They are crafted an outsider, and should they cry to their country for help there is little response because they have been targeted for exploitation from The Powers That Be. They become an object for the government sport of ruining people to justify an existence.

So of course the national officials are loudly proclaiming to the press that they didn't have a hand in the Boston events, so it is clear that they are not going to politicize the events to agitate their taxpayers into aggravating a war. It's propaganda. These targets have been watched for years and pushed and played into the character of the bad guy, and they may even be bullied into a black sheep role in society, like these brothers in Boston, eventually meeting the product of their foolishness: death and sentencing.

In short, Obama is sending a message to the world that he and Russia aren't going to go to war over this.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Miracula

Really?

I'm concerned that you actually believe that..

Jihad is struggle. I'd bother trying to explain it, but I guess if people read your post and take it at face value, then believe such ignorance, then there would be no point anyway...

If it's tongue in cheek, this is the internet. There is no 'sarcasm' font.

Speaking of struggle I think the Boston bombers were failing in their AX struggle miserably.

Sort of like Josh Powell, minus the axes.

Re-axs

new topics

top topics

join