It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 People Die - Do You Care?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4it
You care when it is close to your heart?

Death, that is?

You're probably a numb, emotionally meaningless automatom. If you have any soul, the loss of life at a pin factory should crush you like it does me..

The truth is, if nobody cared, life would be a lot better. But it has to be 100% across the board - no caring means no meddling. No meddling doesn't just mean no NGOs, it means no monetary funds, micro loans, military aid, outsourcing of jobs, evangelical ministries and a general moratorium on saving flesh, souls and capital.

Essentially, it means no globalization. Because, at the end of the day, every action has a reaction. Every force civilisatrice creates a slum. Every slum creates a destitute soul. Every destitute soul creates a cheap plastic object. Every cheap plastic object creates a cancerous blight on the environment. Every bit of cancer creates a cause célèbre. Every cause célèbre creates a tunnel vision solution to our problems.

And the solution is right in front of our eyes: you really only have any control on your immediate environment. Everything else is an illusion; a delusion; a metaphor.

In short: be the change that you seek; you can only change yourself.

(Just to be clear, this is meant to agree with the OP - just broaden the view a little.)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I smell exaggerated sympathy for Muslims here.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

Do not grieve for the dead. Instead grieve for those who remain alive that can find no meaning in death or life.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Death, that is?

You're probably a numb, emotionally meaningless automatom. If you have any soul, the loss of life at a pin factory should crush you like it does me..

Thanks for bringing this up.

I'll add a corollary:

Why is a citizen of the US' life more valuable then the life of a citizen of another country?
edit on 28-4-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyLifeRocks
I smell exaggerated sympathy for Muslims here.

Why would sympathy for anyone be exaggerated?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Of course it bothers me, what sort of question is this? For now I can't fix the whole world. I have to just work on my corner of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is a world filled with disaster and death by default. The Monkeysphere is a psychological blessing-- without it, none of us would get anything done, considering the amount of grief we would feel over the passing of each individual on the planet every second of every minute of every day.

I wonder if what you are being crushed by is not actually the burden of your own ego. The families of dead loved ones probably don't care that some faceless nobody on the other side of the world is weeping into his/her pillow for them at night and sending prayers to a god that they likely don't even believe in.

edit on 29-4-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Death, that is?

I so hope you do read this. I've read over some of the replies, and well, I often write sarcastically to make a point (knowing it will go over most people's heads and I'm somewhat expecting that from Years of advocacy to absolute no avail) and then occasionally I'll speak from a few life experiences but nly to confirm what many "think" or only conspiracies, such as RA etc. but for you, this question,

I'll speak from both experience and from the heart. I know all to well what you are going through and why you ask this question...I asked it many times myself. Over the years (and I'm talking thirty+years) struggling with this issue, as well as false guilt, true guilt, a feeling of responsibility and then resentment Over those feelings, privilege etc., and finally I added it up, what it was, the root that bothered me so much, the apathy in our world. It's NOT the fact that there is Death in the world, that's a part of the natural cycle of this, so I finally made peace with that...

It's the Fact that for Billions, they not only die...they have their ENTIRE LIFE, robbed from them, and THAT, right there, is what is unacceptable and that SHOULD yes, be changed. as well as we ALL have a part to play IN THIS FACT. Whether we like it or not, our choices, either take away from the powers that rob LIFE as the Whole experience OR add to that LIFE and THAT, I believe is what we are here to Learn, and what we WILL BE JUDGED ON. And the horrible truth is, for these billions, their suffering has NO reason whatsoever, other than some asshole benefits from their misery, and then it's multiplies, etc. and that, is not just about oh everyone dies big deal, that goes beyond that...that goes into the disconnect...where WE BECOME, in being, the force of Life or HELL DEATH, aka the DESTROYER. Most, are content, to be the DESTROYER...like vampires, sucking out the soul breathe from spirits, to empower their own failing spirit. I do believe this. and I believe it has a lot to do with why some of us cannot just shrug our shoulder and sing la it da and not be tormented by the agony so many are FORCED to endure with no hope in site. This is why many of us are called to act, why we are called to look at our own selves, lives and actions and change those things that we ourselves, do, etc. and why it's not so easy for us to go idly by and shove these things to the back of our mind, etc...now whether this has to do with the fact we have suffered in that place where there was no light and we now the dark, really know it, that I can't say for sure...there are some who only know suffering and are hardened. I didn't have the answers to alla of this, but I do know, that for many of us, we never have peace, until we Do act, and I believe there is a reason for this. On the other hand however, and this is Very important...for a long time I was active to AVOID my own internal struggle with my own darkness. Does that make sense? It's really easy and can be our snare, to be judgmental, against others who don't have the same tormented calling, if you get my drift That's because we are working through our own demons, per se, and we can project a lot. Sensitive spirits or what I guess you could term as Empaths, do struggle with this...I know I do. I also think, there comes that place where one has to look inward, maybe not putting this right, ok, we have to question our own root core, and ask for TRUTH, for example, are we active because we Truly love these people OR are we active because we are enraged at the cold silent indifference to our own pain when we cried out, etc., and do we project that? Apathy is a sinister two faced type of thing, it can be very deceiving, even mask as pity...light verses dark, the dark doesn't want to se pe the light, because to do so, every demon and evil deed inside is exposed, we as we truly are and it's NOT pretty, but to SEE that, and accept that in its fullness, fullness of truth, is to be able to see, through many shades of delusions and lies, and in that, it can be frightening as well as en raging because so many, are just blind, it's like you see by all around you, they don't, they aren't even bothered by it. So you begin to think either you're special (beware if this, it's pride and it's an evil force) or you're crazy or a host of other things, and I guess, because I'm still processing a Lot of this, I guess you get to place where, you see Your place in this and what it is that YOU are meant to do, EASIER said than done however...and I don't think you ever like, "get there", it's a journey. And everyone's journey is different...being an empath, I guess that's what you could call it, is not some great thing, it's depressing cont

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Continued...it can even become Oppressive. I also know, from experience, that Empaths are far more prone to psychic attacks, from my experience anyway. What I struggle with is anger at indifference, it really is and can be an Achilles heel, a snare, and Im pretty sure that's the pride thing in us that rises up...so, over the past couple of years (and yes I fall off the jury wagon so to speak quite often as it can be exhausting) I've had to learn self discipline, NOT easy thing, for Empaths who want to "fix" everything wrong in the world. There are also avoidance issues as well as control, these things vary with life experience, etc, individual traits, so forth...I don't think there is like this Formula, you know...but for balance, and it actually is the hardest, I had to find how to change my inner circle, beginning with myself then family then community, etc OR find focus on one area, and work and be committed to that.

This btw is a common problem for many who work in any area of human rights or relief work, etc. or advocacy ESPECIALLY if there is any past related trauma that prompted one to get involved, etc. triggers, etc., if not learned how to deal, can cloud our vision, so to speak. Anyhoo, one of the best advice wisdom I ever received, was how to learn and Practice being grounded, centered in a consistent, such as nature. I tried religion but it's way to unreliable so, Nature was consistent in values, meaning BALANCE. That and sitting in silence, took some getting used to, but IF I didn't do that, I can fall back into the obsession over the worlds ails very quick and it is a type of spiral...especially if you're dealing with negative issues, like for me it was anti trafficking, slavery, poverty and labor abuses, human right abuses, etc., these things over time can multiply already trauma in your experience and it can drag you down...where the apathy in the world, can begin to appear as if Everyone is indifferent, etc. But that's not the case, there are many, many Empaths who work to change, to bring light int the world, to bring awareness, change and comfort. Some comfort, some advocate, some stir, some point out, some are militant voices for those with no voice. Focus on these things, center, find Your place and Your voice, then stand your ground. The naysayers will always be there, the ones who choose and love the "lie" will always be there, but know, the Darkness will try and pull you in a vortex to where that's ALL you see, that's part of the physic attack to get YOU to stop changing and growing and seeing. They want you to feel special or pity self, see this way, then your eyes get off those who cry out for help, and That's what the forces want...it's a warfare, in a spiritual level. It's one that's learned and walked with Many falls, failures, and humiliations. AND it's NOT a popular choice or path, in this world. So, when you feel like this, know, there ARE people who care, who live their whole lives, working to make a DIFFERENCE, to give LIFE back, to those Robbed. They aren't famous, they aren't loud, most you'll never ever hear about...but they ARE there, in this dark world, and they Do care, they Do love, and they Are light givers. They just dont scream as loud, as the silence of the indifference...but if you listen, you'll hear then, singing in the dark, to not give up hope.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
i think most people would find it hard to be too concerned about it because of how often death happens, 55 million deaths a year must be very difficult to handle if the deaths of 300 affect you so deeply, on average 65 people in the U.S.A die from influenza or influenza associated health problems every day. All in all 300 people, whilst being a tragic event for those involved, is pretty insignificant for most people because they would have no knowledge of these peoples existence otherwise

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
One word,
"9/11" for those that say they don't can as long as it doesn't happen near them.
We all felt sorrow that day.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Death is a natural thing. You have been a specie for thousands of years and still do not realize that? Wow....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I agree, why should it affect my life because someone died. Now, if it was someone I had contact with regularly and I was somewhat close to, yeah I would be hurt. But, why should I care if I don't know them, even if it's genocide, I don't know them, they don't know me, it's not my problem.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I assure you there is nothing in your OP that holds true. Numb, Emotionally meaningless automatom....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'm assuming you're referencing the collapsed building in Bangladesh. It's interesting how you assume I'm a cold heartless automaton when you don't know me or anything about me. You're projecting a straw dog so you have something to tear down.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Death, that is?

Let me get this straight...
I'm supposed to feel bad that 300 people got a "get out of jail free" card?

I'm actually happy for them, for I am certain their lives were more full of suffering than mine, and I'd be glad for an early out.

Yes, i do feel bad for the pain they might have suffered. But I doubt it was the direct result of someone's intentional action (I really don't know because this is the first I've heard of it). THAT's what gets me down. I have no faith left in the human race, which I realize is only a reflection of the universal self.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Depends on which 300.

If the Committee of 300
or the CFR
or the Bilderbergers
or those high up in the pecking order have to die for their crimes against humanity,

I WILL REJOICE !!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Death, that is?

No, you'd have to be a conditioned, foolish slave to society to be crushed at the loss of life, especially those you don't even know.

Living things die. What a silly thing to be crushed by. It is the natural order of things. Everything is impermanent. Death is inevitable. Throughout history there have been a few cultures who got things right and have celebrations when people die. Not because their loved ones died, but because their loved ones lived.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
300? spartans?
They dine in hell every day.
You shouldn't care about them.
Just kidding OP.

I will do my best to help those who suffer if they are within my reach.
Physically, economically, etc
Do I care? I dunno
But I love all of them, all of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join