It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I am ashamed to be a member of ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hi Cody, Hi Folks,

I read that particular thread yesterday, but i decided not to post my own particular thoughts and opinions on the sickening act that was carried out on that poor child for fear of only feeding a few immature and completely stupid TROLLS! and ending up having the thread closed (i believe that thread HAD to be there so that more people are aware of how sick some people in our world can be in regards to cruelty towards children and also to show people that even here on ATS there are people that have no respect whatsoever for other people or life in general (those type of posters probably don't even have any respect for themselves!!).

What gets me is the fact that certain people hide behind their keyboards spouting off a load of bollocks thinking that they are coming up with intelligent and pertinent comments... Karma will eventually get them back one day... if they are like that behind the keyboard then in real life they must be exactly the same... NO FUTURE for that type of unsavoury character and they won't be appreciated by ANYONE!

I am not ashamed to be here at ATS BUT i AM ashamed for the idiots who type that type of comment... but like i said earlier on Karma will get them one day.

Keep your head up Cody mate, we are behind you

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Bad spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
I once read a comment by a buddhist monk, that went something like this: "comments and insults are just mere words, you can watch them leave a person's mouth then they are gone forever. To get upset by them is utterly meaningless."

I read the thread before seeing this one, and the worst people can do is feed the troll. It just encourages them, but obviously you get all these replies showing disgust at the poster. If it offends you ignore it. They will get bored and go and find another playground.

Sadly that may be a monks view but many others dont see it that way.
It devastates people who are not that monk.

If somebody is offended then they should be, and make their opinions heard.With respect those opinions should not mirror the nastiness and bitterness of those that were so callous. Two wrongs are both wrong.

Words are weapons that cut very deeply

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I understand where you are coming from.

One thing I have learned here on ATS, maybe you shouldn't click on those types of threads. I have a few subject that I am passionate about and I try to steer clear of them.

Some people are idiots and think they are the center of the universe. Some people haven't realized that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Don't let it get to you.

Deny ignorance

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If this is what happens every time someone posts a dissenting comment on ATS, I fear we have more in common with the Middle East than we originally thought. Most certainly, ATS is falling more and more into the Facebook syndrome. Either you are able to accept that your opinion isn't universally accepted...or you're gonna have a bad time, as demonstrated in recent threads. Either way, it gives you no right to judge either the members or the forum.

If you have difficulty coming to terms with dissension, seek counseling and keep your judgments to yourself. For instance, I have a few choice words for every member who thinks that not having a Valley Girl drama fit over something that happens every day in some parts of the world is a crime punishable by public humiliation. You know what, you've just witnessed the tip of the iceberg for the less civilized countries in this world. Now you know what they go through every day. And just because some of us have a lack of emotional response to something we already knew this species was capable of, doesn't make us worthy of your righteous indignation.

Nothing like burning babies to shatter the composure and maturity of the world's foremost collection of unofficial conspiracy theorists. I had hoped for better. That's all I have to say.
edit on 27-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Christ sakes dude, don't feed the trolls.

You are giving them a endless banquet with your focus on them.
Yes, there are people on the net that seem to live strictly to annoy the moral sense of others, strictly for a laugh...now get over it and do the worst possible thing you can do to them...

ignore them. Are they truly worth spending that much time and energy to ponder? No..they are shoe slime that you see, rub off on the nearest rock, and move past without much consideration.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
reply to post by cody599

I posted last night briefly (thanks Intrepid) that I won't start another thread

how is that going?
we dont need a new thread everytime you think about something cody.
but refering to yourself in 3rd person probably explains why.

Ok first off intrepid is a super mod. How was cody referring to himself in the 3rd person.

Secondly if you posted more you would see that there are many forms for threads jokes and puns, music, rant or food. Just to name a few, I love Cody's threads. He tries to lighten the mood most of the time. This thread was for some members to take a look at their self's.

You are entitled to your opinion, but this site is a BUSINESS the other forums are for members to express their views, let of a little steam, or just have a discussion.

A business like this runs on the members it can DRAW, and KEEP. The main theme here will always be conspiracy, but many of the other topics are part of what keeps members.

I myself after reading some of the opinions need to smile or vent will look for threads like the type cody posts. Instead of going to a different site. I am glad they are here, if they weren't the numbers would be down for this site. Many posters would log off and go elsewhere , and that's not good for business.

If a business is allowed to run on a select few's personal opinion it won't last long. If personal opinion runs afoul of profits in my own business, the opinionated are cut loose.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am guilty for posting impulsive emotions in less appropriate manners here which I recognize and apologize.
But what I see is happening at least to me is desensitizing.
15 years ago when I saw my first beheading on the internet I was so shocked that I wasn't thinking right for a few days. Today I watch Syrians shredded to pieces while I eat my breakfast.
This bothers me more because I think about the newer generations who are born into this. I am not so worried about myself because I am intelligent enough to reflect on this ,correct it and replace it with love but other people maybe not so much.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Either way, it gives you no right to judge either the members or the forum.

If you have difficulty coming to terms with dissension, seek counseling and keep your judgments to yourself.

Nothing like burning babies to shatter the composure and maturity of the world's foremost collection of unofficial conspiracy theorists. I had hoped for better. That's all I have to say.

Afterinfinity,

I quote you here in the thread that Cody is speaking about : "Oh, the hypocrisy is staggering. Don't make such a fuss when you're still so blind." End of quote.

Looking at some of your comments on that particular thread and after reading through some of your posting history YOU don't seem to have a problem judging people do you?

Before handing out lessons to people who disagree about a certain current event or topic maybe you should do a little homework about your own behaviour first?

In my opinion Afterinfinity i believe that some of your comments in that particular thread also fuelled some of the disgust and outrage that was and is still being felt.

There are many different forums here on ATS to suit each and everyones tastes and opinions and this is what keeps this site so alive and enjoyable for people from all walks of life and cultures, just because ATS has the label "Conspiracy site", doesn't mean that this site is JUST for conspiracies... if this was the case, then why did the site owner create all those other different forums..., my suggestion to you is the following : If you are so fed up with reading what you consider not to YOUR particular taste, then quite simply go elsewhere, i am sure that ATS and many other people could get on very well without you!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I read the thread you were talking about and found some of the comments too. What sick sick people they are. The people who posted those comments probably weren't trolls, but just dispicable people, no not people things. They will get their judgement sooner or later. All we can do is keep beeing good and true to not just ourselves, but everyone else. We must lead by example

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree with you Cody

But dont be ashamed, just feel sorry for them

And just remember that its people like you and other good posters around that keep people like me and others coming back

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So I get on ATS today, after a few cups of coffee and wandering the house to pick things up. I hop onto ATS and look over myATS page. First read of the day is Cody, as he is one of the posters here at ATS I always click on when said poster creates a thread. I respond to Cody because more times than not he brings a smile. What a thing to wake up to. I tried to read the whole thread referred to in this thread, but, alas, I only was able to get to page two before I decided to come back after another cup of coffee.

I learned over these last few weeks who is and who isn't in my own mind anyways. In my mind is a steel trap of names that I associate the negative with and no longer respond or read a thread they author. Sometimes I'll see a post in another thread and more often than not - they confirm my intuition. I won't name names. I don't have to. We all know who they are. That's all that's required of anyone. I acknowledge a tortured soul, say a quick blessing that they break the chains of hate and fear and move on. Perhaps the next time I see them post I will see change and growth that impresses me. I have to hope. It's in my nature.

Blessings,
Cirque
edit on 27-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: It's cody...not coty. thank rotinus i mean rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

CODY my dear... CODY... Not COTY

Warmest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling for such a short phrase!!! Oh dear i need to eat!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I know it's not intentional, but the ironic part of it all is that you are now promoting that thread.

I would have known nothing about that thread, or the responses it received, if you had not just guided me to it.

reply to post by LiveForever8

Originally posted by LiveForever8

See a disgusting comment?

Report it, feel sorry for the sad, pathetic excuse for a human who is responsible for it [color=F2E8B5](perhaps pray that Karma does indeed exist), and then move on.

[align=center][color=8CE8FF]"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."[/align]
[color=A5C2C9]Mahatma Gandhi

edit on 4/27/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Karma, if it exists, is not of this world. It is beyond it. Above it. Out of the hands of us mere mortals who have no sway over it's actions.

- What goes around comes around.
- Reap what one sows
- Violence begets violence
- Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I'm not saying we should castrate these people, I'm saying that they are castrating themselves. Metaphorically, at least.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Karma, if it exists, is not of this world. It is beyond it. Above it. Out of the hands of us mere mortals who have no sway over it's actions.

- What goes around comes around.
- Reap what one sows
- Violence begets violence
- Live by the sword, die by the sword.
All of which merit the exact same response....

[align=center][color=8CE8FF]"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."[/align]
[color=A5C2C9]Mahatma Gandhi

edit on 4/27/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
If this is what happens every time someone posts a dissenting comment on ATS, I fear we have more in common with the Middle East than we originally thought. Most certainly, ATS is falling more and more into the Facebook syndrome. Either you are able to accept that your opinion isn't universally accepted...or you're gonna have a bad time, as demonstrated in recent threads. Either way, it gives you no right to judge either the members or the forum.

If you have difficulty coming to terms with dissension, seek counseling and keep your judgments to yourself. For instance, I have a few choice words for every member who thinks that not having a Valley Girl drama fit over something that happens every day in some parts of the world is a crime punishable by public humiliation. You know what, you've just witnessed the tip of the iceberg for the less civilized countries in this world. Now you know what they go through every day. And just because some of us have a lack of emotional response to something we already knew this species was capable of, doesn't make us worthy of your righteous indignation.

I had to read this a few times to even grasp the implications and the Judgments you are making of others here, for what, being saddened and sickened by the tragic death and torture of an infant ? Somehow you are making the "leap" that because people all over the World have empathy for this poor baby, we don't care about all the other babies that die tragically, in more ways then my mind can comprehend ?

Why do you think the MSM, at least in the US, blocks what we are shown in these Horrific Wars, TPTB learned from Vietnam.....NO, most people in this World will not, and can not stomach watching innocents die, especially Children...and if that isn't worth standing against, I don't know what is.......but hey, I'm just a Valley Girl, and if you mess with weaker people in front of me, you will "totally" see drama!

There is a time to mourn and reflect....would you go to a funeral for a baby that died accidently and publicly humiliate the parents? Shoot, maybe you could tell them how selfish they are for mourning their baby because other babies die too? As a community we grieved for this baby....and Cody....I'm proud of most of us.....

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why do people feel a need to refer to themselves in the third person. Especially if it is a screen name. Cody you may have valid points but I stop reading as soon as I see someone refering to themselves in the third person. I honestly do not get it. Is it some sort of ego thing? Or do you over estimate your actual value? I would add in my opinion and actually quite a few people I have met it actually devalues whatever argument you are making. I do respect your pain and what you are saying but to add yourself into the post in the 3rd person is silly. I run across this on this site as well as the "other" conspiracy site almost on a daily basis.
edit on 27-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Cody. You not the only one. Lots of moments here on ATS were I sat on my fingers so I can't type...
But as it says, sticks and stones can break my bones, - but words can never hurt me... Also they do hurt. But that's provocation for you. And dare ya fall for it...
Chin up.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is silly.
That is all.

dcskater just wanted to be first, inserted what they thought was a witty*star gaining* reply no real thought to the reply other than that I am sure.

Now to venerate those who comment in like by giving them a thread of attention.

edit on 27-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's disturbing that people still believe in religion or hocus pocus in 2013.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join