It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I feel like I've wandered into Michigan militia chat.

Lets go over the stats shall we?

2 alleged terrorist casualties (alleged):
264 injuries
3 dead civilians one 8 years old
1 police officer

9000 LEO's casualties (alleged):
1 alleged terrorist

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
reply to post by Covertblack

I have seen zero evidence of who did what to who. I have been told to look at only official pictures by fbi who was caught lying about knowing the boys.
Do you have some evidence based in fact that these boy have done anything, other than the word from officials who are know to lie to protect each other.
Can we trust the testimony of police who didn't realize they initiated a shoot out with an unarmed man?

Yes they are all lying. Really, boys?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Some people must have to experience something directly before it effects them.

Do me a favor. Humor me.

Imagine for two minutes that you have no feet.

Now go to the frig to get a drink. OH WAIT! You can't.

Now go to the bathroom and pee. OH WAIT! You can't.

Got to go to work tomorrow. OH WAIT! You can't.

Pissed off yet?

I would be.

link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Double tap to the head.

Only way to take out someone with a suicide vest on, or somone with a trigger in their hand and not give them chance to blow it. Better odds of doing that with a scope on them.

But you knew that, right?

link   
This photo is photoshopped. Has been debunked repeatedly.
edit on 28-4-2013 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Really, can you provide a source? Not being mean, just would like to know.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What would you have them do?

I'm curious.

I see people condeming this whole thing over and over - so what would you have the LEO's do in this situation?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by tyranny22

Originally posted by tyranny22
Why would they think an onlooker would be "him"?

Because it COULD have been him (or another threat). The picture was taken during the split second that the LEO was discerning whether or not the person was a threat. He OBVIOUSLY discerned that the person was not a threat, because he didn't shoot.

If the photographer HAD been a threatening presence with a gun aimed at the LEO and the LEO wasn't prepared, he'd be dead now. Every LEO in a situation like this is acting in defense of his own life and the lives of the citizens.

If you're a LEO looking for a specific dangerous threat, ANYONE could be him. Have you seen police training where they train in various scenarios, using "shooting targets" of many types of people (pregnant women, children, and other "safe" targets along with threatening targets) to sharpen the discernment skills of the officers? It doesn't matter if the target is a pregnant woman or a gun-toting "criminal", the weapon is AIMED at it. The discernment comes when they decide NOT to shoot the pregnant woman (the innocent citizen) and decide to shoot the actual threat.

You all are just so pumped up about the big, bad, government taking over that you've lost all sense of reason.

Which is why you find out before threatening the life of the "potential" terrorist. Not aim first ask questions later.

This is the most effed up tactical action I have ever seen, even in the movies they dont point at civies, and that is just the movies, IRL, you never do it, you find the danger before you point your weapon at everyone and everything that moves.

Pointing a weapon at someone is an automatic threat to their life, it is idiotic to say it is ok, for the police or anyone to go around pointing guns at everyone, just because they havent determined if they are a threat or not.

Ask any soldier when you point your weapon at someone, they will tell you it is when you are going to shoot them, not to see who they are, not because you saw movement, not out of fear.

It is when and only when your going to put lead in them, or your positive your may have to, no other time at all ever!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Originally posted by tangonine

Really, can you provide a source? Not being mean, just would like to know.

LMGTFY but here you go: www.dethguild.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Yes, and in the movies Mel Gibson doesn't appear as an alcoholic racist... But if people want to keep comparing REAL LIFE situations, to something that happened in a film... That's fine I guess.

And you wonder why your country is so arsed up...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thier job! Stop it before it happens! the fbi KNEW who they were and did nothing!
The whole event could have been easily averted very quietly.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It has already been stated what rights have been trampled on, just some of you disagree on it.

reply to post by BellaSabre

Well, not American - I am Canadian but I am concerned with what happens in America since we are only a few steps behind (as in Harper is trying to pass his own NDAA)

Sorry to break it to you, but a lot of people in the US have the ideals that I have expressed. They will likely suggest THAT YOU move.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
OK.

So, the Police are looking for someone who has blown up the finishing line of a Marathon.

Somoene who has killed one cop and seriously injured another.

Someone who has no qualms about throwing explosives at people.

And you're a cop, and you are moving down a street and the curtains of a building twitch or someone comes to a window suddenly and you notice it and your training kicks in because you are told in no uncertain terms that in a life and death situation, when someone could be about to shoot at you that you lead with your weapon, so that you are in a position to fire back immediately.

Thats a cop doing his job. He didn't shoot, but he had to scope.

That is what trained professionals do.

Its time someone called this BS hyseria for what it is. Total BS. These people do their job and were trying to ensure that some lunatic wasn't out there blowing up other people.

Got a problem with that? Fine. Next time some idiot like this goes on the rampage, YOU go and look for him, on the streets and hunt him down and bring him to justice, and put your life on the line to do it. If you aren't prepared to do that then maybe, just maybe, be thankful that there are people that do it, and understand that when they are out there doing it, they need to protect themselves as well, or at least give themselves a chance at being protected.

Where the hell has people's common sense gone? What do you expect this guy to do - sit there and not react until someone blows his head off?

edit on 28/4/13 by neformore because: spelling

What you are advocating is in violation of the law in all 50 states, it is also a T&C violation to advocate commiting a criminal act, as vigilante justice is what your advocating.

I would think a mod would know better.

Just saying the obvious.... Oh and I was a trained professional, you do not lead with your weapon, and or point it at every window you see someone in, not in an actual warzone, def not at home.

These guys had fingers on triggers, and pointed their weapons at everyone they saw, your advocating treating everyone like a criminal first, only as an innocent civie after they have been stripped from their home, and searched by the police, dont they have a term for this type of thing?

Oh ya, it is called a police state............

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by neformore

Thier job! Stop it before it happens! the fbi KNEW who they were and did nothing!
The whole event could have been easily averted very quietly.

Prove it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Usually when the cops start aiming at civies, that is when we hear about an innocents getting shot.

(and what happens to those cops, paid leave)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Usually when the cops start aiming at civies, that is when we hear about an innocents getting shot.

(and what happens to those cops, paid leave)

Could it be fake? It's been posted so this whole argument may be pointless.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Still no evidence. I would have no way tell if they are lying or not, i only know they have been known to.
Fool me once, fool me a second time, fool me again, no wait a minute> Don't get me wrong I don't discount the tragedy I just question wether it was not allowed to happen.
Also, after the fact there were ways it could have been handled with out getting more poeple killed.
I just don't want my kids to grow up in a world with military style police everywhere. It doesn't seem condusive to a free spirit.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Still no evidence. I would have no way tell if they are lying or not, i only know they have been known to.
Fool me once, fool me a second time, fool me again, no wait a minute> Don't get me wrong I don't discount the tragedy I just question wether it was not allowed to happen.
Also, after the fact there were ways it could have been handled with out getting more poeple killed.
I just don't want my kids to grow up in a world with military style police everywhere. It doesn't seem condusive to a free spirit.

I understand questioning, but sometimes man, a situation goes down just like it's said.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but you aren't living in the real world where bad things happen if you think that.

You react, and you do it quickly, or you die.

I am amazed at the utter naivety of people posting here. Its like people seem to think its like the movies where the bad guys are poor shots who always miss, or someone fires a warning shot, or there are ways to dodge bullets. Its actually scary to read how people see this and quite disturbing.

Life or death.

Ask the family of cop who got killed whether bad things happen. Maybe he could have handled it differently huh?

Oh wait, he didn't get chance to.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm shocked by the number of people who find nothing wrong with that pic. Martial Law was not declared, it was a voluntary shelter in place order. But, apparently, given the pic, that wasn't compliant enough.

I ask you, where was the probable cause to assume every occupant in every house is a suspect, as this pic would imply?

This is some twisted dystopian stuff right here....
edit on 4/28/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join