It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3mperorConstantinE
reply to post by Bone75

71 bombs or 115 Pressure Cookers.

Or skip all of the damn multi-million dollar nonsense of shutting down a metro city, and just get 10 agents with 1 or 2 tracking dogs (they had Suspect #2's scent by then) and go find him. If the trail leads to a house.
Then raid the ONE house.

Ironically, if the guy in the photo had been just 1 of 10 federal agents deployed, we'd still be having the same conversation.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

ENOUGH!!!!!

The bickering ends now.....
All members please read:

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Failure to abide by the rules will result in posts removals and can include temporary posting bans.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
For all of you making an issue out of this...I think it would have been more awesome if the camera man popped around a corner very close proximity screaming "cheese!!!!" wearing a headscarf covering his face entirely and raising the camera and aiming it at the soldier in very rapid movement. he would have been totally within the constitutions boundaries..and most likely one less above top secret member hahaha.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
For all of you making an issue out of this...I think it would have been more awesome if the camera man popped around a corner very close proximity screaming "cheese!!!!" wearing a headscarf covering his face entirely and raising the camera and aiming it at the soldier in very rapid movement. he would have been totally within the constitutions boundaries..and most likely one less above top secret member hahaha.

There is an Islamic Center a few blocks from my office, there are a lot of people to be seen coming and going from there with headscarves.

Could we expect those citizens to be shot in the event of a lockdown in my neck of the woods?
(Not saying that anyone should be shot, just that people shouldn't be shot because of their religious garb)
edit on 28-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Forgive me if it's already been suggested but that photograph is clearly photoshopped. It looks like a still from a video that showed up shortly after the city was in "lock-down," WITHOUT the guy aiming the gun at the cameraperson.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

...and how does that mean any kind of determination? Inversed stated that the only time soldiers belong on americas streets in full battle rattle would to defend the citizens against FOREIGN SOLDIERS during war.

I guess you're right... we should wait until we see uniformed troops parachuting out of foreign planes.
No that would still be a little too presumptuous. We should wait until they hit the ground speaking Russian before we start shooting. Then again, maybe they came to help us out... let's wait until they start shooting people...

*End Sarcasm*

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

US soldiers sure have no problems pointing their weapons at Iraqi and Afghan civilians.

edit on 28-4-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

most of the pop up targets used in afganistan are wearing headscarfs during training sessions. What if that simple fact made him fire upon the target? I could have said wearing a ninja outfit and popping around the corner...because that too would have been inside the citizens legal rights. The point I was trying to make is it might be a good idea to use common sense if you city was told to be in lock down for an hour. instead of jumping around flexing your cival liberties. But pls go ahead ats members...pls pop around corners pointing things at soliders from dark corners or wearing provocative gear and such...hoping to get a reflex out of a soldier. it will give the rest of us something to talk about.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

I guess I am looking at it from the perspective that we are talking about the US, where some Islamic people wear face coverings as a part of their religiouss dress. It is common sense for them...
Should they expect to be shot? Is it a good plan to shoot unidentified persons that have a camera?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1

I'd just note that doing a thing like that is like driving right into the side of an 18 Wheeler that runs a red light.

There is such a thing as being dead right ...and it's just as dead in the end.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3mperorConstantinE

“Blind accusation”... of what, it being Martial Law Trainee Day?

If that's what you meant then, no, it was not a blind accusation. I used my eyes, plus tactical experience, and made my assessments accordingly.

Thing is, it is nothing more than your opinion. For you to state it as a fact makes it a blind accusation. This was not, in any way, a martial law situation. The military did not take over the city. The military did not relieve anyone of authority. The military was not GIVEN any authority. Therefore, to call it martial law in any way is simply false.

No. Because that is what training is for. To prepare ahead of time, obviously.
Care to back this statement up with any proof whatsoever? Again, to state this *opinion* as fact is nothing but sensationalism.

The unarmed, patriotically-neutured citizens of Boston, Mass had the ‘right of refusal’???
To the armored personal carriers and buses full (yep, buses full) of heavily-armed Federalized paramilitary forces?
They sure did.

I guess because there are no ‘spare’ metropolitan American cities not "in public" for them to practice in.

—>> why erase your previous post?

Funny, they can train for operations in the cities in the middle east before sending troops over there with little to no issues....

----->because I am doing my darndest not to stray off topic, though you all keep trying to drag me there.
edit on 28-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I am deeply saddened by this entire event. I am saddened that anyone harbors so much hate that they would murder the innocent. I am saddened that an American city looked like Quang Tri City in the middle of a war zone. I am saddened that my lifetime of service to this country as soldier, police officer and responsible citizen has accounted for nothing. I have held aTop Secret Crypto security clearance with the Army Security Agency(now part of Military Intelligence), I've been on a Presidential Security detail, I've been shot, stabbed and have had to fight for my life more than once in those years of service. I have sworn an oath to defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights that seven generations of my ancestors have fought for and sometimes died defending. I tell you this so you understand that I have faced death, I have paid my dues and earned the right to speak my mind.
No argument from me, just my observations.
What happened in Watertown was absolutely, indefensibly, an egregious violation of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. THAT was pure Berlin circa late 1930's. Geheime Staatspolizei, anyone?
Americans do NOT cower on lockdown. Americans go get the SOBs responsible for the carnage. THAT is how citizens in a free country support the Police.
Police Officers NEVER EVER point a tactical weapon at an unknown target. You can go be tacti-cool at the range, out on the streets only the serious and sincere are needed. If you are so damned afraid of getting shot, stay your chicken-# ass home.
I would give that same advice to ANYONE who thinks that their life is more important than the Rights that others have paid for with their own. No room on the bus for cowards or traitors.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

My feelings are that lens glare is the last thing a lot of guys see before a bullet whizzes through their brain ..

I also think troops were a total overreaction .

Better advice would be Dont Scare The Guys With The Guns !

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Clear evidence that "OUR Soldiers" are ready and willing to turn against their own people
edit on 28/4/2013 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

Good Point.

It has been asked many times on this board, if the police and military would turn on their own citizens.
After reading this thread, there is no doubt in my mind that they would have no problem doing just that if ordered by the government to do so.

All they would have to do is say there is a "terrorist" at such and such area, even if it is one man with a gun and magazine clip. Then hundreds of jackboots would descend on the scene in glee, motioning their weapons toward citizens houses as if they were in Falluja ready to light the first citizen on fire if they do not comply.

Some of the members repeated what they have heard police say they are acquainted with or work with, and it was made clear they would have no hesitation in shooting their own mother in such an instance.

What has happened here sets a bad precedent in the what used to be the "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Is this America?
edit on 28-4-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Americans fear government more than terror

www.wnd.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I read upto page six, so i'm not completely oblivious about whats been said. a couple of points though.

I've read articles that mentioned the posse comitatous act was in fact infringed, but when i wikied the act it does excuse the national guard, reserves, and coast guard.

First question: who cares? If you have the exact same kind of training as AD (active duty) and the same toys, who gives a rip if its natl guard or ad? I'm serious, whats the diff other than "the letter of the law"?

Second, as another poster already said, what the heck happened to respect? I know its hard cause of the testosterone & all but these are your fellow citizens! You know the whole "hearts & minds thing" from the ME? Maybe they should have some AD there just so they can educate some cops and say "Hey buddy, you wanna make more recruits like the ones your hunting? Keep acting like a douche then."

I tried to use the Donner case earlier this week as an example, on a christian talk show, pointing out why the Boston bombing and Martial Law aspect only got a day's attention, it SHOULD last all week. (I know its not "martial law" but if it looks, quaks, smells...) The response? He was a rude ass, it was his show dang it. etc etc.

Lastly, mad props to the ex SF member for going "soft" and not raging out on innocent human beings in the M.E. That's how you get it done. If you want MORE headaches, and future terrorists, by all means, go in hard, kill ppl, and blow # up. How'd that work for us? At least this guy gets it.

Here's the obvious follow up question; sure the cops CAN and HAVE got away with murder, but will it ever enter their minds that eventually someone is gonna get tired of this # and we just might actually have home grown terrorists if they keep this kind of behavior up? Just throwing it out there.

Tinfoil hat bonus: Do you think that's the idea?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

A scenario like red dawn would never happen, I understand your being sarcastic, but seriously, we would know first hand if a foreign military set foot on american soil...AND if an when they do, we will be ready for them, if we had'nt stop them before they crossed into country. As far as the cops being militarized, there NOT military, nor do they have the continuous active duty training an battle hardened response to deal with an actual military engagement should they try to stand up to actual service members. A typical cops day is tough, I get it, but they are no means "soldiers" an therefore should leave the big toys for the big boys.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Thing is, it is nothing more than your opinion. For you to state it as a fact makes it a blind accusation. This was not, in any way, a martial law situation. The military did not take over the city. The military did not relieve anyone of authority. The military was not GIVEN any authority. Therefore, to call it martial law in any way is simply false.

*Sigh*
Listen. You, yourself, Mr. captaintyinknots, are writing in a manner, right this instant, which is called [color=#a0d060]colloquial speech. That is what everyone here is doing. This is not a legal memorandum nor a scientific journal.
Trust me, when (colloquial) “martial law” is ever implemented, it will not at all match up to its post-Civil War formal-language definition.
In colloquial usage, people use the term "martial law" to refer to:

militaristic rule being placed over regions on the basis of some severe emergency or another -- and not necessarily involving military tribunals and military personnel taking over civilian authoritiy positions required for minimal functioning of a society.

Originally posted by 3mperorConstantinE

No. Because that is what training is for. To prepare ahead of time, obviously.

Care to back this statement up with any proof whatsoever? Again, to state this *opinion* as fact is nothing but sensationalism.

Back up the statement about training?
It is simply the definition of ‘training’...what more could you want?
Me to mail you a dictionary?
Sure, give me your address, and while you're waiting for USPS, go take a break and read
Research Report 1716 (MOUT) --and then review the events in Boston immediately prior and during lockdown and see if they resembled military operations in an urban terrain.
^colloquially, where it says “military” read as “National Guard, DHS, SWAT, Federalized paramilitary forces

They sure did [color=#c3abdc](have the ‘right of refusal’) because I am doing my darndest not to stray off topic, though you all keep trying to drag me there.

Then get some rest man.
You have posted a comment on this thread at an average rate of one every 12 minutes since last night, minus exactly one 12 hour break—

edit on 28-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by inverslyproportional

US soldiers sure have no problems pointing their weapons at Iraqi and Afghan civilians.

edit on 28-4-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Ummm, yea, you got that damned right. From your post I can tell you've never been in those hostile situations. At any moment some of those "civilians" can turn on you, no matter how much you try to rationalize it, you won't get it, no matter how much I tell you, yes, some are genuinely just trying to get by, but the best kind of killer is the one you don't suspect. This kind of thinking of yours can only be solved if you decide to join the service and see for yourself. You go ahead an lift that barrel and the moment you turn your back, that'll be all she wrote.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join