It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities say landing gear may have been planted: Lowered in on rope!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by intrptr

That should be the part number. There's usually a serial number on a metal plate that attaches to the parts that require them.

This is the serial number plate on an F/A-18 Hornet.

Thanks for the update. Didn't see one of those. Are the military part number plates the same looking as civilian? My other question... is that F18 plate just for the landing gear or the whole jet?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

There are a number of clamps and fittings on the landing gear. Some hold hydraulic lines, others hold various wiring that runs along the outside of the strut. Some are inside the struts too.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Why does the window part look so small???

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Part number plates are pretty standardized, so that they only have to produce one plate for each part, instead of having to have different plates for different parts. They carry basic information, such as the part serial number, the part number, the manufacturing number, etc.

There's one by the front passenger door that has the basic aircraft information, such as type, C/N, SN, etc for the entire aircraft (on civilian and military transport aircraft), for fighters and the like it's usually in the nose gear wheel well.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

That's a 757 not a 767 (the 75 is a narrowbody where the 76 is a widebody), but all aircraft have pretty small windows. The smaller the window, the less structural weakening caused by the hole cut in the side of the fuselage.

The original windows were square, instead of round, and it directly led to the loss of several planes with the loss of everyone on board after they broke apart in flight. It was found that the cause was the square corners of the windows causing fatigue failures of the fuselage.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a terrorist attack happens the police officer giving the speech even said call 9/11 (why would a cop make that mistake?)

now u have this just watch for all the new 9/11 stuff that we'll be hearing about soon.

i believe the cop said 9/11 during the speech (call 9/11) to sort of bring people back and increase their anxiety, or plant the idea it's another 911

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified
Do you consider the 'hardness' of landing gear, to the tougher than black box recorders?

That's sort of like asking if this:

is as tough as this:

They are two different things that are designed to do two different things.
If you made be guess though... Yeah the landing gear struts are much more hardened than the black box. The Black boxes that I have seen didn't seem that hardened to me, they were just more shielded.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Oh yeah, the PLANE was incinerated on impact...except this.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, to do with 9-11 is an obvious sham. I am just glad they are even considering planted evidence.

Where did you get the impression the planes were entirely incinerated?

The trial of Zacarias Moussaoui led to the exhibits by both Prosecution AND Defense being posted online in perpetuity for the public to view and consider. It's the first time a full Federal evidence package has been made available online that way and it's pretty complete for what is there ....including plane parts from both tower aircraft.

It's not a pretty set of images in many cases as it was a murder trial after all. Nothing censored for the Jury OR public with the exception of a few (literally few) classified evidence entries. Everything else? Sitting right there for all to see and has been since that trial concluded.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DeeKlassified

Do you consider the 'hardness' of landing gear, to the tougher than black box recorders?

Bigger and denser. More kinetic energy than black boxes. Plus black boxes are in the tail section. If they remained in the building they were exposed to fire and collapse, unlike the heavier components of the gear and engine parts that penetrated thru and fell outside the twin towers.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I found it suspicious right away that this has been sitting in an alleyway in New York for almost 12 years and no one noticed.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

They showed the area it was found in on the news when I went in for dinner. From the angle they were showing it at, you can almost tell there's an alley there. Straight on you can see it's not the biggest alley, but it's not the smallest either, but how many of us actually look into alleyways as we go past them? The few times that I walked around in New York City they were the last place I looked.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If it was planted, it would make more sense if it was done long ago. But if it were done long ago, surely whoever was responsible would have tipped someone off to finding it. It really does not make sense now to plant evidence, at least not by those who perpetrated the hoax. And I do believe there is much more than the official story claims. It was not a hoax in that it did not happen, but rather in the sense we were not told the truth about who did it, and why it was done. So this is strange. We cannot overlook the fact that the side wanting to expose the lies may have done this. This may have been done to ruin the credibility of the official story, since the gear would be an obvious plant. But how was this not found until now? That blows my mind. Did the landing gear look as if it had been in a fire or suffered any severe damage? But maybe it broke off upon impact.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by andy1972

As GenRadek posted above, as did I in the op, the medical examiner is looking for human remains from the debris of the WTC. They started doing that recently, and they probably got it from the massive debris piles from that day.
edit on 27-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

1 - For something so large to have remain unseen for so long, i find impossible, but strange things happen.
2 - As i stated earlier it's not the how they did it, but the why.
3 - If it has been planted, the person(s) responsable for the action have either had this huge chunk of metal in their keeping since 9/11 or they have stolen it from whoever was safeguarding the pieces of the planes.

As nobodys reported (to my knowledge) that anything has been stolen, i can only asume that this piece of plane was taken from ground zero on or after the date with consent by someone with the authorization to do so.
It's not like it's something you can stick in your wallet and walk away unseen is it??

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DeeKlassified

No but maybe this part traveled through the 'glass' parts of the building instead of the edge of a floor.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My own little take on this.

For one I don't think it's impossible that this landing gear did naturally come to rest in the alleyway during the original incident. As someone points out earlier, there does appear to be some damage to the roof. It might sound unlikely that a piece of debris would fall in such a way to fit into such a narrow gap, but given the sheer amount of debris created in the collapse it's perhaps not that surprising that such a 'coincidence' (for lack of a better word) could occur. If you toss a coin on the ground enough times, it'll land on it's edge eventually. Also, I expect there's loads of bits and pieces remaining in the area that haven't been discovered for various reasons, albeit I'd imagine most piece as large as this have been recovered.

However, if you're looking for a more conspiratorial angle, it could also be the case that a member of the public discovered this unrecovered part at some point in the last 12 years and kept it either as some momento or for it's scrap value. Perhaps that person ultimately realised it was worthless because of it's criminal evidence status. However, given the sensitivity surrounding the Muslim centre, perhaps that person (or someone else aware of the part's existence) placed it in the position it was found to influence the debate about whether such a centre should be allowed so close to Ground Zero.

Just my two cents!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

there was no need to contrive long lost evidence from the 9-11 event

Because on April 29th 2013

the new WTC will be capped off with the 'tower' which will make the building some 1,776 feet tall
that fact would seem to pale the long lost 9-11 landing gear artifact

the final touch will officially make the building historic...(on my b-day no less)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why would 'they' plant evidence?
For the simple reason of to drag on and on what was one of the biggest terrorist atrocities in the modern age, 'they' being the real terrorists, the ones to keep you in fear of the cave dwelling boogymen who supposedly hate you because of your 'freedoms'.
But don't worry soon the boogymen in the caves will soon begin to like you as your 'freedoms' will be taken away from you by the real terrorists 'to keep you safe' of course.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I found it suspicious right away that this has been sitting in an alleyway in New York for almost 12 years and no one noticed.

18 inches is not really an alley.
Plus if you look at all the other trash in there who would give it another thought.

I'll bet as roofs and gutters are replaced over the next decade there will more discoveries.

edit on 29-4-2013 by samkent because: spelling

edit on 29-4-2013 by samkent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is one of the more ridiculous posts I've read on ATS. Planted? Really? What's the purpose of this?
They say it had to have came in at the right angle. If anything is possible, this is. ANYTHING can happen but why would someone set this up? I guess, as I said, anything is possible but the likely hood that it flew in at the right angle is more plausible than a set up. I can't come up with a reasonable answer to a plant.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

could it be that someone tried to lift this up 12 years ago and simply could not..

leaving the ropes behind?

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join