It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Methane Outbreak Alert!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Until about ten years ago, NASA, NOAA and CRU all acknowledged that there has been no warming in the US. But that was before they started tampering with the data.
stevengoddard.wordpress.com...

19 May 08 - (National Post) The Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine (OISM) will announce that more than 31,000 scientists have signed a petition rejecting claims of human-caused global warming.

If honest science had been used in the beginning then there would be less disparaging discourse on the subject.
www.iceagenow.com...

www.iceagenow.com...
QUOTE:
What happens during a "Little Ice Age?" Food-producing land becomes scarcer, food-growing seasons become shorter, and the world becomes a much more arid and less hospitable place. Think food shortages and the social unrest that follows.

Ice age threat should freeze EPA global warming regs

The forces at work behind the global warming regulatory regime have, at worst, covered up, ignored and manipulated climate evidence to make the case that humans cause global warming and therefore humans should be punished.

At best, the mainstream scientific community is continuing to weigh the climate data as it becomes available. Caught in the flux are millions of Americans suffering under an economic tsunami that is anything but a theory.

Despite increasing evidence that "global warming" climate change is not the unified scientific theory it has been promoted to be, vested interests continue to push for stringent limits on carbon dioxide emissions.

Certain investment banks and trading houses that stand to make billions on so-called "carbon credits," and the environmental sociologists who have as a stated purpose to change our way of life, are a powerful bloc. END QUOTE:

So believe what you will there are scientist and arguments on both sides and probably flawed reasoning and science is used by both.

edit on 28-4-2013 by 727Sky because: added video

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Samples are taken from all over the planet. Ice cores from the arctic and antarctic, sea bed cores from all over, lake bed core samples, tree ring samples. It's not like someone found a bubble in a snowball one day and said hey lets make an entire scientific field off this.

Interesting indeed. sounds like a reliable method. In reading through this thread I saw this:

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
1800 ppb is the same as 1.8 ppm is the same as 0.00018% or 1.8/10,000 of one percent. I just have doubts that changing from 1.6 to 1.8 ppm would really make much difference in atmospheric heat absorption.

Sounds like a good point assuming his decimals all line up... Is 0.2 ppm really that big of a deal?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

With Methane, CO2, Chemtrais, Soot, Volcanoes erupting, Ice Caps melting, Europe Falling, Middle East Falling, Terroist, Government clamp downs, Banks amock, World Amock.

Does anyone not think we are coming to a crossroad for Human Civilization?

Personally I see the signs. The ones who don't have had Gold implanted in the brain.

Most all going on is do to man wanting more from the Earth then he was suppose to have.

We are the terror on planet Earth.

Weather is wild and now so is man.

If we are truly doomed I hope it is faster then slower. I suffer enough just like the whole of humanity at the hand of men who are convinced of their own convincing.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

I think there is a possibility that as the oceans warm, and the surfaces rise, the oceans increase their pressure on the continents and the oceanic crust, which might be increasing the numbers of volcanos.

This might be the very reason we see these see all these temperature cycles into ice ages. The Earth warms, large amounts of ice melt increasing oceanic levels, which increases pressure on the Earth's crust, which leads to an increase in volcanic eruptions, which triggers another ice age.

These warm periods typically last about a thousand years, but it looks like man contributed global warming has greatly accelerated the process.

There is evidence that sea levels roses as much as 20 meters within a few decades. This is what we could be seeing in the near future.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

That is what the pseudo science people, paid gobs of money to put out false claims, by the oil companies and ICBs.

Meanwhile, last summer ships started sailing across the Arctic from the Atlantic to the Pacific. That hasn't happened in recorded history.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Thanks Rez for the link.

I don't see any new information, but it looks like more people are aware of this huge problem popping up on the radar screen.

Last I read, Arctic ice began breaking up almost as soon as it formed in February.

Then there is recent news about the spike in the Gulf Stream in 2012, but no info as what the temp is doing right now. I wonder when this added heat will, if it hasn't already happened, hit the Arctic Ocean. I am waiting to see how much information we will get as this situation develops over the summer.

Will we read about observed numbers of plumes of methane coming up from the Arctic, or will this information be withheld. Odds are good that 2013 will set a new record in sea ice shrinkage. There is the possibility that this will have no major impact, but all the evidence points to the probability that this is a huge change coming our way that is beyond biblical.

People want to believe that this will not have any serious impact for a hundred years, but current evidence suggests this could have an extremely serious impact in the next decade.

edit on 28-4-2013 by poet1b because: Typos

I think we'll hear about it, we'll read about it because it's becoming more and more difficult to ignore or cover up. Like you said, finally, people are taking notice. It's already been a record-setting year for so many events and it's only going to get worse. Johnny came on my original Dangerous Gas thread and said that this was not a 100-year thing...he predicted five to ten years as well, and he has been predicting these explosions for the past year. I have to agree with him now that these explosions are getting serious. They're not just homes and boats mysteriously erupting into flames, but warehouses and plants in the oil and gas industry, chemical plants etc...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I used to be firmly in the "Natural Cycle" camp, but lately I have changed my thinking a little. Things like the BP Oil Spill and Fukushima MUST have a drastic affect on all of this as they destabilize the ocean currents. More than anything else it are these currents that influence our weather patterns. Not to mention all of the animals these events kill. This planet is locked in a very delicate ecological balance and we are effing it all up.

Good news though. We won't kill ourselves. We are a pretty resilient species. Once it becomes glaringly obvious we must change directions, the power brokers of this planet will reluctantly cave in and allow tech to be released that can avert all of this. I don't buy into "runaway" climate change that we cannot control.

If we pooled all of our resources, we have the power of Gods.

Let's hope so!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And yet another explosion (collapsed building with deaths) possibly caused by gas leak. This time in France.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I always thought the notion of cow flatulence and piles of cow poo was ridiculous as a methane contributor, but if anyone has ridden through the cow fields/highways in Belize then you know it is not a silly idea. The methane smell is UNREAL. They feed the cows oranges, big piles of fresh and rotten oranges all in the fields and im scared to light a match riding down the road, the cow thing is pretty real if you ask me after that experience.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Perhaps they should ban soda so that we don't fart as much...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Methane= Fast food and consumption over load= Deforestation at an alarming rate worldwide= China and their lack of regulations on factories and pollution= Methane in our atmosphere

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join