It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Honestly he could have been aiming his gun in order to use a scope? Maybe he wanted to get a closer look to be sure it wasn't the terrorist hiding out.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Warning all ATS Members are Targets, Watch out we may come for you. Ops i mean Them
Super info here that they don't want you yo know. They watching you, Watch out what you type they may add your name to the target list.Since ATS was targeted site by them.

Yeah so for pics/videos/sentence\info/ ect... You may get you shot.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Nicks87

I must be confused, the posts that I read, of yours, seemed like you had no problem with it and you seemed to be justifying it.

All I know is, I dont want to see up-armored humvees rolling through the streets of America, with turret gunners pointing weapons at photographers and searching for "SUSPECTS".

I just shows that some police officers and federal agents are more than willing to treat Americans like armed combatants in a warzone...

..and that is NOT ok.... At all.

Yes, you must be confused, as I have done no such thing. I have advocated the idea that without context, all of this reaction to a picture is OVER reaction. Its ALL hypothetical postulating, and nothing more.

I dont want to see that either. Sometimes, though, there are events that require a stronger response. As I have already said, this was a VERY unique event.

I dont see anybody being treated like an armed combatant in a warzone, and that is the exact type of sensationalism that I keep talking about in this thread. It is an emotional reaction, devoid of logic and rationality.

Just say you love the govt and love licking boots. No need for all this posturing.

I see where you are comming from.

Fear, does that to people.

Fear, that there is opposition to big daddy govt.

Fear, that if people wake up and stop believing the lies, the govt will collapse and not be there to protect you anymore.

It's ok, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by 3mperorConstantinE

I would prefer to deal with the 19 year old kid with the crock pots and the stolen gun hiding in my backyard shed, rather than see g'damned troops barreling down residential city streets in my neighborhood.
I'm not asking the 5-0 for any protection or help. Don't want it and I don't need it, and everyone I know feels exactly the same. That's just not how we do things.

If the 19 year old wants to try to break into my home, then that'll be his problem.

I don't want heavily-armed DHS/FBI/BPD/SWAT/N.Guard. fellas aiming their damned weapons in my open windows, shouting to shut them, and "shelter in place!", or "Get your hands up! Move! Move! Move!" as innocent people are emptied from their residence.

F—that.
They were looking for young, urban dwelling people here America.
They weren't hunting down the the Fallujah Brigade.

Ten FBI agents could have remedied this situation faster.
There is no excuse for this costly exercise which runs roughshod over the long-established principles of personal Liberty in this country.

Would you feel the same way if it were 5 bombs? 50? At what point do you think it would be "acceptable" to unleash the big dogs?

Thats the easiest question in this thread to answer.

The only time "soldiers" armed for combat need to be on the streets of any American city is when we are at war, invaded by a foreign army, and actually fighting for the freedom of the people.

Not any other time ever, as making even a single exception, will only result in the .gov jumping at the chance to use the exception, at the first chance they get.

I repeat, armored troops, and armored military troop carriers, and full automatic weapons, and door to door searches, and locked down cities etc, are only ever acceptable during an actual war, no other time ever!!!!!!

PERIOD

END OF SENTENCE

FULL STOP

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

And with that, I think it is time for me to take my leave from this thread. I find myself having to repeat the same things over and over to the newer posters in the thread who cant bother to read through it, and I am a bit tired of dealing with the ad homs, the lies, the sensationalism, etc.

I hope some of you, at some point, are able to take a deep breath, take a step back, and look at the WHOLE situation.

When people take a deep breath, take a step back, and look at the whole situation what they see is this, in sequence too..

1)draconian gun laws were attempted to pass

2)enormous ammunition shortages because both people and government hoarding ammo.

3)boston marathon is bombed and entire city is ordered to stay home, or take the risk of going out on their own, and all for two suspects.

Any logical person would become suspicious, because it all happened with a 6 month period! No need to be a diehard conservative either. Just logical/reasonable.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Saying full stop you were trained. You know what I'm talking about.

link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

And with that, I think it is time for me to take my leave from this thread. I find myself having to repeat the same things over and over to the newer posters in the thread who cant bother to read through it, and I am a bit tired of dealing with the ad homs, the lies, the sensationalism, etc.

I hope some of you, at some point, are able to take a deep breath, take a step back, and look at the WHOLE situation.

When people take a deep breath, take a step back, and look at the whole situation what they see is this, in sequence too..

2)enormous ammunition shortages because both people and government hoarding ammo.

3)boston marathon is bombed and entire city is ordered to stay home, or take the risk of going out on their own, and all for two suspects.

Any logical person would become suspicious, because it all happened with a 6 month period! No need to be a diehard conservative either. Just logical/reasonable.

1)They were not ordered to stay home. They were asked.

2)Being suspicious is one thing. Making things up and participating in sensationalism and extreme, knee-jerk reaction are quite another.

link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Honestly he could have been aiming his gun in order to use a scope? Maybe he wanted to get a closer look to be sure it wasn't the terrorist hiding out.

Isnt that what binoculars are for?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by kosmicjack

Ok.

How would you go about catching a potentiality dangerous terrorist who has no regard for human life whatsoever and has killed on two occasions that is at large in an urban area and may have access to explosives and possible accomplices?

Remember, you have no clue where he is at all, except for a general area, no idea what his motives are and what equipment he has at his disposal.

There's a pretty heavy-duty scenario. How do you solve it?

So does that excuse work for Bush invading two countries to find one guy?

If it takes 9000 cops to find 2 would be terrorist's seems "Bush would be vindicated".

Silly me of course not.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Just say you love the govt and love licking boots. No need for all this posturing.

Weren't you the one claiming I was going to use straw man arguments?
I do thank you though, for continuing to prove me right about your kind.

I see where you are comming from. Fear, does that to people.

SO, in your mind, the people saying "oh my god, the gubmint is coming for YOU!" are rational, and those of us saying "take a deep breath, people" are living in fear? Does water start fires where you live?

Fear, that there is opposition to big daddy govt.

Fear, that if people wake up and stop believing the lies, the govt will collapse and not be there to protect you anymore.

Again,

It's ok, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.
Then why are you so afraid of the government?
edit on 28-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

During the blizzard we were "asked" to stay home to. But we were told if we were out driving we could face a year in jail. I called the local cops and asked if he was really going to arrest me if I went to the store ( it was still early but "request" had gone out) he said yes and i could deal with it in court, so thats your option when they "ask" you to comply. Do it or be arrested great choice.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
reply to post by captaintyinknots

During the blizzard we were "asked" to stay home to. But we were told if we were out driving we could face a year in jail. I called the local cops and asked if he was really going to arrest me if I went to the store ( it was still early but "request" had gone out) he said yes and i could deal with it in court, so thats your option when they "ask" you to comply. Do it or be arrested great choice.
And I had a huge issue with that. A HUGE issue.

Hardly a comparable scenario here. Can you provide any evidence that anyone was arrested for leaving their home in boston?

link   

2)Being suspicious is one thing. Making things up and participating in sensationalism and extreme, knee-jerk reaction are quite another.

"sensationalism and extreme, knee-jerk reaction"

Yep that pretty much sums up the entire bombing incident.

More people are killed in Chicago every week but do we get the same response from the media, govt and police?

Nope. They only care when there is a chance to politicize the incident or ram tyranny down our throats.

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by gladtobehere

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Clearly, the photographer was using his camera, was that his crime, taking a pic?

No one said there was a crime. Was the photographer arrested?

Your title is actually very good advice. If your town is on lock-down and there's a military presence in the street outside your house, it's a REALLY good idea to stay away from the doors and windows. Any movement under these circumstances is going to attract the powerful end of a weapon. It's common sense. They were looking for an armed and dangerous man. Don't give them any reason to think you might be him.

Or, one could not go inside, grab a lounge chair and sit on one's own private property and lawn.

"Go inside! Get back in your residence!" Excuse me? Go inside? This is my private property. I can sit here if i want.

I for one won't be cowering with the curtains pulled shut and hop skip jumping to the police state.

ETA:

Dang, 26 pages already? Nevermind, lol.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Arguing semantics?

Who is making things up? What exactly do you consider martial law? How much more extreme does it have to be? Must there be 10, 20, 50, 80,138 armored personel carriers? Must there be marines or army or rangers or seals or police or who exactly?

All for two people, apparently with no guns, no IEDs, nothing... EPIC FAIL

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

"sensationalism and extreme, knee-jerk reaction" Yep that pretty much sums up the entire bombing incident.
Yes it does, from all sides. We have the cops and the state that overreacted, and we have the people overreacting now.

More people are killed in Chicago every week but do we get the same response from the media, govt and police?
Personally, I dont want this type of reaction to anything, and I am not sure why you would.

Nope. They only care when there is a chance to politicize the incident or ram tyranny down our throats.

I dont disagree. As I have said many times, this reaction was political and psychological.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Nicks87

Weren't you the one claiming I was going to use straw man arguments?
I do thank you though, for continuing to prove me right about your kind.

My kind? You mean people who love freedom and dont want our constitutional rights trampled on?
edit on 28-4-2013 by Nicks87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Wow. When close to 50% of a website like ATS thinks it's a good idea to hide in your home and don't dare look out a window because the streets are crawling with military presence and guns are pointed at you just for taking a picture, then I know that the end of this country as it once was is dangerously near.

I'm so darned tired of the argument that "nobody was forced out of their homes, it was voluntary". What a steaming pile of bovine excrement. You get a bunch of trigger happy guys in full military gear pointing an automatic weapon in your face, you're probably going to let them do whatever. If you said no and closed the door on their face, how much you wanna bet they're gonna knock that door down, knock you down to the floor, tase you or even worse if you resist in your own home, and then trash the place because you "acted suspicious".

I don't care WHAT the reason is: Terrorist bomber, gang member, killer, drugs, whatever. There are rights which were, until the last 10 years, held sacred in this country, and made us great. Those rights are now being trampled, and a bunch of government apologists want us to obey and to cower, while we lick the boot that's stomping on our neck.

I'll be damned before I agree with what is happening. If you want to be powerless cattle, then you are part of the destruction. Some people will always have Stockholm Syndrome, and worship their captors.

They should be embarrassed to call themselves Americans.

My opinion only but the above is one of the best worded posts in this thread.......
Read it slow and and read it twice it says what I think the majority of us are thinking or wanted to say.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Arguing semantics?

nope, stating a fact. Orders and requests are not semantically linked. They are two VERY different words.

Who is making things up? What exactly do you consider martial law? How much more extreme does it have to be? Must there be 10, 20, 50, 80,138 armored personel carriers? Must there be marines or army or rangers or seals or police or who exactly?

Any one in this thread that makes ANY claims about this picture is making things up.

I consider it to be martial law when the military takes over rule of an area. This was not the case here.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Some were Ordered into their houses, yes. Fact. Yelling "Get back inside" with a drawn weapon is an order.

Those (the initial lockdown order) who were "asked" to stay home, what do you really think would have happened if they hadn't? Detained, roughed up, cuffed, arrested, questioned. Maybe even eventually charged (with something, cops are charge happy about most anything they can), just for causing a headache.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join