It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of religious foundations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I'm saying there is no 'logic', just you making up your own definition of 'religion', and then criticising anyone who does not meet your criteria.

How is it that the reply above yours calls the logic infallible, and yet you find no logic at all? When did offering honest arguments on a topic become a criticism? This is what religious people are famous for. You have no intellectual counter-argument, so you claim personal attack all the while it is you attacking me (and not the subject we are debating).

Definition of religion: Religion is an organized collection of belief systems... Religion So, I didn't make this definition up.

Where is the organized collection of belief systems in Christianity or even the Islamic faith? There is none, meaning that either god has failed in his message, or there is no god and it's all made up by man.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

How is this, 'perfect' for getting the "message" across is to bundle it in such a way that it gets through in a diversity of ways of believing in Jesus and God?

A diversity of ways of believing? When the bible claims that no one can go to the father except through Jesus, this is pretty specific, wouldn't you say? So, why would everything else in the bible be so vague as to be wide WIDE open to interpretation? Either believe in Jesus one way, or don't. How can there be a gray area in a perfect bible inspired by a perfect god?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

How can there be a gray area in a perfect bible inspired by a perfect god?
Obviously one of those has to be wrong.
You are just picking the wrong one.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Where is the organized collection of belief systems in Christianity . . .
That is what you are calling "logic".

The Bible defines religion differently so your 'logic' is down the tubes and you are just back to criticizing people for not all agreeing on doctrinal issues or whatever.
That seems important to your 'logic' that says there is no such thing as religion according to the definition that you cherry picked.
edit on 30-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by jiggerj

Where is the organized collection of belief systems in Christianity . . .
That is what you are calling "logic".

The Bible defines religion differently so your 'logic' is down the tubes and you are just back to criticizing people for not all agreeing on doctrinal issues or whatever.
That seems important to your 'logic' that says there is no such thing as religion according to the definition that you cherry picked.
edit on 30-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Again with the 'you this' and 'you that' while claiming I am criticizing people. Don't you see that YOU are criticizing me, and not the other way around?

How does the bible define religion? Actually, where in the bible does it define religion? How can I cherry pick a definition? IT'S THE DEFINITON! lol I didn't make it up.

But, you gave me an idea for a thread - when I get the energy up to do it. Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Again with the 'you this' and 'you that' while claiming I am criticizing people. Don't you see that YOU are criticizing me, and not the other way around?
I didn't say there was anything wrong with criticizing. There is bad criticism and good criticism. Mine is good and yours is bad. Not because you are a bad person, but how you make criticism, where you make out that there is something inherently wrong with them, rather than using actual logic like you only say you do.

How does the bible define religion? Actually, where in the bible does it define religion? How can I cherry pick a definition? IT'S THE DEFINITON! lol I didn't make it up.
James 1:27 defines it as helping people who need it.
I was thinking more of the lexicon definition for the Greek word used by James, which is acts of piety.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The best evidence we have for Christianity are the 5,000 New Testament manuscripts which indicate the Gospels were written around 70–90 A. D. With a strong cultural emphasis on accurate oral tradition the majority of scholars agree that Jesus existed and there was an early community of believers in place who already accepted the resurrection as a true event.

Secondly archaeological finds have validated specific gospel details including that Herod and Pontius Pilate existed, as did Nazareth and Caiaphas who presided at Jesus trial.

Third there is external evidence from Pliny and Tactitus in the first century.

No other religion can match the amount of evidence available. Whether or not we accept this evidence is as much a result of our own philosophical biases as anything. But to say there is no evidence would be a mistake.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
The foundations of most religions are based on certain events written in biblical texts. Evidence of these events should be readily available, yet the biblical accounts deliberately and mysteriously ensure that this evidence will never be found (exactly like in a work of fiction). What are some of these events?

1. Where is the ark of the covenant? Answer: Don't know.

2. Where is the burial site of all of the firstborn of Egypt that god killed?
Answer: Don't know. They were probably buried somewhere in the desert.

3. Where is the burial site of all the jews that died as slaves in Egypt?
Answer: Don't know. They were probably buried somewhere in the desert.

4. Where are the stone tablets the ten commandments were written on?
Answer: In the ark of the covenant.

5. Where is the ark of the covenant again?
Answer: Don't know.

6. Where is the body of Jesus?
Answer: Floated up and away into heaven.

7. Mohammed flew to heaven on a winged creature, then flew back to earth. Where are the bones of this winged creature?
Answer: Don't know. Probably flew back to heaven.

8. Many miracle healings have been attributed to the gods, except for the re-growing of amputated limbs. Will all those that had just such a miracle happen to them, please raise your new right hand.
Counting of new right hands: 0

9. Where is Noah's ark?
Answer: Don't know.

10. Where was the virgin Mary buried when she died?
Answer: Her body was also taken up into heaven.

It's hard to believe in the stories written down as religious texts, but when EVERY single piece of evidence has an absurd excuse for not being available, that makes the religious texts an insult to mankind's intelligence.

Asking a lot of questions, you as a Catholic should already know jigger. You gotta come home. Who cares about where the Ark of the Covenant is, all things in the New Covenant are greater. St. John tells you in the last verse of Revelation Chapter 11. John is introducing you to, helping you see who the royal sounding "woman" is in the very next Chapter, Revelation 12:1.

The Ark of the New Covenant is Mary most holy.

Revelation 11:19 tells you Mary is in Heaven.

And the temple of God was opened in heaven: and the ark of his testament was seen in his temple, and there were lightnings, and voices, and an earthquake, and great hail.

love,

colbe

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join