It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we doing THEM a favour or dis-service in the conspiracy game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Anytime an attack occurs, whether 9/11 or Boston or Newtown Shooting, instantly the internet blows up on sites like these stating it was a conspiracy as a whole, or certain aspects of it were.

Does this make TPTB plan harder because they know how fast the Internet groups work?

IMO, I think only 9/11 had some gov't inner-workings and that's the "final" conspiracy they were going to pull off, and went real big in doing so. So then anything there-after that happens, people online and conspiracy theorists will look like total zombies and just further dis-credit us in the media saying these same nuts also believe 9/11 was a conspiracy.. Basically taking attention away from 9/11.

I think we're doing a total dis-service.

You?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
People will always see conspiracies, sometimes they will be right other times they will be wrong.

What really matters is when a conspiracy is found out that the organisers are duly processed by the courts and sentenced to a long time in jail.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

"To ignore evil, is to become an accomplice to it." - Martin Luther King Jr.

The point is, to seek the truth; and that truth can be offensive.
We are not doing anyone a disservice by 'questioning everything'.... People who willingly accept lies for fear of ridicule? Apathy, that is a disservice.

I'm not going to debate on 'how' someone should go about questioning things, and I do agree with aspects of what you're saying. But let's be honest here --- yes it is a major possibility that they love websites such as this, for many reasons that are clandestine. But this is their protocol- their way of dealing with alleged dissent.

We have not had a free press for a long time. It's very obvious to anyone who cares about what is going on in the world, that the MSM are nothing more than policy enforcers: they care not for the truth.

So someone has to do it, just like any dirty job.

But if you are suggesting that by actively questioning official stories = a disservice --- then what would you suggest as an alternative?
edit on 27-4-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I keep saying this on ATS these days, people need to stop hunting for the next conspiracy and hunt for the truth.

I do think we are doing a disservice and doing “them” a favour by ranting about how everything is a false flag and has some grand conspiracy behind it. I believe in a few of what some would call a “conspiracy theory”, I believe that there are actually very few of these in the world but that they do exist.

UFO’s is a perfect example of this, yes I believe in UFOs but YouTube has killed UFOlogy with people claiming that every flying dust bin or speck of dust on a camera is a UFO. It’s the same with other conspiracies.

So OP I agree we are doing a disservice and I think the problem is that people are more interested in sensational and entertaining conspiracies than truth

top topics

join