It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey YOU.... Mister Lurker!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thank you
Glad to finally be *here*

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yeh, right... When I joined ATS I was so earnest and sincere...
I had UFO experiences and paranormal stories to share, how exciting! Not!
99% of the time when I post in an ongoing thread I am ignored and probably 80% of the time I created my own I get 0-5 responses.
If I give a half arsed one line response I get stars and if I start a thread about something inane like relationship issues I get plenty of replies...
I have stopped participating because strangely- for a global online community ATS can be awfully cliquey.
I dont take it personally but it can be frustrating so I have moved on to other sites completely now, I just hover on ATS for some of the great content by other posters.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Here is another problem, a lot of members lurk (not me); they are the ones that killed their flatscreen TV.s and now have to confront the confusion of word speak, although with the amount of videos downloaded on this websight can access/enjoy that prenubial dream. I think its the confrontation of thoughtform WORDS IDEAS; that being your own might come back to haunt you especially if someone expands an idea or confronts you regarding your post (you have to have a response) Its a potencially fearful situation. POST DRUNK in the beginning, you are not driving and not hurting anyone but yourself until you read the thread the next day (not remembering), ease yourself into it. You will be okay; its a learning process, that of your own: ring of fire, gladiator arena, takes a sense of humor and or conviction.

edit on 28-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I lurked for like 2 days before I was like "ok I can't take it anymore somebody has to say something!!!"

i'm sure in response to something I read that made me go..

hehe

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
You forgot to add the bit about less Ads.

Just saying!!

I was thinking the same thing, but guess what...use a program called Adblock. It takes away every single ad there is on the internet even the commercials for youtube

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Lol, GUILTYYYYYYY!!!!
honestly though, I had been a lurker for about a good 5 years on ATS. I was actually in the,
"HistoryChannel.com" forums, in the UFO section, we had our own thing going on there, till one day they re-vamped the website and did away with the forums an thats when I left my little niche to try my hand in these new lands, lol

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am one of 'those'. I started lurking a couple of years ago. I found ATS to be a place to find alternative news so I kept coming back. Finally this year (last month), I became a member. Actually, it wasn't until the last 4 months that have I started commenting on any website or article that I read. It was be partially I did't know how I felt about 'them' knowing how I really felt. I felt safer staying quiet. Recently, I have been making up for all those years of keeping to myself. I have been posting, commenting and replying like there's no tomorrow. Sorry for lurking but thanks for all the info you all share.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

LOL, I am paranoid at times so I keep tape over my camera lens on my laptop. No peek-a-boos here!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
here i am, cannot discuss anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Do you not realize how many paranoid people you just scared away?

LOL, I'm paranoid at times so I keep tape over the camera lens on my laptop. No peek-a-boos here!

crap, I can't figure out how to show who's saying what, forgive me. I also think this is up twice and cant figure out how to delete. I have a lot to learn
edit on 29-4-2013 by gracesillups because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2013 by gracesillups because: conjugation error

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
But I don't wanna buy the record! It's all sticky and crusty, and it smells like cheese! What's that? I don't have a choice? Well, if you insist...

...better be more lurkers join after this. I don't wanna be the only one with a sticky, crusty, and cheesy smelling record.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I lurked for a long time before I joined. *Gets out my giant blue feather and tickles my toes and awaits my slap*

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arles Morningside

*Slap* *Slap* *Slap*

One for each of ya!

Welcome to the club everyone!!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It seems like your plan worked Akragon. You brought out the lurkers.

Now, when do we harvest their brains?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What AKragon said

what you waiting for jump in (the rabbit hole)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I've been lurking for around a year now. This thread finally made me make an account

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I hung around for three years just reading. Was nice to know I wasn't the only loony who has seen and does believe in what others don't.
I made an account the other day and am pretty dam happy.
Now I want a cool avatar like you guys

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by snowbeast1

Try this one,

(quote and copy)

Or go to Avatar Creations

And ask for help.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A lot of us lurkers just use this site more or less as an alternative news outlet.

Life circumstances left me basically addicted to current events around the globe. This is one site of maybe half a dozen I check out every day to get updates on what's going on around the globe. Casually skimming this place constantly provides interesting information, and more importantly, often provides a side of the information that isn't portrayed in the MSM. Sometimes the information here isn't seen in the MSM at all.

Being that I am addicted to current events and interesting news, and being that I have an IQ above room temperature and am familiar with that fact that more "regular" media outlets would not provide me with all the information I desire, I sometimes end up here. And other places. As to why I haven't registered and don't discuss it with you guys? =/

Sometimes I read the discussions that follow whatever story or idea is being discussed. 9 times out of 10 it seems to involve tons of people making sideways remarks about whatever political or religious affiliation they agree or don't agree with. They act very clever about it, too - they throw barbs they know won't get them in trouble, but that still piss off who hears them, and it seems they honestly think nobody sees through this. I honestly just never wanted to get enmeshed in that. I learn what I need to from this place, but I discuss it with people who don't feel the need to inject their opinions into everything being discussed. Not that everybody here does that, but, well...take it from somebody entirely unbiased, it happens enough to prevent me (and you could call me average in the sense that I am probably not alone in this) from wanting to register and get involved, except maybe on a morning like today when I've got an hour to kill before dental surgery and don't mind explaining how I feel.

I still wish you guys all the best and am very grateful for the information presented here and will continue to eat up information from the shadows. Peace guys, and be well.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Why do you care if someone "lurks"?
I am a member but I've noticed that certain members feel the need to say something on every thread, mostly irrelevant babble. Good threads get buried so fast that it makes visiting this site a chore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join