It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

If the cops lock down my neighborhood, drive a Humvee down my street and point their guns at every person that pulls a curtain back, they will be pointing guns at a lot of people , and a lot of them will be curious children.

Another poster figured that I would be a bad parent if my child looked out the window in that situation.
I figure if my kids are locked up with me in our house for hours and hours... they might just peek out the freaking window while my single parenting arse is cooking a meal for them.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You are not giving any thought to the other perspective. How are they to know that there is not a man behing the door with a gun to your head telling you to say its all good?

And if they have to post someone at your door because you want to prove you dont have to let them in, thats one less officer able to be out looking for that actual criminal. So that you can make a point.

ive said it so many times, and Ill say it again: If you are opposed to cooperating with the police in any situation, no matter what, you are no better than them.

Some times we have to work together.

You are one contrary-Mary character aren't ya?

Just admit it, after cheering "U-S-A!!! B-P-D!!!!" in Logan Sq., you would cut right to the front of the line and be the 1st to shine some authoritarian boot.

How are they to know that there is not a man behing the door with a gun to your head telling you to say its all good?

Newsflash Cap’n —> there are dangerous criminals and psychopaths on the loose 24/7/365 in every city on the planet. They could be behind any door you look at. This situation did not require 9k a$$holes pounding on people's doors.

Lord, you know, I really hope that you're getting paid to write this prolifically, because if you are doing it for free – I mean c’mon matey, to what end?

Qty not Qlty or so it goes, I guess

And Ill return fire, why I am at it: Why is it so hard for some to realize that sometimes it is a GOOD thing to cooperate with the government?

edit on 28-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 3mperorConstantinE

You are one contrary-Mary character aren't ya? Just admit it, after cheering "U-S-A!!! B-P-D!!!!" in Logan Sq., you would cut right to the front of the line and be the 1st to shine some authoritarian boot.

Funny, thats almost word for word the same thing said by another poster who magically disappeared from this thread...hmmm....

Ad homs get you nowhere, nor do lies or blind accusations.

Newsflash Cap’n —> there are dangers criminals and psychopaths on the loose 24/7/365 in every city on the planet. They could be behind any door you look it. This situation did not require 9k a$$holes pounding on people's doors.
Sure are. Whats your point? I have stated all along that his was an overreacted by law enforcement. Please, do try and keep up

Lord, you know, I really hope that you're getting paid to write this prolifically, because if you are doing it for free – I mean c’mon matey, to what end? Qty not Qlty or so it goes, I guess
ahh, the old paid shill accusation. When all else fails, accuse them of being a paid shill. Quality.

If you can refute anything that I have posted, by all means, do so. Otherwise, I ask that you refrain from attempting to derail the topic with this type of tripe....from here on out Ill simply report it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

And Ill return fire, why I am at it: Why is it so hard for some to realize that sometimes it is a GOOD thing to cooperate with the government?

I take it by this response that you do not think it is ever okay to cooperate with your government?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Arnie123

If the cops lock down my neighborhood, drive a Humvee down my street and point their guns at every person that pulls a curtain back, they will be pointing guns at a lot of people , and a lot of them will be curious children.

Another poster figured that I would be a bad parent if my child looked out the window in that situation.
I figure if my kids are locked up with me in our house for hours and hours... they might just peek out the freaking window while my single parenting arse is cooking a meal for them.

I completely understand where you are coming from, its in mans nature to naturally curious, you are right, there will be plenty of flagging, but to suggest your a bad parent because the city is locked down an your child just decides to look out the window is taking it too far, I'd still look out the window, hell I might even have the curtains an blinds pulled back an walk around butt naked.
I know the situation is tense, but if you ever went thru the training of maintaining security, especially in an open position like the gunners hatch, you'll be paranoid too, in iraq an afghan, the gunners hatch was a death trap, open target waiting for the pickings. Pay no attention to these other posters, who are they to question your parenting, they obvisiously have no children an not understand the curiousity of human nature, ironic being thats what this site is part of, for the curious who like to think outside the box.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Funny, thats almost word for word the same thing said by another poster who magically disappeared from this thread...hmmm....

That's probably because I'm not the only one thinking it.

Sure are. Whats your point? I have stated all along that his was an overreacted by law enforcement. Please, do try and keep up

No.
But if you think that writing 3-dozen posts defending the overreaction of LEO is clearly stating that your view is that it was an overreaction of LE…then I guess you can say that. But that doesn't make any sense, honestly.

ahh, the old paid shill accusation. When all else fails, accuse them of being a paid shill. Quality.

Not accusatory. I honestly mean that I hope you are a paid shill. For your financial well-being, that is. No offense meant.

Otherwise, I ask that you refrain from attempting to derail the topic with this type of tripe....from here on out Ill simply report it.

Don't threaten to Narc — go do it.
I stand by my words written above.
Hell, tell me how to do it and I'll "report" myself.

~E.C.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

edit on 28-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I take it by this response that you do not think it is ever okay to cooperate with your government?

Take it however you want.
But no, I do not consider it a GOOD thing to cooperate with the USGov when it comes to Martial Law Trainee Day…

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3mperorConstantinE

Take it however you want.
But no, I do not consider it a GOOD thing to cooperate with the USGov when it comes to Martial Law Trainee Day…
Thats not what I said. Again, do try to keep up.

Also, a little light reading re: martial law. This was certainly not that.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

…and do try to read.

Here, I'll make it bold for your reading ease:

Martial Law Trainee Day.

As in, looks like Martial Law, because they're getting in some training for it.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

edit on 28-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: clarification

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Thats the easiest question in this thread to answer.

The only time "soldiers" armed for combat need to be on the streets of any American city is when we are at war, invaded by a foreign army, and actually fighting for the freedom of the people.

And how long should we wait to make that determination? After 10 bombs have gone off? 100?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3mperorConstantinE
reply to post by captaintyinknots

…and do try read.
Here, I'll make it bold for your reading ease:
Martial Law Trainee Day
Oh dont worry, I read your blind accusation. Problem is, it is simply baseless and untrue. If this was training for martial law, wouldnt they have wanted to train in a true martial law situation? And not one where people still have the right of refusal?

Furthermore, if martial law was the plan, why would they train in such a public way?

Just silliness.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

71 bombs or 115 Pressure Cookers.

Or skip all of the damn multi-million dollar nonsense of shutting down a metro city, and just get 10 agents with 1 or 2 tracking dogs (they had Suspect #2's scent by then) and go find him. If the trail leads to a house.
Then raid the ONE house.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You mean WHAT IF someone was in my house? I am not out to make a name for myself, or impress, I just don't want ANYONE comming in my house with a gun scaring my children, Is that bad?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Thats the easiest question in this thread to answer.

The only time "soldiers" armed for combat need to be on the streets of any American city is when we are at war, invaded by a foreign army, and actually fighting for the freedom of the people.

And how long should we wait to make that determination? After 10 bombs have gone off? 100?

...and how does that mean any kind of determination? Inversed stated that the only time soldiers belong on americas streets in full battle rattle would to defend the citizens against FOREIGN SOLDIERS during war.
10 or 100 bombs going off is'nt going to make any determination of soldiers in full battle, maybe EOD, but add fuel to arrogant cops patrolling the streets, the new tsa of the streets so to speak. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this domestic terrorism is it now? Domestic being the key word...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
No one has anything to fear, unless you are a tyrant.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
No one has anything to fear, unless you are a tyrant.

Only a tyrant would order a foot long on wheat with olives an onions wearing red an blue spandex, yuck!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

DHS is funding the purchase of military gear by Bay Area police departments. Critics of the program say the money allocated for the war on terror is blurring the line between local law enforcement focusing on crime fighting and soldiers fighting in an enemy war zone.

It's DHS

Interesting. So in order for the Federal Government to get around that little pesky problem of no military on the streets, they have taken a loophole and have been militarizing the police for the last 10+ years.

In United States constitutional law, police power is the capacity of the states to regulate behavior and enforce order within their territory for the betterment of the health, safety, morals, and general welfare of their inhabitants.[1] Under the 10th Amendment to the United States Constitution, the powers prohibited from or not delegated to the Federal Government are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

The police is a state matter, but the federal government have made it their business with DHS and other loopholes.

Furthermore:

Controversies over the exercise of police power, particularly the use of physical means, arise when its exercise by the federal government conflicts with the rights of the states or when its exercise by federal or state authorities conflicts with individual rights and freedoms.

Police powers are, from the point of view of state courts, also restricted by state constitutions. The concept of police power is used by federal courts which do not have jurisdiction to interpret state constitutions: from the point of view of federal constitutional law, states have general police powers except where restricted by the federal Constitution.

Because the Congress has limited powers granted in the Constitution, the Federal government does not have a general police power, as the states do. The exceptions are laws regarding Federal property and the military; the Federal government was also granted broad police powers by the Interstate Commerce Act of 1887.

edit on 28-4-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ivbnu

Sorry that was meant for capt.
I'm still curious what do you think about the whole thing?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Oh dont worry, I read your blind accusation. Problem is, it is simply baseless and untrue.

“Blind accusation”... of what, it being Martial Law Trainee Day?

If that's what you meant then, no, it was not a blind accusation. I used my eyes, plus tactical experience, and made my assessments accordingly.

If this was training for martial law, wouldnt they have wanted to train in a true martial law situation?

No. Because that is what training is for. To prepare ahead of time, obviously.

And not one where people still have the right of refusal?

The unarmed, patriotically-neutured citizens of Boston, Mass had the ‘right of refusal’???
To the armored personnel carriers and buses full (yep, buses full) of heavily-armed Federalized paramilitary forces?

Furthermore, if martial law was the plan, why would they train in such a public way?

I guess because there are no ‘spare’ metropolitan American cities not "in public" for them to practice in.

—>> why erase your previous post?

edit on 28-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: HINT: t‘was erased cuz Da Cap'n didn't want anyone to know he summoned the MOD on the next page ...

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join