It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive explosion rocks Detroit refinery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Massive explosion rocks Detroit refinery

rt.com

An oil tank at the Marathon Detroit Refinery has reportedly exploded, forcing a mandatory evacuation order for a nearby area. No injuries have been reported so far.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would like to add more to this but since it just hitting the news online and TV
a few minutes ago, there is little info out yet.

Will keep looking for updates to post.

First responders from Detroit ,Marathon and local fire crews are there but the word is that the fier is too hot to do
much at this time .

I don't know of any Injuries at this time

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-4-2013 by azureskys because: add on

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

from the comments under your source:

Anonymous user April 27, 2013 23:43
Ahhh yes another terrorist attack on our soil that will be reported as an "accident"....

too many random explosions happening lately. hmmm

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hope no one was hurt or worse.

the fire department there said they have not been asked to respond as the explosion took place within the refinery.

detroit.cbslocal.com...
Is this normal? What about the fire reaching beyond the plant?
"marathon" refinery, ironic just a tad?
edit on 27-4-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I know "keep them busy" may be the plan.
It's all so #u@k up.
How do we know what is from inside and what is from outside?
rt.com...

Firefighters at the scene say diesel fuel in a tanker on Fort street is on fire. They have two trucks at the scene streaming water and two trucks streaming foam.

It is unknown if anyone was injured or how the fire started, Pochard said.

A HazMat team from the Detroit Fire Department and Senior Fire Chief Carl Smith are at the scene.

rt.com...

“Police have blocked Fort Street off by I-75 south … oh my goodness … there’s an ambulance out here, a fireman standing outside, you know, it doesn’t look like they are trying to get close. They are not trying to go in there,” one listener told the local radio station

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So there's an explosion at an oil plant with a mandatory evacuation, and the fire department doesn't feel its necessary to check out?

Our FD is all over you if you set off a sparkler!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This guy here has been predicting it and cataloging all these explosions he attributes to hydrogen sulfide or methane plumes...and he says they will continue to rise in frequency and he says more and more of these explosions will start occurring in populated areas...then we'll begin noticing. I think he nailed it.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

That was shortly after it happened.
The refinery has it's own fire teams.
Outside were standing in waiting for call to assist. They are in there now.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What's with all the explosions lately? And the refinery being named "marathon" is kind of odd too. Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but my conspiracy senses are tingling. All I know is that explosions usually incite fear into people, so maybe that has something to do with it?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Ahhh yes another terrorist attack on our soil that will be reported as an "accident"....

Indeed.I don't believe in coincedences either.I'd be trying to find the country or organization who sent them at this point rather than our governments denials.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Good quick find OP. I think it is more of a problem than terrorism. I think a lot of people are making mistakes for some reason. Maybe it's meds they are taking, maybe it is something in the foods or maybe it is because people gave up smoking cigarettes which can actually help some people think better. I'm thinking we have a big problem here in the USA. Awareness has left the country along with rational behavior.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Ok, Rezlooper, this Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis, is a good one, and I have seen it mentioned on ATS before. I will be keeping this in the back of my mind now, if I hear about anymore explosions.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Indeed.I don't believe in coincedences either.I'd be trying to find the country or organization who sent them at this point rather than our governments denials.

That's too bad you don't believe in coincidences because that means you don't believe in chaos or randomness and both are real.

Yes..it sucks this refinery exploded.
Yes..one exploded in Texas recently.

Doesn't mean they were false flags, triggered events or in anyway related.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is at: Detroit Tar Sands Refinery
The controversial site, is a major destination for tar sands oil, and is in Michigan's single most polluted zip code.

The tank that caught fire had diesel fuel inside.

edit on 27-4-2013 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So is April the month of the explosion it like five now

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What's with all the explosions lately? And the refinery being named "marathon" is kind of odd too.

Not really, there is an oil company called Marathon so that's probably what It is.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I never read massive explosion rocks detroit...just a small tank had caught fire and exploded.
Massive explosion, sounds a bit over the top and sensational.

Its not the first time the place has had an accident btw

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Is it an oil refinery owned by Marathon or is it just named marathon? If it's owned by Marathon then I can understand that.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
These accidents will keep happening as our infrastructure keeps crumbling and investments go instead offshore. Not just refineries, but everything else that can go boom. Face it, the equipment is 4 decades old at least and the workers are underpaid and overworked. But the companies make record profits each quarter by bending over the US consumers...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

This is at: Detroit Tar Sands Refinery
The controversial site, is a major destination for tar sands oil, and is in Michigan's single most polluted zip code.

There was a protest there yesterday and today also, as mentioned.
here
edit on 27-4-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join