It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Marathon Detroit Refinery with Mandatory Evacuation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just now Breaking News!!!

DETROIT (WWJ) – BREAKING – There has been an explosion at the Marathon Detroit Refinery and a mandatory evacuation order is in effect for the area just off of Schafer from Ropp down to Dix and all the way down to Outer Drive per Melvindale police. Reports of the explosion came in from several listeners to WWJ Newsradio 950 just before 6 p.m. and it appears that one of the tankers on the site may have exploded.

detroit.cbslocal.com...

edit on 27-4-2013 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This seems to be a common theme anymore

I hope that everyone is safe!! Thanks for the quick update!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If we lose Detroit could that be a good thing for the United States?

Just saying...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Another source.

Residents are currently being evacuated from streets in nearby Melvindale, according to information on the city’s Facebook page. It is unclear if anyone has been evacuated in Detroit or elsewhere.

Link
edit on 27-4-2013 by ML8715 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75
This seems to be a common theme anymore

I hope that everyone is safe!! Thanks for the quick update!

No, no...It's just better reporting and more news, so we are seeing it more. LMAO! Seriously, you're right and this guy here has been predicting it and cataloging it all...and he says they will continue to rise in frequency and he says more and more of these explosions will start occurring in populated areas...then we'll begin noticing. I think he nailed it.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

edit on 27-4-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Wow, Marathon.....Wow

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Thanks for the link! I will look more into it now.

(I would give you a star but I have no idea how lol
)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Wow, Marathon.....Wow

My thought exactly... WOW
Pretty terrible coincidence [another explosion] and the word 'Marathon'...gives me a very uneasy feeling.
Hope no one got hurt in this.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Besides the name "Marathon" it is the 117th day and this year was the 117th Boston Marathon

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Wow, Marathon.....Wow

Oh I get it, the whole Boston thing...

Well played sir, well played!

Just insensitive

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Thats not insensitive at all. Sorry if it hurts your feelings, that I think it is a mere coincidence that the town was called Marathon. Really?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Does anyone really doubt that we are under attack anymore?
These are not coincidences. It isn't being reported as attack yet because it is all still "spinable", but very soon it will become evident to everyone that this is all a coordinated effort. And this isn't the US Gov, this is our newly created jihadist enemies.

We did this to ourselves, America.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Highly unlikely these explosions are terrorism related. Here is a more plausible theory...

The waters of the Earth are now pluming suffocating methane and deadly hydrogen sulfide, both highly flammable gases.

Ancient anaerobic bacteria and archaea that pre-date oxygen-using life are reassuming dominance on the Earth. As part of their life cycle these bacteria and archaea emit hydrogen sulfide. As a consequence, the oceans, lakes and seas have begun to plume increasing amounts of hydrogen sulfide into the atmosphere. This is an ancient extinction event. Hydrogen sulfide is the likely culprit in many if not all previous planetary extinction events.

Hydrogen sulfide is a deadly broad-spectrum poison. It is lethal to humans with one or two breaths in concentrations of 1 part per thousand. In other words, if the air you breathe is 99.9% clean and 0.1% hydrogen sulfide then you're going to be dead after one or two breaths. It is also a water-soluble gas and will contaminate water. It is a heavier-than-air gas so it will tend to seek out low-lying areas such as rivers, lakes, seas, oceans, valleys, ravines, ditches, quays, bays, gorges, canyons, basements, underground facilities, etc. It is also highly flammable and is reactive with numerous substances, including (but not limited to) copper, rusty iron/steel, nitric acid, and sodium hydroxide.

And more...

At very low concentrations hydrogen sulfide is said to smell like 'rotten eggs'. However, you should not count on being able to smell it at any concentration beyond the trivial as it paralyzes the olfactory sense and if you can smell it at all then the smell will fade rapidly. That does not mean the danger is gone! At medium-high concentrations some people say that it can smell 'flowery' or 'sickeningly sweet'. I have smelled that odor myself, when a septic worker had a sewer lid open and was pumping excrement into the sewer from porta-potties. (I got as far away from there as I could before I took another breath.)

Though it is a heavier-than-air gas, hydrogen sulfide is nevertheless being blown up into the upper atmosphere sometimes, where it is reacting away both the ozone layer and hydroxyl radicals. The loss of the ozone layer will probably eventually result in lethal levels of UV radiation baking the surface of the planet. The rising UV levels are already damaging DNA and RNA and causing increases in the frequency of genetic defects such as albinism and polycephaly (two-headedness) and genetic chimeras.

The loss of hydroxyl radicals means that atmospheric methane will last considerably longer in the atmosphere than it normally would, since hydroxyl radicals would normally mitigate the methane. Which brings me to...

Methane clathrate deposits in the oceans around the world are now dissociating (melting), flooding the atmosphere with increasing amounts of methane, which is a highly flammable odorless gas. Natural gas is primarily comprised of methane. The methane releases alone would probably be enough to eradicate human civilization from the surface of the Earth. This is called the Clathrate Gun Hypothesis.

We are getting both hydrogen sulfide releases and methane releases. This is likely the same scenario that killed off most life on Earth during the Permian-Triassic Extinction Event, also called 'The Great Dying'.

Source

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Listening to the scanners just in case.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by retirednature

Thats not insensitive at all. Sorry if it hurts your feelings, that I think it is a mere coincidence that the town was called Marathon. Really?

smokingman, it gets better, check this out -

Interesting "coincidences" -

A) "marathon"

B) we are currently in Lunation Cycle 1117

www.timeanddate.com...

C) Today is the 117 day of the year.

D) 117th Boston Marathon just occurred.

Either (insert name of ATS debunk Crew here) is right....and all of this is "coincidence"....OR we are seeing proof of the Matrix right before our eyes.

(posted on the other thread)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

Besides the name "Marathon" it is the 117th day and this year was the 117th Boston Marathon

I saw that on Google Earth too, some serious cause and effect/prior art going on with these events.

Suppose today is the last day?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Cool, thanks for the info
Terrorist are not that smart, so id it safe to say it is not terror related?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Anybody got any info here? I am scanning several different scanners out of Wayne County and I haven't heard even a mention of this explosion. Not even on the fire department scanners.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
rt.com...

what the hell is happen.

.people becoming careless around their work sites or is there a bigger picture because this is a coincidence if I have seen one....

This place had a bomb scare in 2011

edit on 27-4-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join