It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never been ashamed to be an ATS member. Ever.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm only ashamed of those I meet in the real world who say "I never heard of ATS".

I'm doubly ashamed if they have heard of Infowars, Prisonplanet, GLP and anything Dave Icke- and STILL don't know ATS.

I'm also ashamed that I haven't been here longer than I already have.

Other than that...ummm...I'm not ashamed of anything ATS has to offer.

Hugs ATS!

MM

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

lol right! If they have heard of David Icke, surely they've dabbled in ATS once or twice, maybe just in lurk mode, but still exposed to ATS. Personally I've not ran into any that have admitted to using ATS yet...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Please stop. It's a little shameful reading this carry on.

Back on topic, Lys, I agree. I'm not ashamed to be on ATS, but I certainly don't tell too many in real life...hehehe

Except I do have friends tune in when I 'm banging on ATS LIVE RADIO with the Crew, 'suppose I can't be THAT ashamed.

ATS is just another source of information for me. And I agree there are people doing far worse things on the net, awful awful things, than posting on a news discussion forum like this.
The ATS t and c being "slightly family friendly" make this a decent place to be.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
it's weird seeing people being blamed for receiving stars or flags as if it were something they had control over to begin with.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Both friends and family take the piss out of me for going on this site. "Oh, did you here that from your conspiracy site?" Ha ha ha.

At leat I'm not on Facebook updating my profile every 5 minutes or playing candy crush. My dad sits on the Internet going from one weather site to the other, when looking out the window can instantly tell him the weather conditions.

You dont realise how crap the rest of the Internet is until ATS goes down.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The only people I see who say they are ashamed of ATS are either trolls from other websites or people who spend so much time on ATS that it becomes their life. For the latter, their shame is derived from the sports mentality. Often when a player misses a touchdown or a free throw, we blame our team for missing the play; likewise, when a poster makes a bad post, these people subconsciously think the quality of ATS is going down. When ATS gets flooded by new members and trolls making bad or subpar threads, it builds subconsciously until they have to express it in some form, either by ranting at one of them or making a rant thread.

It would be good if we could all remember to reference this thread every time someone makes a thread complaining about the quality of ATS, although the existence of this thread alone will not defer that person from making a thread anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Good points.
I have never been ashamed of innocuous things either.

Also I try to avoid using the failed pseudo-logic of stereotyping and grouping everyone into overgeneralized labels. Hard to avoid using sometimes but it's worth trying to avoid at least.

Most people relish and thrive on stereotyping (am I stereotyping stereotypes?). There are many reasons why, but it is clear to me that it [the natural human tendency towards stereotyping] is being exploited for the purpose of "controlling the group think", in terms of the larger geopolitical situation.

Lucky for us the universe appears to be somewhat infinite, and so we have at our disposal a wealth of options in responding with even more callid and vulpine retorts.

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”

In strategy your spiritual bearing must not be any different from normal. Both in fighting and everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Both friends and family take the piss out of me for going on this site. "Oh, did you here that from your conspiracy site?" Ha ha ha.

At leat I'm not on Facebook updating my profile every 5 minutes or playing candy crush. My dad sits on the Internet going from one weather site to the other, when looking out the window can instantly tell him the weather conditions.

You dont realise how crap the rest of the Internet is until ATS goes down.

Right on.

Not to mention how all the video games are being ruined by clueless imbeciles with business degrees who know nothing about video games or what makes them fun.

Imagine that possible dark future...no conspiracy websites and all the video games are complete garbage.

Fahrenhit 451

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Lysergic... didn't you used to be a Mod? please forgive me if I am wrong... it shouldn't be too hard cos I usually am... lol

but I agree. I thought about it and I must admit in all truth that I have never been ashamed to be a member either.

true.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Ashamed? No, not really but I'm careful to caveat my claim of membership with "there a lot of wacko's on that board but there is also some good information to be found". You have to seperate the wheat from chaff here. The partisan bickering gets old too. Really tire ofthe GOP vs. Liberal wars that exist here...
edit on 28-4-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I've never been ashamed to be an ATS member. Ever.,
On contrary ,each and everyone should be proud of being part of this wonderful place.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have never been ashamed to be a member of ATS. Sometimes I am ashamed of some of the members on ATS. That is two different things.

Ats is a good place full of bright inquiring minds for the most part. THen, you have the few who are here for the wrong reasons (apparently stars and flags by reading the first two pages of this thread) and seemingly will do anything to get stars and flags.

Why are so many obsessed with stars and flags? I do not get it. Fine, a star means someone essentially "liked" your post. A flag means "I want to keep up with this thread". Its not like flags and stars lead to money or fame.

Stop bickering. It is the bickering that brings ATS down. Do you want stars and flags? Then contribute to threads. It is that simple. Contribute in a meaningful, intelligent way.

Sometimes I feel like I am in middle school. We are all adults. Please start with yourselves. Conduct yourselves like adult men and women. Treat others how you want to be treated even when they do not reciprocate.

Some motherly advice...all of the stars and flags ATS has to offer will not earn you respect if you gain them in this manner.

ATS is going to be what WE make it. If you want it to be juvenile banter and arguing that is what it will be. If you want it to be a place to learn and grow and share then that is what it will be. We are only as strong as the weakest link, we each have a responsibility to ourselves, each other and ATS to stop it now.

It is usually the same ones who ruin ATS. Someday they will slip up and no longer be welcome. You do not have to help them along or go with them. Everyone needs to worry about themselves and conduct themselves the best they can and the rest will follow.

Each and everyone of us need to commit to starting today to strive to make ATS the place we want it to be.

My little rant within a rant~ the momma hat is comin' on and she is mad~ so, here goes:
put on your big boy/girl underwear and stop the whining and bickering, worry about yourselves, and stop stop stop the trolling. The consequences if you dont? Well, you will make the momma mad. AND NO ONE wants to make the momma mad!! lol

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i have never been ashamed to be an ATS member despite how i feel or think about some of the frankly laughably stupid or lamentably cruel and unthinking things i have read from members here.
conversely i have never been proud to be a member here. it's just a website with a selection of people posting stuff. the site itslef produces no emotional reaction from me, though what i read here often does, be that hilarity or disdain.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Strange that you made this thread now, when I had been just thinking in similar terms. Rather than feeling ashamed, I actually am proud to be a member of this site. I find this site the most professionally and rationally run alternate media and forum.

I have had very bad experiences with other sites that shall remain unnamed (but God knows
) where the violent mood swings of the retarded site owner decides who sees the site and who does not. On the other hand ATS is one place where you can be assured that if you behave decently you'd be treated in the same manner. Long live ATS.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Lysergic... didn't you used to be a Mod? please forgive me if I am wrong... it shouldn't be too hard cos I usually am... lol

Nope. Forgiven :p

Originally posted by piequal3because14

I've never been ashamed to be an ATS member. Ever.,
On contrary ,each and everyone should be proud of being part of this wonderful place.

Yessir!

Originally posted by k21968
I have never been ashamed to be a member of ATS. Sometimes I am ashamed of some of the members on ATS. That is two different things.

Exactly my point, thanks for the reply

Originally posted by SambhavaamiYugeYuge

Strange that you made this thread now, when I had been just thinking in similar terms. Rather than feeling ashamed,

Must be something in the aether

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
A rant thread about a rant thread about rant thread—how moral crusaders discuss ethics on an internet forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join