It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities say landing gear may have been planted: Lowered in on rope!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I guess it could be.....but highly doubtful, as I am sure it would be of great importance to investigators, and even the person that would have found it I am sure would have said something, at least to the authorities. Also, it is not common practice to "just leave something behind", weather it be in law enforcement or as a building contractor.
"Oh hey look! What could be part of an airplane landing gear from the 9/11 attacks! Oh no, it is too heavy to retrieve with this rope, lets just leave it there". I can not see this scenario playing out either. If so, would not this person not have come forward as of yet?
edit on 29-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here's my two cents:

It was planted on 9/11 amidst the chaos, just like the alleged passport of Mohamed Atar.

But unlike the passport, the gear was never found, because they hid it too well.

Until now.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

could it be that someone tried to lift this up 12 years ago and simply could not..

leaving the ropes behind?

Or the metal snagged the rope while inside the WTC and carried it to the present location.
No need for wild conspiracy speculation for simple events.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

could it be that someone tried to lift this up 12 years ago and simply could not..

leaving the ropes behind?

Or the metal snagged the rope while inside the WTC and carried it to the present location.
No need for wild conspiracy speculation for simple events.

Yeah because there is always rope just lying around in tall office buildings.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Yeah because there is always rope just lying around in tall office buildings.

Which makes more sense.
Some secret agent lowering parts of the landing gear between two buildings via rope. And then forgetting about it.
or
A section of rope in a closet of 110 sory building.
??

Dare I say most people have some rope in their houses but very few have secret agents.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

They found "pieces" of rope caught up in the gear. There was not a whole rope found with it.

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They are saying it is part of the wing. Not landing gear.
As far as the rope ... I at first thought maybe it was put there, but why ? Then maybe someone tried to get it by looping rope around it but wasn't successful.
Now starting to think, or wonder, rather, that could it be that when the plane hit, was there any scaffolding or any type of construction type gear around on any of the buildings. Even a window washer crane. Any one of those things at times has rope and not just steel cables on them and could be that as the plane crashed, blew up and traveled, it caught one of these types of gear and the rope was snagged.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Anyone that says that's part of a wing is either an idiot, or knows less about planes than I did when I was like 4. I can identify parts of the landing gear/brake assembly from the one picture I've seen of it. There is no way in hell that's part of a wing.

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Boeing has made the statement. Pretty sure they know the parts they make ...

The plane part, known as a trailing edge flap actuation support structure, comes from underneath the wing of the plane, not the landing gear, as was initially believed, Browne said in a statement Monday.

SOURCE

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Not necessarily. I've seen spokespeople make statements that they later had to retract because they were way off (see the Rolls Royce spokesperson about 9/11). If they work in a different division they can say things that are completely wrong, without knowing any better. I still say that's the case here, but without being able to see the serial number better, and without access to the Boeing parts database, they're all we have to go on.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It is part of the flap retract mechanism.

cdn-www.airliners.net...

The linkage arm the orange arrow is pointing to, is the same as bright white part, the rope is touching in the photo below.(the part in between "click to play" and the play arrow)

edit on 29-4-2013 by waypastvne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by waypastvne

So it is. I was wrong on this one. It matches nicely with part of the landing gear too, and that threw me off. Thanks for the correction.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Here's my two cents:

It was planted on 9/11 amidst the chaos, just like the alleged passport of Mohamed Atar.

But unlike the passport, the gear was never found, because they hid it too well.

Until now.

It was "planted" on 9/11, since two planes in the sky over a 10Mio people city are not enough evidence that the event really happened, so they needed to spread additional parts to bolster it's legitimacy? Yeah..riiiiiiiiiggght.

Also..those who "planted" it so so carefully did a really good job, making sure it will not be found for 12 years....kind of defies the entire idea behind planting, doesn't it?

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by waypastvne

reply to post by Zaphod58

Why cant ATS always be this good when it comes to discussion
Star for both you.

The question still remains however. What's with the rope ...
I see 3 possibilities.
1.) Piece found and lowered (hidden)
2.) Piece was tried and failed at recovery
3.) Piece was tangled into scaffold (window washer scaffold) ropes and cables after impact

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I understand your point, but can you explain how the landing gear could have gotten in that position where it was found. Even investigators are saying it would have had to come in at a right angle, perfectly.

Also, for the people who are not considering this is fake, do they think a landing gear could go between two buildings (at great speed because of the explosion and momentum and all that) and not cause heavy damage on its way in? how much does a landing gear weights? how come no one noticed that damage in 12 years? has no one ever inspected those buildings, cleaned up, or just plainly do any maintenance work in 12 years? highly unlikely, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Except, as was pointed out, it's part of the flap assembly. It's much lighter than landing gear.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Kaifan

Except, as was pointed out, it's part of the flap assembly. It's much lighter than landing gear.

Yeah, i missed it was not the entire part, still doesn't explain how it can go unnoticed for 12 years, and there is enough space between to fit someone there, so how come 12 years go by and no one ever asks, what's that thing between those buildings? no one ever cleaned or or made any kind of maintenance over there? how about someone inspecting the buildings for any damage, checking if those buildings near ground zero were safe enough for people to continue living on them? didn't that happen? i'm sorry but it sounds highly unlikely that something like this can go unnoticed for so many years in a highly populated area.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

The question still remains however. What's with the rope ...
I see 3 possibilities.
1.) Piece found and lowered (hidden)
2.) Piece was tried and failed at recovery
3.) Piece was tangled into scaffold (window washer scaffold) ropes and cables after impact

If you really want to know you should call up this company and ask them if they left the rope there.
FORTHRIGHT DEVELOPMENT CO LLC
221 STANLEY AVE
MAMARONECK, NY 10543-2549
(877) 582-2663

They removed this landing gear from the same building.

You can see the same type of rope, 3/4' spiral hemp rope, in the photo above.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The other night waking through Chicago's Lincoln Park I stumbled upon the wing of Amelia Earhart's Lockheed Model 10 Electra airplane. The identifying NR16020 which signifies it is Earhart's plane is written right on the wing; I guess she was really off course and no one noticed it was there all these years....

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The rope makes this very suspicious indeed.
If the roof of the building was being tarred/repaired and
they found this . . .,
perhaps the rope was tied to it then lowered and forgotten ?
But that leaves the question,
how could it have been over looked in the 1rst place

As the saying goes "if a lie is repeated enough,
some will start to believe it" . Is this just a stunt
of more psychological media programming ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join