It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 People Die - Do You Care?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4it
You care when it is close to your heart?

Death, that is?

You're probably a numb, emotionally meaningless automaton. If you have any soul, the loss of life at a pin factory should crush you like it does me..

Surf. I get where you are coming from. It's not about how many people are dying per say, more along the lines of what these people are dying for.. How they died and how they will be remembered.

I had extended thought on this last night, because apparently the Mexican Drug Cartels like to decapitate other's heads. It's a sick world. Why must we be so different from each other? Why must we try and deceive people for personal gain?

Money.. isn't the root of all evil, instead it was born from the evil minds that created it. Apparently, the people who introduced the current monetary system had a goal in mind.. I wonder if they achieved their goals or did they fail..

Money is meaningless. He slave over paper with no value.. I mean really? Not to mention the system has it set up in such a way that someone will lose. People lose everyday under this horrble system. Winning is but an illusion. This world that has been created is a hell.

Yes. People are dying. We will die too. But how will we die? How will we be remembered? You know, as I watched those humans get their heads cut off, I wondered what kind of life they lived. I wondered if somebody was going to miss them. I wondered who their mothers were. I wondered who did they ever make smile? WHy they ended up in the situation they ended up in.

Will people have that kind of consideration? This massive undertone of death.. must stop. But for it to stop we must ask ourselves..... "Why do I fear death? Why do I have the urge to live?" If you look at some of my older posts, I talk about how fearless of death I am. I don't know what's happening to me but I'm starting to feel the woes of this world... Everybody is in pain and they don't enjoy life they way they want to.. I'm beginning to see that I am not alone in my feelings and that I want to make people around me happier.. This is the answer I came to when I asked myself these questions. If I can't be as happy as I'd like to be, then I can try my best to help others attain their happiness in whatever way I can. I like to see people smile.. I like to see people have a bond. I like to see others fall in love.. It gives me hope that one day we can all have something to smile and be happy about, that's not money..

This world is too much like a cut-throat business.. Wake up. Stop being a slave to these people who live for themselves... Give to others (of course everybody doesn't have things to give, instead, use your words to make others smile. Share wisdom, it's priceless)... just to make them smile... Break the rules imposed on you. Be kind and give..

This is how I want to be remembered. When I die.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just to be frankly honest here....

My brother (brother in law actually, but he was the brother I never had) died somewhat unexpectedly 15 days ago. He had been battling pancreatic cancer for a while. While we all new that he would likely succumb to this horrible and unfair disease eventually, it was still sudden and shocking when he did die. The "treatments" (radiation and chemo) would often leave him very nauseus and tired, so he would spend days (sometimes more than a week or so) in bed not eating at all and drinking very little and it left him looking like he had been in a concentration camp. So he would go to the hospital to get hooked up to an IV and get fluids and nourishment for a while and come out looking much healthier. It was April 11th when he went to the hospital and we all expected it would be the same - get re-hydrated and nourished and come back home...but early in the morning, around 3:30ish on the 12th - he died. Now, I am not a very emotional man - but it has only been a few days now that I have been able to get through the entire day without crying. I also know that I will see him again in the next life/afterlife/whatever you want to call it.

So my long winded point here is that I do feel bad for anyone who was affected by these 300 people dying and for any other tragic event like the tsunamis, 9-11, and everything else - but those events have not personally affected me so they are not at all as sad to me as my brother's death. Yes most people do care about other's tragedies, just not in the same way as they do about their own losses. Like my brother - a terrible tragic loss for me and my family - but really just words on a screen from a stranger to most everyone on this website.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

This is what disgusts me and makes my heart bleed, these things are all caused by greed of the already wealthy. It makes me cry! No one cares or no one seems to care they have to buy their "brand names", so they can look cool and be liked!

The death toll at the horrific garment factory collapse that occurred earlier this week has now risen to 340. According to the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights, 80% of the factory’s workers were young women aged between 18 and 20. As upsetting as it’s been to watch, we’ve been following the news on Ecouterre, as well as investigating how consumers can express to the big name brands that make their clothes at the factory that the working conditions that led to the casualties is absolutely unacceptable. Read more: Over 300 People Dead in Bangladesh Factory Collapse | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building

inhabitat.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

No, I don't care.
I have no vested interest in their lives. The accident has no bearing on me, why would it bother me?

Sure, it is unfortunate for them, but it has no effect on my little slice of the universe.

Torturing yourself over every accident and tragedy that happens in the world is probably not very healthy for you.

But all of you care if it were in the Us and they were Americans, everyone around the world seems to care then.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

no - i dont care - nor do i care what you think

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Death, that is?

You're probably a numb, emotionally meaningless automatom. If you have any soul, the loss of life at a pin factory should crush you like it does me..

The experience of death itself can be uncomfortable.

However, once it is done it is merely a transition.

And a positive experience for those good people who transition.

I think people get bogged down with the earth perspective of death being FINALITY.

Emotional attachments. A sort of possessing that person that they loved.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

No.

I understand your point of view, and yes there are many who share it. But there are many people the world over who see things as I do. If some tragedy does not effect them personally then it is really not worth the effort to be concerned about it. This is not restricted to the US either.

Do you really think people in Myanmar give a crap about the explosion in Texas last week or the Bombing in Boston?
No they don't care, they are more concerned about all the stuff happening to them in their own country.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hope is this is compassion based and not reach but if so ... explained

Is it that what is observed by some = validation of.. because that is misunderstood. Actions are actually Continuous and so true compassion for is and always matters, no question. ? is, is it you or them who is important as far as OP goes. To 1 those who believe in HIGHER POWERS Know they whom ARE guided. And so it then seems the internal ? is then is this for them or to find what was asked? If so could be more direct and not with use of Our Lost. With in respects to thanks for sharing your intents about.

Its like, the behind the scene most extreme Nefarious activities are un shared and since not OMNI / publically shared is it some conscious observations that since these (activities) are not shared spoken of specifically by . with many, do many REALLY feel then these are not accounted for and evaluated as well... by THE who has been? Again understood the OP and may those who have always managed continue to Guide those lost. Assuming the understood the Op?

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

of course i care , but WTF can i do about it as a single "i work to much to be this poor" canadian..

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Death, that is?

You're probably a numb, emotionally meaningless automatom. If you have any soul, the loss of life at a pin factory should crush you like it does me..

If constant emotional misery is what you want your life to be, have at it. As for me, I experience a range of emotions throughout my life, have a vibrant soul, and am quite the opposite of an automaton, but thank you for displaying your total lack of comprehension of the concept of living life by talking down to just about everyone.

Excuse us (meaning the "other 7 billion" of us, outside of you and maybe 30-40 others throughout the world who live in a constant state of crushed emotional misery, because every day, FAR more than 300 lives are snuffed out, both at a ripe old age, and in tragedies before their "natural time.") for choosing to be happy at least SOME of the time, and to accept the fact that a world without death would quickly become a terrible world indeed.

What do you think the population would be right now without death? Or is it only big news event group-deaths that bother you? Not the many car accidents, construction accidents, tub-slips, accidenntal overdoses, starvation deaths, etc., which come in singles or smaller groups?

Anyhow, my recommendation, if you can break away from your superiority-complex, high and mighty, negative Emo train long enough to get yourself checked in somewhere, is to get counseling as quickly, and as often as possible until you can learn how to control and balance your emotional state. It is not healthy, nor is it natural to be "crushed" by the deaths of folks you don't even know the way you are, or to spend every day in emotional misery, dwelling on the thousands (tens of thousands maybe?) of lives ended early in tragedy every day. Such thought patterns are dangerous, and quite honestly, the filth you spewed in the OP is offensive to those of us who are notnout-of-balance emotionally-ruined sociopaths.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hearing about death of those I do not know doesn't crush me.

Why should it?

I admit I do feel sympathy for those who lost the battle of life, but the ONLY time I felt crushed is when my dad died from lung cancer.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by watchitburn

No, I don't care.
I have no vested interest in their lives. The accident has no bearing on me, why would it bother me?

Sure, it is unfortunate for them, but it has no effect on my little slice of the universe.

Torturing yourself over every accident and tragedy that happens in the world is probably not very healthy for you.

But all of you care if it were in the Us and they were Americans, everyone around the world seems to care then.

If you're right (which you're not, i would regularly pay no mind whatsoever to the reports of violent or tragic deaths
- _ why is that? Are the people in other nations outside of the UuS truly that susceptible to marketing? Or are they placing some especially high value on the lives of Americans compared to the lives of others? The only difference I can see (if i'm looking from a neutral perspective) between tragedies in the US amd elsewhere, is the power of marketing - the funny thing being that the news networks pushing the "tug at the heartstrings" to the point of absolute ridiculousness for every US tragedy are not all American media corps.

Unfortunately, the less intelligent people are, the more easily they are controlled by marketing. For media to overcome the natural human tendency to be more emotionally attached to those closer to them is both incredible and terrifying. If it works that well for such a core emotion (sadness, empathy) - completely manipulated from our natural tendencies, imagine when that same incredible marketing machine is just in inspire rage, fear, etc. We've already seen it in doses. I could easily see it happening more often, and more severely - to the point where it is starting to look like media is being used to elicit responses as a test, while the marketing machine is improved over time.

A person not under the spell cast by such media should be more affected by death in their immediate family than their 3rd cousin, more by their neighbor they don't know, but see in passing occasionally than a guy living 400 miles away. Its also not just how well you know someone or how close they are physically to you. Harm to children is more universal in emotional impact than to adults, for example. I was more impacted by the killings of the CT school children, half a continent away, than I would be by the deaths of the same number of grown adults in my own town (assuming I didn't know those theoretical people.)_

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

1800 people died in Katrina and the whole world even enemies offered help and the world mourned. it is always the same you hear the tragedy discussed all day for months but if it happens elsewhere we hardly hear and move on.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

should be more affected by death in their immediate family than their 3rd cousin

SHOULD BE According to who? I care about them all and when it is death caused by greed it should make us all feel something.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

OP, you might have provided the location of this tragedy, i.e. Bangladesh, just for reference's sake and context. But I take your point about the lack of empathy by most everybody besides the victims' families and the nation of Bangladesh. But hey, what do you expect: the majority of ATS'ers are 'Murikens.

Love seeing the people saying: no, they don't care. These same people have likely expressed outrage over the Boston Marathon Bombing and the human life lost or maimed there.

Unlike the industrial accident in Texas, there are already arrests occurring related to this building collapse. When the criminal justice system works better in Bangladesh than it does in the US -- even if it is in Texas-stan -- one really has to wonder.

Alas, a lot of people at this site are itching for a US/Israeli attack on Iran, so don't expect compassion for human beings here. Just outrage over the death of other 'Murikens.

There were likely at least as many deaths in collapsed buildings due to the recent large earthquakes in Iran and China, but not much is heard about those either -- here or in the MSM. Also, this many people die in a week -- EASILY -- in both Iraq and Afghanistan, thanks to the US-started conflicts in these two countries, and no one has much to say about these ongoing tragedies either. In fact, these two wars weren't even brought up at the grand opening ceremonies of the new George W Shrub Library, even though they were hallmarks of his presidency.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

i agree my friend, i just honestly couldn't care less about anyone or anything other than myself and my rats. Does that make me a bad person? probably, but at least i'm honest

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
double post
edit on 28-4-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Death, that is?

More than you can ever imagine.

Every deaths on this Earth, especially those where some Elite forgot to invest funds in starving Africans or where a crazy dude plants a bomb, fill me with anger because THEY - the ones who plant the bomb or ignore starving children's - don't care, and that bothers me VERY MUCH.

Some people have the power to cure deadly diseases but lack the necessary funds. Yet I see people like Rockefeller, Bill Gates and some Rothschilds, who have all the money they can ever imagine, just sitting idly and investing in stupid other useless groups like Kaiser Wilhem Institute of Eugenics instead.

Some people have the power to end starvation in Africa. There was this plant which looked like a bean if I remember right, and this plant could reproduce very well in Africa and had alot of nutrients. It could literally end starvation once and for all. But the Elite decided to ban this plant from being planted in Africa. Why? I still don't know. And that bothers me. Probably because if starvation in Africa ends, funds to some charity will end, which means these charity are not about charity anymore but about business. And now milions of deaths in Africa still go on in the name of greed. Just as Hitler killed millions, that bothers me alot.

It's been some times now that the true cause, and, thus, the cure for cancer has been discovered (It's a pathogen, activated by a precise yet widespread chemical).

But do you see this cure in the Big Media? No you don't.

Because that would mean we wouldn't have to pay Universities to find such cure anymore. Again, it's not about what's right, it's about what gets business going.

Sickening.

So, do I care when people die?

Yes, I do.

I care for all life on these Worlds, and will weep for a human life as much as I would for an Eagle's life or anything else. Every lifes are beautiful. But even more beautiful is peace between them. Harmony.

But some people hate Harmony.

Some people will look at the Big Media, and these Big Media will tell them to take arms, and these people will just crave blood like vampires because death is all they love (Freud's Pulsion of Death).

Some people want to see the World in Chaos and covered with reads, because some people are selfish and think they could have more space if we killed those humans and animals who take too much space.

edit on 28-4-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
" Three hundred die - do you care." ??
Do most of us care ? Compassion dictates that one would care, as it's part of the human condition. There are of course sociopaths, for which the emotion is severely limited.

I did a quick search "how many people die daily" and these were the results. Mind you it's somewhat less than up to date, but for this purpose adequate.
"2007 U.S. Census Bureau on World Vital Events:

Deaths -- 1.8 per second, 105 per minute, 6,306 hourly, 151,338 daily, 4,603,198 monthly and 55,238,376 yearly."
Of course your attack at us your audience gave me pause, it seemed presumptive and somewhat arrogant. But perhaps that was for that 'cliffhanger' effect that keeps attention on edge to promote participation.
Others here spoke of losing loved ones, others likely remembering a recent passing... yet for me, a kitten died and that brought me some immediate mourning as I had endeavored to provide the mother and kitten all the best care I could. It was a walk on, someone else's abandoned pet. Yet I was able to try to rescue and help. Was that fortune...? ...or misfortune...? To me it was just the need of the moment, and the acquisition of a friend, something adding to life, requiring nothing beyond the smallest amount of compassion.

People die every day, it reminds me of a saying I heard somewhere.... "Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to Die"

Sure it's grievous that so many should die so unnecessarily, but we here on this side of the world, can do little beyond mourn. The reality is, one becomes unhealthy when one dwells on the negatives in life instead of waking and attempting to bring a positive contribution.

Yes we care..... and yes we have empathy, and yes, the fact is there was little we could do to prevent this from happening. And for that, no remorse or self blame need be assigned.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

SHOULD BE According to who? I care about them all and when it is death caused by greed it should make us all feel something.

You are right. I agree a billion percent. But the problem is, for every empath, there is the psychopath.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join