It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polce Scanner Playlist from the night they chased down The Boston Bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I dont know if anyone is interested, but I have run across a playlist of the police scanner for the night of the chase down of the two Boston bombers. It is 22 half hour plays, so 11 hours total to listen too. It pretty much starts with the discovery of the first officer down at MIT.

Keep in mind there are other things going on as well, but for anyone that missed that night, you might find it interesting.

HERE IS THE LINK FOR IT

The link above will take you too the playlist. They should play in order for you
edit on 27/4/13 by onehuman because: Just added a note about the playlist

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I was on for most of the time. One thing I loved was members feed back to the scanner. Would you mind if we expand you OP to include members feedback?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wonder if there is a clue to the next mass killing in the U.S? Somwhere in the footage or something...hmm...?

also it is so unique cause it feels your a police officer Haha

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
For listening convenience.

edit on 27-4-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

I was on for most of the time. One thing I loved was members feed back to the scanner. Would you mind if we expand you OP to include members feedback?

Yeah I followed it that night as well and I agree with you. Feel free to do whatever you like. Who knows what we might come up with

edit on 27/4/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I just noticed on the third scan in the playlist that around the 2:30 mark they did say they recovered the MIT officers gun. So Im guessing its a pretty safe bet the brothers werent using his in the shootouts.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Memorable night. Here are the initial reports of 'shots fired' and 'explosions'.

Starts at around 6:40. Explosions start at 11:55

edit on 27-4-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I remember that night. My favorite part was when they were talking among each other and I swear I heard one of the guys talking to the suspect because he sounded exhausted and hurt and they were asking for bottles of ice water and the dispatcher was freaking out screaming "Watch your mic. Watch your mic."

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Hmmm I missed that part but I will listen for it now and let you know which scan number it is on unless someone else comes across it first! There was a lot of "Watch your mics" that night.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

My fav reply that day was when the police had the boat surrounded and were moving in. They "said change the channel they are listening to us on the internet". ( it was the last real feed we had)

Domo 1 replied...............

'oh crap they are on to us" The tension just melted away.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It was indeed a chaotic thing to listen to. Some of it completely inaudible. Some sounded like it was right in the midst of the shootout - I'm sure some of it was and some was a lot of static that sounded like continuous bursts of gunfire.

I wonder what ever happened to the guy wearing the santa cap. lol. as described by the female officer.

You know, everyone seemed almost on the same page that 20+ hours.

it was only after the 'fun' had gone did people feel the need to conspire. Interesting how that happened. I guess they couldn't let it go.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Is it a full recording? Has it been censored at all?

Be interesting to hear the rockets in the basement comment.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yes , if you go to the link I provided in OP, it will open the whole playlist. Nothing has been edited. Like I said it is 11 hours worth of listening but they are broken down into half hour clips. So you can listen at your leisure.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I miss Kevin "over and out" Brennan. He will always be remembered.

The "scanner" thread was the greatest thread I've ever been a part of. It was almost like everyone here was 1 big family sitting next to the radio after dinner to listen to their favorite show.
edit on 27-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

Hmmm I missed that part but I will listen for it now and let you know which scan number it is on unless someone else comes across it first! There was a lot of "Watch your mics" that night.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Originally posted by onehuman

^^ there you go.
lol
edit on 27-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Is it a full recording? Has it been censored at all?

Be interesting to hear the rockets in the basement comment.

Same here, but I'm wondering if "rockets" is cop jargon for something else other than what we think it is. Either way, we heard a lot of info that the MSM didn't report.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Thanks for posting that. I do remember hearing that, but now that I hear it again its easier to get a little more from the background

new topics

top topics

join