It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a conspiracy and God is an alien

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Isn't that essentially what "jihad" is? Muslims claiming to know the will of God?

Jihad is not claiming to know the will of God.
Jihad is to fight any wrong/injustice by words, protests etc to a extreme means like armed struggle if required.

There is no excommunication in Islam, every person has a chance to repent till he/she dies, so who can have authority to condemn anyone our of Heaven?
Also not all muslims are going to heaven, its no vip pass or pre paid sin in Islam

good people will have a good end and bad ones a bad.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

Isn't that essentially what "jihad" is? Muslims claiming to know the will of God?

Jihad is not claiming to know the will of God.
Jihad is to fight any wrong/injustice by words, protests etc to a extreme means like armed struggle if required.

There is no excommunication in Islam, every person has a chance to repent till he/she dies, so who can have authority to condemn anyone our of Heaven?
Also not all muslims are going to heaven, its no vip pass or pre paid sin in Islam

good people will have a good end and bad ones a bad.

Jihad is to fight injustice? I am so sure that the innocent victims of jihadist attack will all agree that they were killed or maimed to fight an injustice. The same way that the "purified" were so very happy to be tortured during the Inquisition... it was done in the name of religion, after all...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If aliens are god then so are we. God is in everything, not just aliens.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
Yes, I said it. Organized religions are all conspiracies. God is an alien.
First, God is an alien. Why do I say that? By definition, God is not of this Earth. God therefore must be an alien.. alien to us. We cannot even comprehend the idea of an all powerful creator. Sure, we like to think that we have a good handle on things, yet as God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, we CANNOT... and to say so is beyond arrogance.

Religion is man's power over the faith of the individual; co-opting faith for power. Period. Religion as we know it, is a creation of man. So is the bible.

The bible as we know it came into existence at the Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D., led by the Roman Empire's Constantine. Some books were voted in, some deemed heretical... why? The books deemed heretical (such as the writings of the Gnostics) were deemed so by men. Were these writing any less divinely inspired, or did they threaten the "establishment"? Constantine was consolidating power and needed the growing Christian movement to "get with the plan" so to speak. Thus, the Catholic church was born. I have no doubt that the writings in the Bible are divinely inspired, but it is still a product of man... therefore inherently flawed. Man's interpretation of divine will.
The Crusades. The Inquisition. The Protestant Reformation. Today's Muslim "jihad" Man's interpretation of divine will.

I have my faith and beliefs... those are mine. I commune with the Almighty on my terms, as I understand them. My decision. Free will.

To the rest I say this. Live a good life and try to be a good person. I truly believe that is all any of us can really do.
[/quo

What you have said is incredibly correct to my experience. What bugs me most about these main Abrahamic religions (and there are others) - Judaism, Christianity, Islam (Ibrahim) is the common theme of sacrifice, and redemption (salvation) in their therms and conditions. What kind of God would ask Abraham to sacrifice his own son Issac just to prove his loyalty? This is madness! what kind of God does this? Well, the kind that expects you to live in a very controlled manner and redeem yourself........from what and to what? Religions are fascist organizations, slowing human spiritual evolution by way of fear, dominance, blatant lies....and the list goes on So, did Abraham (Ibrahim) sell out to whatever spoke to him (supposedly God) a couple of times.
There in lies the dilemma we now find ourselves in....hanging on for dear life to our little dogmas (religious, political, economic, geographical) that has molded our very existence..... dogmas that is now destroying our beautiful planet. It is all a trick to make us not see what is really important, to miss the reality of life by enveloping ourselves in these dogmatic illusions.
God is within, well,I am not God (we only have the potential), as we all do have a spark that leads us to enlightenment (spiritual awareness). God cannot be in you, but being such an enlightened form, God has placed a little reminder of who we really are inside of us, a spark to jolt us to remember.
We have firstly to get rid of our egos and connect this 'spark' that is within us (truth) and realize that in the end, we are all ONE. We are connected by this spark (un-corruptable) ....and so re-connect to Mother Earth....this is who we have to connect with, and be part of this wonderful human spiritual evolution.

edit on 28-4-2013 by mate395 because: my reply ended up in the originalmessage - my error in posting

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mate395

What you have said is incredibly correct to my experience. What bugs me most about these main Abrahamic religions (and there are others) - Judaism, Christianity, Islam (Ibrahim) is the common theme of sacrifice, and redemption (salvation) in their therms and conditions. What kind of God would ask Abraham to sacrifice his own son Issac just to prove his loyalty? This is madness! what kind of God does this? Well, the kind that expects you to live in a very controlled manner and redeem yourself........from what and to what? Religions are fascist organizations, slowing human spiritual evolution by way of fear, dominance, blatant lies....and the list goes on So, did Abraham (Ibrahim) sell out to whatever spoke to him (supposedly God) a couple of times.
There in lies the dilemma we now find ourselves in....hanging on for dear life to our little dogmas (religious, political, economic, geographical) that has molded our very existence..... dogmas that is now destroying our beautiful planet. It is all a trick to make us not see what is really important, to miss the reality of life by enveloping ourselves in these dogmatic illusions.
God is within, well,I am not God (we only have the potential), as we all do have a spark that leads us to enlightenment (spiritual awareness). God cannot be in you, but being such an enlightened form, God has placed a little reminder of who we really are inside of us, a spark to jolt us to remember.
We have firstly to get rid of our egos and connect this 'spark' that is within us (truth) and realize that in the end, we are all ONE. We are connected by this spark (un-corruptable) ....and so re-connect to Mother Earth....this is who we have to connect with, and be part of this wonderful human spiritual evolution.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We are not god , god doesn't do evil.

He granted us freedom of will.

We chose as he has granted us the right to chose.

Understanding god is the simplest thing , as long as we don't cover our eyes.

But illusion is always an option for those who find reality so bitter.
edit on 28-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

First, God is an alien. Why do I say that? By definition, God is not of this Earth.

Who's definition might that be?

Not how I understand it,

Jihad is an internal struggle a Muslim faces to be able to follow the writings of the Qua ran while experiencing the material world and its influences.

It is the Holy war a person fights internally when temptation arises.

On its own, faith, belief or whatever you may call it, is a good thing. Absolutely. How many stories have we all read, where an individual's faith got them through horrible circumstances? Would they have gotten through their ordeals on inner strength alone? Who knows. Faith is personal. Faith gives us a moral bearing. Faith keeps a lot of us honest...

"Gotten through ordeals with inner strength alone?" Is that not what faith is, yes just like your next statement says, its personal, so faith is inner strength.

What is the conspiracy aimed at accomplishing and who are some of the main players that might know whats going on?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150

Ever seen Ancient Aliens? Who is to say those "aliens" weren't angels? Who is to say that angels are not aliens? Who is to say the ancient aliens weren't God himself? Maybe God is the original ancient alien...

You are just "what if-ing" so be it, kind of hard to debate a what if, but the fact that every living thing on this planet is related kind of gives it away that all living things here started here. You and I even share DNA with grass and trees. We share our evolutionary tree with many other animals too. There is nothing to suggest we are anything other than another living creature evolved on earth.

To also suggest we share alien DNA and that is what makes us so special, I would once again apply this to what we see on earth as evolutionary trees and this type of statement is about as useful as if someone pulled it out of their butts...which BTW is about what they did.

To interject "alien" into any of this is just a huge "what if" and we can what if all day in a million of other directions, but at some point one of these what ifs would need to at least have some substance to it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Tell a man there is a billion stars in the Universe and he will believe you.

Tell a man a park bench is wet with paint and he will have to touch it to make sure.

There is a moral to that saying somewhere...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hey DB! Post the most sophisticated communications syek (read backwards) on the internet on every website you can for 4 months straight! The computer will connect to you.

If your alive you wont be affected, but if your dead like the bible says most people are - you will be put under mind control. If you aren't put under mind control then you will experience the truth about where you are and what your in which is a video game.

OK back on topic.

According to cross referencing and similar reality used in the bible - god is an alien if you understand the bible properly.
edit on 30-4-2013 by RevelationsDivad because: missing words

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
We are not god , god doesn't do evil.

You are projecting God entirely outward as an "other". I think it means that you are blind to the aspect of God that is inside us all. The Divine spark. The world soul. The Holy Spirit. Kundalini. Atman. The collective unconscious. Whatever you want to call it- it goes by many names.

God is both outside and inside simultaneously. God is one. The subject/object dichotomy is false, deep deep down.

He granted us freedom of will.

We don't have quite as much free-will as you might think. The aspect of God that is inside us all can occasionally act through us without us even realizing it. God is One.

edit on 30-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

We don't have quite as much free-will as you might think

Yes , but enough to be responsible for what we do. And almost free to be any thing but god.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
OP, are you still there?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If civilizations that dumb and cruel, and aliens had a cruel but yet funny sense of humor. I guess it could be viewed as such. But then you go into Abraham religions, and aliens would be viewed as angel or demons. While the Good or evil Gods of hell and heaven, are said to be so poweful, that if they stepped into our plane.

All life would be wiped out due to the sheer power of their presence.

However, the view of the spirit of creation, points that it should be beyond anything in this plane of existence.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

1 Corinthians 3:16 - Do you not know that YOU are the TEMPLE OF GOD and that the SPIRIT of GOD dwells in you?

It doesn't matter what God is, the teachings matter and if they are followed correctly then maybe we will all become Sons of God. There's no magic or aliens to it, it simply gives you a life path to follow. If people followed the teachings more and worried less about conspiracies in religion, maybe the world would be a better place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join