It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior9970

I would think that its people in their homes.

trigger happy cops/soldiers that shoot at anything that moves is more dangerous than the so-called terrorist.

Ive read no reports of civilians being shot in Boston.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

I understand that and don't envy them. Some what off topic but I blame the court system which has made police work difficult and demorlized them. However thier mission has changed and is no longer protecting us just ask the supreme court

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu

I understand that and don't envy them. Some what off topic but I blame the court system which has made police work difficult and demorlized them. However thier mission has changed and is no longer protecting us just ask the supreme court

You better believe every police officer thinks about lawsuits before he pulls that trigger.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You keep on bringing that up, so the definition of responsibility being a member of society is what captaintyinknots deems necessary? You are reaching on that one - not everyone thinks like you do (at least there is some hope left)

I said nothing of the sort. I said that we have responsibilities in society. What those responsibilities are is up to each person. Id suggest, though, that the idea that some have, that is, that it is their responsibility to do the opposite of what police, or government, or any authority says NO MATTER WHAT is extremely dangerous, and is no better than what they claim to be opposing.

link   

reply to post by Bone75

Why does everyone act like there was bombs going off everywhere? After the first kid was killed there was no more round fired or bombs set off. Granted they were unaware of wether he was armed or not but it didn't seem to be anymore dangerous than oh say down town chicago where the police don't want to go anymore not that I blame them.

If it were my 8 year old child that had been killed in that explosion, I wouldn't care if the Army tore that whole f***ing city down looking for the son of a bitch that did it. My guess is...

You wouldn't either

link   
reply to post by ivbnu

He was on a watch list.

No, he wasn't. His older brother (already dead at this point) was on a watch list.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Here's a question for those that have a huge issue with this pic:

What would you do if the shoe was on the other foot?

You are part of a tactical team tasked with catching someone who is willing to kill a lot of people. You are clearing a street. Suddenly, you see the curtain on a window pull back. You see a shadow of a figure through it. That figure raises something to eye level, pointed right at you.

Would you assume "oh, its just some guy taking a picture", or would you think "it is possible this is the suspect. I need to have him in my sights until I know it is safe".

I mean really. Lets think for a second people.

No. They shouldn't even be on the street to begin with. So, your point is invalid to begin with.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Right they were scared of dying thats no way to go to battle. that gets you killed. The fact that they wre arount civilians means they should be MORE careful not less.

link   
reply to post by ivbnu

Who is in danger more in that picture?

The person looking out of that window who was identified and not fired upon by the trained guy with the gun, OR, the guy with the gun who, after assessing that situation and correctly calling it, then has to move on and face countless other situations over and over again and make those calls.

See... the person looking out of the window is - when it boils down to it - inconvinienced. Scared maybe at worse.

The guy with the weapon is putting his life on the line every single second he's out there to make sure that the person who was momentarily inconvinienced isn't blown to pieces by some jackass with a homemade bomb who has already killed people, by trying to actually catch the terrorist.

I'd say he's more in danger, wouldn't you?

link   
libertyfirewall.com...

Wow shelter in place lifted in Virginia, right on shedule, just make em mad enough to allow a rogue government to bypass the constitution and due process of law, and allow murder by fascist drones.

This will cost everyone in income, in businesses, in programs being available.

Its insane for anyone to allow them to be doing this manipulation on you.

Look at your child's face, then take a look at their mug shots and really decide, who's future matters the most.

And stand up for liberty!!!1

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Right they were scared of dying thats no way to go to battle. that gets you killed. The fact that they wre arount civilians means they should be MORE careful not less.

That's just the name of the game. You are always afraid unless you are crazy.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I object to the police deciding what is "dangerous" to me. I guess I just don't scare easily. Unless its an scared #less cop pointing a automatic rifle at me. They owe nothing to me why should I owe them?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Yes, it's always been taught finger on the trigger unless you intend to shoot. However, it's a unique situation and it should be treated as such. Nerves and human emotions can do a lot to how you act when you're afraid of dying.

Every situation is unique, and yes emotions and adrenaline cause things to happen much different than wanted and expected.

Which is where training comes in, when trained correctly, your mind wont act, your training will. You will not place a finger on the trigger unless your going to fire, you will not point your weapon unless your sure of a target, or at least within reason, of course one may mistake a person for the guy their looking for, but in an instant they correct their mistake.

I have seen enough pics and vids now, that I am reasonably sure, the LEOs were pointing weapons at folks, and had fingers on triggers as a rule, not an exception.

If it was only once or twice, I would have let it slide, but it is many times, and many of those times, the LEOs dont point at a person, and then move the weapon away, they are keeping them trained on the folks.

This means they are either not trained, or were trained to do so.

Both are FUBAR, google it if you dont know what FUBAR means.

This looks like somthing from nazi germany or NK, not an American suburb, this was messed up.

I am not saying that it wasnt necessary to find this guy fast, or that he didnt do it, or that he is innocent, or that people werent hurt and or killed.

I am saying they were way over the top, beyond any need, and they endangered every single one of those people with poor discipline and jack booted thug tactics, that belong in a bad mad max type movie, or a 3rd world country.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ok sorry his brother was. FBI could have still went to see what they were doing that morning. It should have been a non event

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
Not to speak for the wrabbit, but I believe he is alluding to the fact they are pointing weapons, fingers on triggers, at every civie they see, both giant no nos for anyone trained properly.

And where is the proof that they were pointing weapons at every civie they see? This is ONE person and we cannot see the person behind the camera, nor do we know the circumstances of this incident. Did the photographer yell something? Did he pop up like a sniper? We don't know. It seems we have to assume a LOT to come to the conclusion that they were pointing weapons, fingers on triggers, at every civie they see.

... never insert your finger into the trigger housing unless your squeezing off rounds

And what makes you think his finger is in the trigger housing?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

Why does everyone act like there was bombs going off everywhere? After the first kid was killed there was no more round fired or bombs set off. Granted they were unaware of wether he was armed or not but it didn't seem to be anymore dangerous than oh say down town chicago where the police don't want to go anymore not that I blame them.

You are right, it's because they didn't know. I like you man, hopefully you are having a good day.

Awh how cute... a budding bromance.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Oh I know what FUBAR is. You can't train for every scenario, you know that. A lot of these cops probably didn't expect to have bombs thrown at them either. It takes you out of your game when you go from chasing a common criminal to chasing a terrorist lobbing bombs at you. I didn't say it was right, but I can see why they were so jumpy, especially after one of their own was shot in the head.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

They rolled out tanks?

It amazes me that I'm arguing with people who don't know the difference between an armored vehicle and a freaking TANK!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

reply to post by Bone75

You are right, it's because they didn't know. I like you man, hopefully you are having a good day.

Awh how cute... a budding bromance.

Just nice to remember it's another person. Even if I don't agree with them it's no reason to become snarky, like so many on ATS become.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

reply to post by Bone75

If it were my 8 year old child that had been killed in that explosion, I wouldn't care if the Army tore that whole f***ing city down looking for the son of a bitch that did it. My guess is...

You wouldn't either

Which is why the law is in place, so that personal feelings and emotion dont lead to oppression and brutality.

Of course you wouldnt care, neither would I, hell I would even help, but that wouldnt make me right, any more than it made what happened right.

This is the rule of law, not the rule of emotional reactions.

Emotion has no place in law, it is whats best for everyone, not what a greiving victim wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join