It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge is ignorance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ
This does not mean that if I break a leg, I'm going to sit in my pain and try to will it gone, refusing any medical attention.
Then you do see some usefulness to science, it seems.

Why do you assume that consciousness is elsewhere or inside? Is there really any internal or external in reality? All that you experience, whether apparently internal feelings and thoughts, or apparently external objects and others, is simply your processes of perception/conception in consciousness.

So why conclude that being internalized is what is required to recognize the truth of consciousness? Such presumptions tend to become body-negative, world-denying, etc.
edit on 27-4-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A Quote from Albert Einstein....

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What I am saying is someday, humanity will reach a point where it no longer requires anything but the power of consciousness.
edit on 27-4-2013 by HarryTZ because:

Then what would be the point of being here on planet Earth? Why would we need a physical body and a mind?

Surely if humanity no longer required "anything but the power of consciousness", existence in this material realm would become redundant.

Wisdom is also found in acceptance. extra DIV

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's through the proper utilization of knowledge that one can become intuitively aware of the limits of what one can ever know to be true, and what one can infer from that which can be known to be true. You can't see or feel a breeze slipping through the open areas 50 feet above where you stand, but if that breeze moves the leaves of a tall tree as it moves by, your knowledge that leaves move when stirred into movement by breezes allows you to infer that movement as being due to the presence of an invisible, imperceptible breeze.

Knowledge is extremely important in the struggle to understand what is inherently real. A call to reject the effort to gain knowledge in favor of a pursuit of raw ignorance defined as wisdom sees pretty obvious in its fundamental intent. This isn't the Dark Ages. Not yet anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We, as human beings, have created a society where knowledge is required to survive. It is important for me (the ego) to know things, or else I would die. The society that we live in is one that is not inherently wise, not inherently silent. You can tell a wise man apart from a fool by listening to him. A wise man is naturally silent. They have nothing they feel the need to say, so they say nothing. A fool, on the other hand, always has something he feels the need to say. He would go mad if he is not allowed to speak.
Spoken wisdom is spoken silence. It is the only way to communicate wisdom to a fool. Wise men prefer never to speak. They only do so in the presence of foolishness. You see, words are simply utterances. Noises emitted from the throat. They do not hold any intrinsic meaning, they only symbolize something meaningful. They are very easily misunderstood. Silence is intrinsic. It cannot be misunderstood, for it stands for itself. True wisdom is the silence between the words of a wise man. That is what the wise man wants you to understand. Do not hang on his every word, hang on his every silence.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Well, maybe... with all due respect, you should spend more time learning the mountain before you and less time coming down to street level to tell others about the same.

*sigh*

You'll figure it out as you go on through life

I simply had wisdom to share, so I shared it. It may be said that the wisest man must be found, that he does not come to you, but did I ever say I was the wisest man? And, is there a thing wrong with me sharing wisdom with my fellow human beings? Wisdom is wisdom, and the mode of delivery has not a thing to do with it's validity.

You say I will 'figure it out as I go through life'... That is a foolish statement. What amalgamation of events, what amount of outside experience, can bring one more wisdom than is already, and infinitely, theirs?
Contrary to popular belief, experience does not equal wisdom. Wisdom is what you are already, and eternally. You cannot not be that, because it is what you are. It is up to you, however, to wake up and realize this, realize your Self.

Originally posted by NorEaster
It's through the proper utilization of knowledge that one can become intuitively aware of the limits of what one can ever know to be true, and what one can infer from that which can be known to be true. You can't see or feel a breeze slipping through the open areas 50 feet above where you stand, but if that breeze moves the leaves of a tall tree as it moves by, your knowledge that leaves move when stirred into movement by breezes allows you to infer that movement as being due to the presence of an invisible, imperceptible breeze.

What the breeze is doing or being is of no importance to you. Don't try to analyze it, study it, prod at it with your instruments. Let the breeze be. Your knowing of the breeze (or lack of knowing) does not affect your being. Your being will always be, always.

Knowledge is extremely important in the struggle to understand what is inherently real. A call to reject the effort to gain knowledge in favor of a pursuit of raw ignorance defined as wisdom sees pretty obvious in its fundamental intent. This isn't the Dark Ages. Not yet anyway.

Why struggle to understand what is 'inherently real'? Your own philosophy says that nothing in this reality is inherently real. So why, then, have you placed so much importance on the illusion? How is an understanding of the unreal beneficial to you in any way? All things are nothing. The only real reality is emptiness, nothingness. You are studying nothingness. You won't find much of value.
edit on 28-4-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I hear you fellow traveler. The struggle to know, consumes and in the end is no help at all with the struggle to be. Just another pitfall along the way. Wonderful to be here isn't it? See you at the next stop.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nice thread. I think wisdom, which comes from experience, is what helps you make the best choices when you DON'T have knowledge on the subject, when you have very little information to help you decide. Of course hen there's intuition and instincts, which are what you fall back on when you have NO information at all. I think wisdom is closely related, but is more useful when there is some, but not all or even enough information to know without a doubt that you are making the right decision. Nice subject. Thanks for sharing. Knowledge on a certain subject only usually applies to that subject. So you can spend your whole like studying science and that will be all you know. Wisdom applies to a much wider selection of topics. When you have wisdom, its like common sense, you can just feel that something will lead to a certain conclusion.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What the breeze is doing or being is of no importance to you. Don't try to analyze it, study it, prod at it with your instruments. Let the breeze be. Your knowing of the breeze (or lack of knowing) does not affect your being. Your being will always be, always.

Why struggle to understand what is 'inherently real'? Your own philosophy says that nothing in this reality is inherently real. So why, then, have you placed so much importance on the illusion? How is an understanding of the unreal beneficial to you in any way? All things are nothing. The only real reality is emptiness, nothingness. You are studying nothingness. You won't find much of value.
edit on 28-4-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

I am so looking forward to having an army of people like you to do my bidding when I get to the afterlife. Just keep on believing what you believe and get as many others as you can to embrace your particular version of wisdom. I have such big, fun plans for the hereafter.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The question is, what do you worship?

2nd

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I am so looking forward to having an army of people like you to do my bidding when I get to the afterlife. Just keep on believing what you believe and get as many others as you can to embrace your particular version of wisdom. I have such big, fun plans for the hereafter.

I'm afraid I do not understand. Care to elaborate?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Your heart is in the right place kid. But wisdom taught me the world ain't ready for this guy. Till then I'll be waiting for everyone to catch up.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Why wait? You need no one but your own self to move forward and transcend.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Think about something completly different - that is impossible except for a new mix of colours that have never been mixed before - as said, if you know the mix, you also stuck.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GetReadyToTheDoomsday

I don't follow...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
A Quote from Albert Einstein....

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Exactly.

Thanks for that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If knowledge is ignorance, then....what exactly is this computer you're using running on?

Maybe in an absolute sense, you could claim that we don't know everything - in certainty - nor can we attain an absolute knowledge. But knowledge itself clearly exists.

Simply compare us verses our pre-civilized ancestors, and tell me "knowledge is ignorance".

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Ignorance is the end of seeking and the end of seeking is the end of mental suffering - so this 'ignorance' is true knowledge (wisdom).

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That's just semantics.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join