It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NoKo propaganda news site is reporting it wants peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This site is probably NoKo's #1 propaganda machine.

Korean Central News Agency

The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) is the state news agency of North Korea that was established on December 5, 1946. The agency portrays the putative views of the Workers' Party of Korea and the North Korean government for foreign consumption. KCNA is headquartered in the capital city of Pyongyang. In South Korea, access to both KCNA websites: www.kcna.kp and www.kcna.co.jp, are blocked by the South Korean government.

An article from the KCNA website talks about another article from Minjok Thongsin, which is a news site for Koreans living in the USA, and it's blasting of the US for it's aggression and treatment of NoKo. It looks like KCNA copied and pasted the article and posted it on their site but the problem for me is that I did searches but I cannot find Minjok Thongsin to save my life but I did find another website that follows NoKo's propaganda and it appears KCNA reference Minjok Thongsin alot. From my searches I've noticed other NoKo news sites also use Minjok Thongsin as a source. You'd think for a US based news site I'd be able to find it no problem. Maybe you guys will have better luck.

Update Website found, Google Translate. I figured it be in English

In any case, whether real or not, KCNA is basically reporting they are the victims who are longing for denuclearization but ever since they sent a satellite into space and completed a nuke test (or 3) the US/UN have imposed unfair sanctions and are the aggressors so because of this NoKo must continue it's nuke program so they can keep their sovereignty.

For propaganda it's not far off but am I too believe NoKo doesn't want nukes? Hmmm....

U.S. Hostile Policy toward DPRK Blasted | KCNA

Pyongyang, April 26 (KCNA) -- An editorial member of Minjok Thongsin, an internet newspaper of Koreans in the U.S., on April 3 released a commentary denouncing the U.S. hostile policy toward the DPRK.

The commentary accused south Korean conservative media, the U.S. and Western media of making reports distorting the cause of the crisis on the Korean Peninsula and the essence of the showdown with the U.S.

The basic cause is attributable to the U.S. hostile policy toward the DPRK, it said, and went on:

As already known, the DPRK has called for concluding a peace treaty, longing for denuclearization.

But the U.S., turning back on the DPRK's call, designated it as the target of preemptive nuclear strike, while encroaching upon its sovereignty. It has persisted in its hostile policy toward the DPRK, singling it out as an "axis of evil". In this course the DPRK has prepared the self-defensive capabilities to protect its sovereignty and dignity.

It did not yield to the U.S. as it regarded the sovereignty as its life and soul, even though it had to make the forced march.

Nevertheless, the conservative media have talked about "provocation of the north".

Whoever has common sense and conscience should properly answer what is the cause of the crisis and how to tide over it.

All countries of the world have the right to launch satellites.

Several countries launched many satellites but the UN Security Council has never slapped sanctions on any of them.

When the DPRK succeeded in launching satellite Kwangmyongsong 3-2, the U.S. prodded the UNSC into adopting a "resolution on sanctions" against the DPRK. How will one answer it?

The U.S. also persisted in applying "sanctions" against the DPRK over its nuclear test. Question is whether such unreasonable acts can convince those with the power of normal thinking.

The U.S. hostile policy toward the DPRK convinces no one.

In order to remove the danger of a war on the Korean Peninsula it is necessary to opt for implementing the June 15 joint declaration and the October 4 declaration.

For those of you that read the last sentence and were like huh, I give you this.

Anniversary of North-South Korea Joint Declaration (15th of June 2000)

Kim Ryong Song, chairman of the North Side Committee for Implementing the June 15 Joint Declaration, in his keynote speech said that leader Kim Jong Il provided the north-south summit, the first of its kind in the history of national division in June 2000 and saw to it that the June 15 North-South Joint Declaration was adopted, adding that it is an exploit to be specially recorded in the history of the Korean nation.

The adoption of the joint declaration provided the Korean nation with a programme for reunification clearly indicating the basic principle and goals for settling the issue of Korea's reunification and the ways to realize them.

Kim Jong Il once again provided the north-south summit in October 2007 and made sure that the October 4 declaration was adopted, ushering in a new heyday of the development of the north-south relations and peace and prosperity.

edit on 27-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think I found a actual N. Korean news site. It looks lame...

www.kcna.co.jp...

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Singling out and listing three countries as an “axis of evil” will go down in the history books as the single dumbest thing that any president EVER did.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

That site is one in the same

It definitely needs an update cause it looks so 1990's.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

To you and I he did that and much worse while never ever taking any responsibility for his and his adminstrations actions (amongst others). The are the ones in power having all the land, money, and control. These are the people who lead our world.

We're F'd.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

NoKo propaganda news site is reporting it wants peace?

NK wants whatever it can get at most any price. On top of that, they have an ethnic Korean who is a US citizen (if I read the story correctly) about to be sentenced for seeking to overthrow the holy Kim regime.

From their point of view, they have cowered the US into backing down... which in some respects is true. They have a US citizen and the last time they did that, a former American president went to NK to negotiate the release. The PRC is still firmly behind them as always, regardless of their shallow words in the mostly useless United Nations.

They have nukes, too and they know that the US and the west has never made a move militarily on any nation that possessed them regardless of their provocations.

Does NK want peace? Yes and no... it depends on which one brings them more reward.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I wasn't aware it was. It brought me to Wikipedia so I put that one up.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
China outright threatend Kim Jung Un with invasion and regiem change, after an agreement between John Kerry and China which would have allowed China and not the US or South Korea to be the invading force to bring the beligerant North Korean leadership in line. You may or may not see this in the news but it is what happend.

US gave China the go ahead to push Kim and use force if he ignores their long time aly. This is why China has moved forces to the NK border. Ultimately for the US it would be better to have China run North Korea than allow this beliegerant child to continue threatening the world.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
China doesn't care about Un, it just wants to maintain the status quo...and since Un is upsetting that, of course they are upset with him. Why they simply haven't done a coup yet is beyond me. They could have done it, and the CIA would even cheer them on with a beer.

So far, this whole NK thing is the ONLY thing Obama has done right so far. (and no, I don't count Bin Laden, due to the fishiness around that whole dumping the body in the sea thing....still smells like BS). It is high time we stop the extortion tactics we've been caving to over the years, and put our foot down on NK denuclearization.

new topics

top topics

join