It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF this was your Fantasy world.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Love the LOTR its a magnificent story and it feels so close to me as Tolkien as a young scholar travelled in Finland and studied Kalevala runes ( finnish epic ) and the story has a big finnish influence.

Tolkien wrote a letter to his friend Auden of his discovery of finnish language “It was like discovering a complete wine-filled cellar filled with bottles of an amazing wine of a kind and flavor never tasted before. It quite intoxicated me. . .” and elvish language is based on finnish language..

tho it makes me wonder if he used other finnish characteristics with elfs too.
We are blond, we have blue eyes. We are bashful and quiet, we want to keep our own space and dont let strangers close to us untill we get to know them better. We dont brag and of course we are super stubborn

So i feel like a elf in a forest... rounded by the beautiful nature i know and have known my whole life.. there is magic and i can feel it

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind being a mermaid either......that would be pretty neat...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't know anything about D&D but I suspect they would have my choice of character as a seer. I would be the kooky wise man type who sends the hero off on the journey. You know like Yoda, Glenda the Good Witch, Gandalf the Grey, etc and so forth.

The Legend Teller.
edit on 4/27/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Akragon

I don't know anything about D&D but I suspect they would have my choice of character as a seer. I would be the kooky wise man type who sends the hero off on the journey. You know like Yoda, Glenda the Good Witch, Gandalf the Grey, etc and so forth.

The Legend Teller.
edit on 4/27/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

Well if were speaking in D&D terms you'd likely be a wizard of sorts...

Perhaps mixed with a bard... who is a story teller...

I've met many a good bard in my travels... some with fantastic stories to tell...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

bronn Game of thrones

edit on 27-4-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

My character if in Game of Thrones - Old Nan

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I always wanted to play D&D but never found a group to play with

I'd be a rogue, a charming, mischevious rapscallion with a glint in my eye. I'd keep you off guard with my wit and charm and I'd be irresistible to the ladies haha! (It is fantasy after all right? lol)

Not a vicious vindictive rogue, more a Robin Hood, champion of the destitute and down-trodden.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I always wanted to play D&D but never found a group to play with

I'd be a rogue, a charming, mischevious rapscallion with a glint in my eye. I'd keep you off guard with my wit and charm and I'd be irresistible to the ladies haha! (It is fantasy after all right? lol)

Not a vicious vindictive rogue, more a Robin Hood, champion of the destitute and down-trodden.

The only way you can duplicate a true D&D experience is to find a PC game called Neverwinter Nights...

Not part 2... the original...

Theres a server called Narfell which has been going strong for a good 10 years now... That is the only place where you have to play with true hardcore D&D rules... Death is always looming on the horizon... and the penalty is extreme...

they use all the true D&D dies... and remaining "in character" is a must...

Its not easy to find a copy of Neverwinter Nights these days.... sometimes you can find it at Walmart if you're lucky...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join