It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British SAS in 'Alien' Riddle : “little grey men” walk into ambush - then vanish

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Most likely is that they couldn't identify what they saw. Small people = women or children.
AKA human shield. Very popular tactic.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
Most likely is that they couldn't identify what they saw. Small people = women or children.
AKA human shield. Very popular tactic.

I don't think dressing up children to look like ET was a common IRA tactic in the field.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yeah Mirage !
That's a damn good one.
Thanks for sharing. Now were they the liitle fake aliens the US employs
for psyops? Or th real deal? Either way very interesting because of the sources.
edit on 27-4-2013 by sealing because: Sp

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
SAS Soldiers do not bump into little grey men, what a load of bollocks

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I am sure everyone appreciates your well reasoned and eloquent opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I am sure everyone appreciates your well reasoned and eloquent opinion.

Back down pal, do you think the average countryside ambler would "stand and stare" at little humanoid creatures and then there's a bright flash and boom they are gone? Haha, sorry mate but it's a load of tripe and even the article doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

As I said before, the story is consistent with what I would expect to read about in a close encounter report. That being said, I neither believe, nor disbelieve this story.

No favors are done by simply dismissing stories and calling them a "load of bollocks" with a one line response. It is considered poor form.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its a silly story with one source , The people , a tabloid newspaper .
I think the chances are this was a made up story either by The People or more likely the Irish Ufologist having `the crack` with the Brits .

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

As I said before, the story is consistent with what I would expect to read about in a close encounter report.

I was just wondering what your expectations are based on? A movie or your imagination?

Just wondering.

edit on 27-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Other close encounter reports. Did you not read the thread? Its only 2 pages long.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Technically the SAS (if the story is true) didn't bump into them they stumbled across the SAS ambush. Although the SAS are pretty much trained killers but at the same time due to their nature of their job they are go around guns blazing at their first sign of trouble. At the end of the day they are the SAS, it's the early 90s and the IRA hated the SAS. The SAS were concealed in an area awaiting for the IRA to pick up the weapons cache and ready to initiate the ambush. IF (and that's an if) this story is true I doubt the SAS would fire off shots at people they did not reconise as targets, especially being small bodies targets they could of possible been children. Also shooting off rounds would of compromised their position, the SAS would rather stay hidden than to go around guns blazing.

Could you imagine the story in the papers in the early 90s 'SAS team shoots dead 4 children after bein discovered monitoring a weapons cache'

Now I don't think that would of done the army any favours with the public and it probably would of made the situation in Ireland possibly even worse than what it was.

So to your question of why didn't SAS shoot that's my answer I could be wrong.
edit on 27-4-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Grammar or lack shall I say

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Basing expectation on unsubstantiated reports isn't very scientific.

Which other reports have the same details as this and have been proved so real that you would then used them as personal validation for this report?

Just wondering.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

They also wouldn't stand and watch aliens....enough said

Why not. They could gather info on whatever it was.

Seems more likely then

- blowing them away
- running away scared

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

What about the story seems "silly" to you?
That the aliens were walking around at night or that they vanished into thin air? Both seem to happen often enough. A bright flash in the sky? Again, fairly common.

The silliness in this thread is people wondering why these soldiers didn't just kill everything in sight. As if that's what soldiers do.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I think the chances are this was a made up story either by The People or more likely the Irish Ufologist having `the crack` with the Brits .

You could be right .. But at the same time I've seen comments on this site such as 'ok so it's a UFO in a tabloid, but maybe they put a UFO story in the tabloid to slowly bring the sheep into the acknowledgement of UFOs ready for a world wide disclosure' ... I don't know something like that

Whether its in a tabloid or not it could be seen different ways 1) it's a tabloid news paper it's a load of crap (to which I agree our UK tabloids are shocking)

2) publish it in a tabloid to allow the masses to begin to accept other alien forms

Who knows I doubt we will ever find the truth, if the story is true then trying to find infomation on the matter will be difficult. Even with the real ease of MoD UFO files if there something involving the SAS especially in Ireland then i presume these are well locked away

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I think you might have something there gortex ,seeing as the British were totally hated by some of the bad elements of Ireland at the time it would not surprise me if this was just an attempt to embarrass the SAS or to discredit them.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

I think you might have something the re gortex ,seeing as the British were totally hated by some of the bad elements of Ireland at the time it would not surprise me if this was just an attempt to embarrass the SAS or to discredit them.

Despite what I've replied with I agree with this as well however I assume the article is from the British side of The People newspaper (as far as I know the Irish have their own version of tabloids you have The Sun and The Irish Sun) why would a British paper post an article tryin to embarrass the SAS if anything they would make a story up crediting the SAS on some mission in Ireland. This allowing the british people to keep their heads high and the Irish worrying about the specially trained army unit

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Why did it appear in the People newspaper? What is the People newspaper? Is it a legitimate news agency or is it similar to the tabloids? I'd definitely want to hear more about that.

The People newspaper was similar to The News of the World paper, or rather "News of the Screws" as it was known. Basically celebs and celebs' "close encounters" with other celebs, or church wardens "close encounters" or wife swapping etc etc. You get the idea. Basically, a scandal sheet to be read with breakfast on a Sunday morning by D,E.F social strata and equivalent to The Sun type daily paper. It wasn't as bad as The Sport whose headlines included "Statue of Elvis found on Mars" but it was close.

Some of the Sport's best headlines can be found here

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If this is true then I would have no doubt at all in believing the account, the SAS are mad as hatters but rational and trained observers whom were at that time the very best special force in the world, though everybody claims that there special forces were, I know of an old Ex SAS man whom Would tell you some very interesting story's from the Korean war, these men are allowed to hold a fire arm even after retiring as they are by nature of there undercover actions targets for reprisal attacks, they are Mas as I say but most definitely not delusional so If this report is correct I have no doubt they observed what they claimed to observe which begs the question what did the greys/GRAYS want with an IRA arms cache - it would be nice to think they wanted to destroy it.
edit on 27-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Let's boil this down to exactly what is it, an SAS Patrol encountered some little people while waiting or preping an ambush and some newspaper reports they encountered aliens...........

That is all this is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join