It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right? view on the Holy Trinity.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The Holy Trinity is one thing which is three. Not three things that together form one thing. For the Father, The son and the holy spirit are three things, and even are not one thing. But Jesus, Jesus is one, and he was the truth, the way and the life.

So was Jesus not the holy trinity?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

No, Christ is one of the "three" in your first sentence.
Part of the trinity, not the trinity in its totality.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Not three things that together form one thing.

Actually that would be the definition of a trinity.
You may want to coine a new word to describe whatever your concept is.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Denying the perspective I presented would be foolish. One could at least accept both then. Two holy trinities then.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Look, Jesus resurrected, and made a song.

www.metrolyrics.com...

I see our world as out of focus
Lost and dying as we witness virtue thrown aside
Now degenerates and leeches thrive

While the working man's condemned
And the junkie's risen up onto a throne of lies
A wretched pedestal but only fools will watch in awe

edit on 27-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Apr 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags, source, shorten quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Sat Apr 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix tag

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

One could at least accept both then. Two holy trinities then.

The Trinity is a theological construct based on biblical evidence, not just a philosophical exercise.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Okay, no hard feelings jmdewey, but my view is also based on biblical evidence. But one must see truth, life and the way as holy too then. Maybe they are, or maybe the trinity they make is what makes it holy on itself. At least, we can discuss something without feeling offended here. Be quiet, so others won't notice.. shhht.

Did you like the song jm, and disraeli too. Did you like? I like placing myself in people who have the right to be angry. Delightfully saying what's on ones mind, like Jesus going...

V I P E R O U S ___ B R O O D. (I used a translator on the internet for this, I hope it's alright)

You just have got to love him man..

Jesus was all fun for his disciples too you know.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

One, that's an extremely offensive post right there. Two, it is my understanding that the three are a singular cohesive entity to the external realm, but are distinct amongst each other.
edit on 27-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Apr 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

it makes sense now. You're a phleps follower.

edit on Sat Apr 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Isn't what you told contradicting now AfterInfinity?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Umm well now you're really scaring me. Hatebreed.

You don't like hatebreed I know it. I like hatebreed.

Pull the other one...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Denying the perspective I presented would be foolish. One could at least accept both then. Two holy trinities then.

Well, that's not very open minded. Let's insert a third option: your information is flawed, and with the actual consideration of the insights we have to offer, you may be able to adjust your perspective.
edit on 27-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I have no idea what you're talking about. But hey, what else is new?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Did you like the song . . .

I don't see it as being especially smart to call some people worthless.
I don't think elevating violence as a virtue is smart either.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

If Jesus was one thing why did he always speak in parables and metaphors, so no, you cannot label Jesus truth as one thing, but 2 or many things, and it is up to the mind and spirit to to 'hear' because 'hearing' means two things. It was specifically said to interpret as perceiving audibility but recognized as understanding.

That is why you see so many Christians today and you immediately just get one feeling about them - whatever they are thinking and whatever they are doing is wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Isn't the trinity just a reinvention of the old pagan triple goddess meant to illustrate the phases of life. Maiden/mother/crone? This was simply reinvented into the catholic construct in order to assimilate older pagan views?

Or an example of life - woman, man, and the quickening - creating life?

Or an example of earthly knowledge, divine knowledge, and the veil/go between that separates and at times illuminates the two? All dependent upon how one interacts with the veil or er' holy ghost?

Or an example of the mundane (earth) the divine (heavens) and the messenger between the two (holy ghost)?

Just thoughts...

Cirque

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It's actually the Father, Mother, and Son. The holy spirit is the same thing as the Father in my opinion. The Father is the invisible (consciousness/spirit), the Mother is the visible (physical world/Earth), and the Son is a mixture of both (us/life).

I think the holy spirit part of the trinity took the place of the Mother, which is Earth. I think a huge part of the pollution problem stems from religions covering up the role of Mother Earth. They couldn't exploit Mother Earth if everyone knew it was part of the trinity, which is why they changed it in my opinion.
edit on 27-4-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Isn't the trinity just a reinvention of the old pagan triple goddess meant to illustrate the phases of life.

No. As JMDewey said, it is a theological construct which is intended to understand a key concept of Christianity, evidenced by both historical and theological points -- the divinity of Christ.

The early Christians were devout Jews, strict monotheists, and yet they worshiped Jesus as God, testified to him having power and authority that only God would have, and flat out referred to him as God. In that conundrum, the Doctrine of the Trinity arose.

It has nothing to do with pagan anything, it is a philosophical / theological explanation of Christian belief.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

The most rational Trinity would be that of;
Creator + Sustainer + Destroyer

These three qualities allow for our reality of constant change to exist.

Peace.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Kgnow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join