It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive explosion rocks Detroit refinery

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Your kind of way off on this guess, some of the homes here have been here before they even refined gasoline, so these homes some of them were here when they were still riding horse and buggy.
This was prime farm land, the top soil goes down at least 8 to 10 feet in some places and I know this for a fact, because one dude by Ford Motor Rouge Plant ( I can see it from here ) sold all his top soil and dumped old concrete in as fill, this he made into storage yard.

BUt this is in the City, Detroit city, 1701 the sign says, but they didn't know what they were doing back then much as they don't know what they are doing now, they learn as they go. Once a refinery blows up like in Texas and it kills people, breaks windows 20 miles away, they decide to not build oil refinery's near people, nor would they issue building permits any where close to the potential disaster.

Plus this was Motor City you need gas in Motor City, right.

edit on 28-4-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Refineries on one side of me Fermi nuclear plant on the other ...... !!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gtbobcat

Dang !

I hope you have a very deep bunker to jump into if the shtf
You lucked out this time since the event did not turn out to be a devestating circumstance.
How is the air there?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Good quick find OP. I think it is more of a problem than terrorism. I think a lot of people are making mistakes for some reason. Maybe it's meds they are taking, maybe it is something in the foods or maybe it is because people gave up smoking cigarettes which can actually help some people think better. I'm thinking we have a big problem here in the USA. Awareness has left the country along with rational behavior.

Neither safety nor public responsibility are corporate values (they detract from profit).

Regulation is a dirty word and congress allows no funds for inforcement of laws on the books (we can trust corporations you know).

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

The news just gets better and better
ca.news.yahoo.com...
I`m upwind from Detroit, Zug Island etc. etc. about 20 minutes south (yes, we look north to Detroit)..Most weekdays I see the haze rising up from the city, but that puts me right in the path of prevailing winds from Fermi.
It`s mostly open fields around me .. wind is always blowing .. a breeze in the city makes it very windy here.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is an example of insufficient investment in industry in America.

Old equipment needs to be replaced as it becomes dangerous due to age.

This and Texas Fertilizer plant fire are basically industrial accidents caused by old failing equipment.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

How many were killed by lax regulation? Blame all explosions on terrorists? Now the push for deregulation amidst lax regulation and trying to eliminate the EPA by some. This is like an arcade shooting at ducks.....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by podnus

if anything this will be another thing to destroy businesses that are already stretched thin by regulatory strain...not that they dont need to do a better job of safety, but trying to legislate a fix now after its way too late to make a difference that will benefit both the business and safety, is going to effect everyone terribly...

some of it is governments fault for thinking regulation is the answer for all of it, and some of it is the corporations fault for not safeguarding their businesses and caring more about fast and huge profit margins than long term stability of their business...

but the flip side is it might just create opportunity for other smaller businesses to open shop and provide a service in the vacuum they leave once they fail...just hope they are home grown instead of some outsourced foreign business...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd
Neither safety nor public responsibility are corporate values (they detract from profit).

Regulation is a dirty word and congress allows no funds for inforcement of laws on the books (we can trust corporations you know).

You're right on the money, so to speak.
Not even legislation alone will help if there is no enforcement or even inspections.
Add some corruption to that and we'll have a nice corrosive slurry for all of us to swim in

But this is the liberal economical model, the "American Way", is it not? Always in favour of business, instead of the consumer.

Enough said.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What's with all the explosions lately? And the refinery being named "marathon" is kind of odd too. Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but my conspiracy senses are tingling. All I know is that explosions usually incite fear into people, so maybe that has something to do with it?

i would not dismiss the idea, although it has been named marathon for many many years...i used to drive past it all the time...but it is less than a danger to surrounding neighborhoods than you might think...its on the outskirts of town for a reason...

what i think is that there is a deliberate attempt to cripple the infrastructure systematically, and disarm the people so they will be unable to defend themselves or support themselves logistically when and if there is a major disaster that cripples the US govt, takes out the military or keeps them from protecting the country somehow (by deployment or something similar) and when the country that comes in to the rescue arrives, we will have no choice but to bend over to their demands...things are too strategically connected to not really mean anything...
totally agree it does seem like a dry run or drill for some reason.
If I've learned anything in the past few years is not to trust what we are seeing or what we are told...and I don't.
there is a reason for everything that has been happening lately just don't know what yet.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

why?

read the book by joel skausen "strategic relocation"

he explains his insight that he thinks the globalists are leading us to nuclear war.

so why would they damage infrastructure deliberately? or blow up fertilizer plants? or set an oil refinery on fire?

in summary, its like this. damaging infrastructure outside of military targets would keep the survivors from rebuilding, or keep anyone from being effective enough to resist "humanitarian" aid from china and russia (by that i mean an active invasion to enforce the globalist one world governemnt, since US will be the enemy and we cant be allowed to reform the govt, because the US is evil and dangerous and pushed the world to the brink of nuclear extinction. never mind that at that point people will just be poking out to rebuild and stay in small city states or independent states with no thoughts of rebuilding a central govt, they still want to use the govts sins as an excuse to crack down on the average citizen)...

thats why they are doing this deliberately, and at the same time, they get to destroy competition or buy out companies they want to own in case they dont have to use nukes...but sometimes they own them already, which is even more disturbing, because if they destroy things that big and already own them, then something bigger is going on...and that something may happen sooner than we think...

like BP spill, was designed to sicken and kill those that remained in louisiana after katrina devastated the economy. those that were left were the kind that would die for their ancestral lands...thats not the kind of people the globalists want around...so they have to be eliminated, or impoverished, or even exposed to chemicals that cause illness...these are sick people that are playing chess with our lives...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join